• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Looked at the Yelp page for the Dad's lawfirm. I'm surprised there aren't thousands of joke reviews.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017

LRz2r.gif

Ok this got me

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hey, this thread is still going. Surely it couldn't have possibly have gotten dumbe-

*Reads thread*

How is this real?

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Re: the new thread title with the closing "update: hoax"

What's the hoax?

Is there no FBI investigation into this matter?

Were scumbags not trying to pay off women to make false claims?

Could a mod please make the title revisions more specific? It's confusing.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
Omg how can someone be this fucking stupid? Making up profiles, names, companies—that's just too many lies and fabrications to maintain. This like some Stephen Glass/Jukt Micronics type of ridiculousness

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
OK, this whole thing is so confusing. Tell me if I'm off...

They wanted to discredit Mueller
Not being able to find an accuser, they made one up
They are now being investigated for making up a fake accuser in an effort to discredit Mueller
Profit?

They set up an obviously fake accuser, "Lorraine Parsons" and some evidence to make it look like Lorraine was offered money from one of these imbeciles.

Now they are "defending" themselves against the fake accusations they created.

This is an attempt to discredit the media.

Seriously, though, I have no idea how they thought this would turn out.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Re: the new thread title with the closing "update: hoax"

What's the hoax?

Is there no FBI investigation into this matter?

Were scumbags not trying to pay off women to make false claims?

Could a mod please make the title revisions more specific? It's confusing.

There isn't a woman, they invented her.

I'm so confused.

Wohl and Burkmen wanted to discredit Mueller with fake assault claims... but then also sent an e-mail to the media claiming to be a woman who was offered money to make fake claims by Burkman? What? So they hoped the media would run the story of them offering money to women to make fake claims... and the be like GOTCHA MEDIA, THAT NEVER HAPPENED, IT WAS US ALL ALONG!

This entire thing is a fucking omnishambles. How can people be this stupid?

Oct 27, 2017

I'm so confused.

Wohl and Burkmen wanted to discredit Mueller with fake assault claims... but then also sent an e-mail to the media claiming to be a woman who was offered money to make fake claims by Burkman? What?

They basically framed themselves framing Mueller.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
... so these guys thought Cohen movies were documentaries about criminal masterminds, apparently.

Like holy shit, how can you be so dumb.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what exactly is a hoax? I am so confused now.
It's a hoax that was meant to get the media to post fake news based on nothing(That a woman who doesn't exist was bribed to make accusations against Mueller) to own the libs, but when the media didn't post it, the hoaxer made another hoax in which he made a fake company(Using a shadowed out picture of himself as the leader named something Cohen) that would then bribe a woman to make up a story of Mueller sexually assaulting her in New York in a suite of a hotel on the fifth floor where there are no suites(it's a gym) on a day that Mueller was on record as being in jury duty in DC. Of course, "company" posts about this at the same moment that the fbi and media talk about how the fakes a fake with a fake plan.

You think that's stupid? That's only 10% of the stupid level of the aftermath.

The tittle is confusing everyone who is coming late into this story.

There's nothing not confusing about this hilarious clusterfuck. So, why not? Title should be "Peter Wohl made a fake of a fake but got faked out."

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
At least two other women received emails about Mueller.

They are law professors too.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this plan sounded so foolproof in their own minds when they planned it.

Let's make up a fake person to fool the media, and when it comes out it was fake we can point at say "fake news! Told ya".. but then the media isn't as stupid as they think.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We are at peak stupid, folks. If this goes any further down the stupid hole we'll be approaching critical mass.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
Sooooo...

They make up a story and a person that leads back to them.

Then they reveal that the person and thus the story is fake...

thus exonerating themselves and to make the press look bad?

was that the plan?

Oct 26, 2017
Jacob Wohl has been a waste of life for the past two years on twitter and should have been referred to the securities regulatory body for securities fraud. Hopefully they put him away for this shit.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's a hoax that was meant to get the media to post fake news based on nothing(That a woman who doesn't exist was bribed to make accusations against Mueller) to own the libs, but when the media didn't post it, the hoaxer made another hoax in which he made a fake company(Using a shadowed out picture of himself as the leader named something Cohen) that would then bribe a woman to make up a story of Mueller sexually assaulting her in New York in a suite of a hotel on the fifth floor where there are no suites(it's a gym) on a day that Mueller was on record as being in jury duty in DC. Of course, "company" posts about this at the same moment that the fbi and media talk about how the fakes a fake with a fake plan.

You think that's stupid? That's only 10% of the stupid level of the aftermath.

There's nothing not confusing about this hilarious clusterfuck. So, why not? Title should be "Peter Wohl made a fake of a fake but got faked out."
Jesus CHRIST my head hurts after reading that. What utter stupidity to not only pull a scheme like that, but to have it get caught so quickly too. Good lord.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
So what are we thinking the source of Wohls money is? Trump and or Russia? They're the only ones who likely want to try and bring Mueller down, right? As dumb as they are at covering their trail on these false claims, I hope the FBI puts the full brunt of its resources against digging this up.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I'm so confused.

Wohl and Burkmen wanted to discredit Mueller with fake assault claims... but then also sent an e-mail to the media claiming to be a woman who was offered money to make fake claims by Burkman? What? So they hoped the media would run the story of them offering money to women to make fake claims... and the be like GOTCHA MEDIA, THAT NEVER HAPPENED, IT WAS US ALL ALONG!

Thanks for the summary. Earlier today, I read that the people/person behind this were dropping hints that they'd be revealing an accuser against Mueller soon. Did they actually reveal/concoct an accuser or accusatory statements?

I read "Surefire Intelligence" or whoever these people are approached real women trying to fish for dirt on Mueller, offering to pay for their time. From the Atlantic article posted in the OP:

Jennifer Taub, an associate professor at Vermont Law School, received an email from a man using a Surefire Intelligence email address around the same time, on October 22. "It's my understanding that you may have had some past encounters with Robert Mueller," he told Taub, according to the email she forwarded me on Tuesday afternoon. "I would like to discuss those encounters with you."

I just assumed they hadn't yet found a person willing to lie about Mueller in exchange for money. I guess they never did.

But are you guys saying the people pushing this put out actual accusations (as opposed to promises of future accusations)?

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
The sloppy planning behind all of this I think has much to do with the fact that much of the Right really does believe its own lies about "fake news media". So much so that they would concoct a really piss poor plan to frame Mueller while thinking the "fake news media" would have little to no vetting process in place to verify these claims.

Reality comes at you fast.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Now that I know how bad the old place is I went over to check this out and my God is it great. The first few posts is right wing loons jumping on the story and then once it's clear that it's a hoax it's just the handful of liberals left there laughing their asses off at them.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with throwing shit at the walls and hoping something sticks is that people will notice that there's shit all over your walls

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Thanks for the summary. Earlier today, I read that the people/person behind this were dropping hints that they'd be revealing an accuser against Mueller soon. Did they actually reveal/concoct an accuser or accusatory statements?

I read "Surefire Intelligence" or whoever these people are approached real women trying to fish for dirt on Mueller, offering to pay for their time. From the Atlantic article posted in the OP:

I just assumed they hadn't yet found a person willing to lie about Mueller in exchange for money. I guess they never did.

But are you guys saying the people pushing this put out actual accusations (as opposed to promises of future accusations)?

There is no accuser. As it was said earlier in the thread: Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman are framing themselves for framing Mueller.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo...

They make up a story and a person that leads back to them.

Then they reveal that the person and thus the story is fake...

thus exonerating themselves and to make the press look bad?

was that the plan?

Not quite. The plan was to release a fake person to the media claiming surefire was bribing her to make accusations against Mueller. Then when the media posted it claim "Fake news" and then use surefire to release the accusations of women they actually bribed. So they would both fake news AND accuse Mueller of sexual assault. Of course the media didn't bite, and the bribes were revealed as they were making the press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.