• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with this story so far is that this is not from the Post or the Times. It is not shocking that NRA is crooked. What is shocking is that there is a team in the FBI that is so damn good at their jobs that they are able to tackle the political pressure and investigate this.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
What? No.

I was implying that the FBI cannot compete with the NRA in terms of political power, support and monetary means.

Put another way, if the FBI actually tries to seriously go after the NRA, expect a bunch of high profile personnel changes and budget cuts for the bureau.

My only issue with this story so far is that this is not from the Post or the Times. It is not shocking that NRA is crooked. What is shocking is that there is a team in the FBI that is so damn good at their jobs that they are able to tackle the political pressure and investigate this.
The FBI was investigating the President of the United States. Investigating the NRA seems a bit small in comparison to that.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The FBI was investigating the President of the United States. Investigating the NRA seems a bit small in comparison to that.
I disagree - the president is only backed by one party because of your extremely partisan system. That means leverage and plenty of people profiting (mostly politically) from his downfall.

The NRA has bought politicians on both sides of the aisle, so their support is essentially bi-partisan and much more structurally sound, with many more people from both parties profiting (politically and financially) from the NRA continuing to operate as usual.

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
You need guns for domestic enemies but the NRA will pull out the red carpet for foreign enemies. lol because of course.

tlhm94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It might be noted that this story overlaps a lot with what Fusion GPS was looking into as per simpson's testimony.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
It might be noted that this story overlaps a lot with what Fusion GPS was looking into as per simpson's testimony.

Yep, Simpson / Fusion GPS were the ones pointing to Alexander Torshin (Russian banker accused of international money laundering and a Putin crony) as the key player here. The New York Times also brought him up in December, along with this little bombshell:

The emailed outreach from the conservative {NRA} operative to Mr. Dearborn {Trump campaign adviser} came far earlier, around the same time that Russians were trying to make other connections to the Trump campaign. Another contact came through an American advocate for Christian and veterans causes, and together, the outreach shows how, as Mr. Trump closed in on the nomination, Russians were using three foundational pillars of the Republican Party — guns, veterans and Christian conservatives — to try to make contact with his unorthodox campaign.

Hold on to your butts.... Christian conservative groups may also be implicated.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy.

Maybe this is why they are trying to interfere with the investigation?

That nra ad that looked like a scene from The Purge, I can believe it.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Don't these fucks say we need guns to keep foreign powers OUT of America?

Foreign is code for "colored." Russians aren't *really* foreigners, because they look like native Americans. I mean those other native Americans. The ones not on reservations, who aren't actually indigenous to--OH YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN... REAL AMERICANS!

Oct 27, 2017
Foreign is code for "colored." Russians aren't *really* foreigners, because they look like native Americans. I mean those other native Americans. The ones not on reservations, who aren't actually indigenous to--OH YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN... REAL AMERICANS!

Hulk Hogan? I knew there was something up with that dude, brother.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on to your butts.... Christian conservative groups may also be implicated.

That's been happening for years now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Congress_of_Families

The 2014 WCF conference was scheduled to be held in September in Russia,[62] and is being promoting as "the 'Olympics' of the international Pro-Life movement supporting the Natural Family".[63] Because of the situation in the Ukraine and Crimea, planning for the conference was suspended.[64][65]

Larry Jacobs was invited to Russia to advise Russian Orthodox leaders in setting up Christian right coalitions that unite Protestant Evangelical and Roman Catholic groups opposing legalized abortion.[66] Larry Jacobs has been a strong advocate of the Russian LGBT propaganda law, commenting that "The Russians might be the Christian saviors of the world"[67][68] The coalition stated "Russia, with its historic commitment to deep spirituality and morality, can be a hope for the natural family supporters from all over the world"[69] Jacobs commented that "The Kremlin used to be a no-no for conservatives," but added "We're going to redeem that building."[70]