• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Xbox One, Switch, PS4

This is the Isometric RPG sequel, and not the remake of the first Fear Effect -- which still still be releasing this year.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One, Switch, PS4

This is the Isometric RPG sequel, and not the remake of the first Fear Effect -- which still still be releasing this year.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought this was the remake.

That being said, is it worth it today to try and get into the first 2 PS1 games ?

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Did these games do well? I have never actually played them but I remember ads in magazines when I was younger.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This was supposed to be embargoed until tomorrow morning, but I guess the cat is outta the bag

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FE 1 + 2 are among my favourite games ever, Kronos were really onto something, but even I can admit this game is hot trash. A generic isometric shooter using FE characters, this game has very little to do with the original 2 games outside that. Had this not even been called FE nobody could ever make a correlation, I really hate it when modern game devs take the name of a beloved franchise and butcher it by making something completely new. The FE 1 remake however.... oh boy!

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
FE 1 + 2 are among my favourite games ever, Kronos were really onto something, but even I can admit this game is hot trash. A generic isometric shooter using FE characters, this game has very little to do with the original 2 games outside that. Had this not even been called FE nobody could ever make a correlation, I really hate it when modern game devs take the name of a beloved franchise and butcher it by making something completely new. The FE 1 remake however.... oh boy!
Just because it`s nothing like the old games, doesn`t have to mean it will be bad. That`s what i hope at least.

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for the best, expecting something bad. The demo/prototype was really underwhelming and the actual gameplay was unfortunately subpar. I hope for the best with the team and the efforts they put in, they deserve success.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
As a backer and a huge fan of the PS1 games, which still hold up, the Sedna demo was hot garbage. They have a LOT to prove.

The cutscenes are on point, though, no doubt.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, I'm glad the kickstarter proved people still have interest in the series and helped greenlight the remake.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the video in cgi look like old cartoon from the 2000

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Xbox One, Switch, PS4

Sedna isn't an RPG. It has more in common with real-time tactics games like Commandos. However, the demo they released a while back was pretty terrible. Awful combat, lousy controls, poor level design and AI... I don't have high hopes for this. They really should have just made a traditional adventure game.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I don't like the art style, but it looks like it COULD be fun. I may give it a shot sometime, unless it is heavy on strategy and tactics.

I remember seeing the Fear Effect games at video stores as a kid, but never actually played either of them because I didn't own a PSX until very late.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, the cutscene style really takes me back, they look great. The gameplay on the other hand looks like a flash game.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fear Effect was basically an FMV adventure game with absolutely horrific combat inserted in between the puzzles and cutscenes.

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If budget has been an issue in making this into a (poor) real-time action game, they should have just opted for an adventure game or a visual novel to cut costs. I'm not sure how much the devs have improved on the somewhat terrible prototype that they released early last year. But I hope for the best.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing the first game lately. The tank control is pure garbage. So glad shit like that has disappeared now.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Fear Effect was a series I always wanted to enjoy but the awful controls kept me from getting into it, glad they switched up the gameplay for this.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
They basically Resident Evil games with the horror swapped for light comedy, mostly.

Good games.

Swapped for light comedy? What?!

The PS1 Fear Effect games are way more gnarly and grotesque than early Resident Evil ever was. Especially the first one. The last level of the first game is a depiction of Hell influenced by Chinese mythology, and it is downright creepy still to this day.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Swapped for light comedy? What?!

The PS1 Fear Effect games are way more gnarly and grotesque than early Resident Evil ever was. Especially the first one. The last level of the first game is a depiction of Hell influenced by Chinese mythology, and it is downright creepy still to this day.
On the other hand

tumblr_m1028cCjph1qfa1jdo1_r1_400.gif

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah, that is one of the greatest inventory puzzles in video game history, but moments like that aren't exactly frequent. Especially in disc 3 onwards, when very bad things start happening to the protagonists and the prostitutes in the brothel transform into mindless demons.

Eh, I think it was just over the top with its attitude to everything. Some ridiculously Gory moments, unbelievable comedy moments and silly sexiness. Would never call it horror.