RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Fear the Walking Dead returns for its fourth season Sunday, April 15 at 10/9c and will air at 9/8c for the remainder of the season beginning the following week. The fourth season consists of 16 episodes and will be split into two halves, as usual. The second half of the season will air later this year, most likely in September.

This will be the first season with new showrunners Andrew Chambliss (Once Upon a Time, Dollhouse) and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time, Dead of Summer). They replace Dave Erickson, who left to develop new shows for AMC.

AMC said:
About the show

In Season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead, fans will see the world of Madison Clarkand her family through new eyes — the eyes of Morgan Jones, joining the story from the world of The Walking Dead.

In the new season, the characters' immediate past mixes with an uncertain present of struggle and discovery as they meet new friends, foes and threats. They fight for each other, against each other and against a legion of the dead, all to somehow build an existence amid the crushing pressure of lives coming apart.

There will be darkness and light; terror and grace; the heroic, mercenary, and craven, all crashing together towards a new reality for Fear the Walking Dead.

Cast

Videos

Season 4 trailer
'A Look at Season 4' Behind the Scenes

Links

• Promo Photos

T5OHiKk.jpg

qANjlNB.jpg

1qBAf8E.jpg

AXHgI33.jpg

L+SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 10.1 million viewers and a 4.9 A18-49 rating
    Episode 2: 8.2 million viewers and a 4.1 A18-49 rating
    Episode 3: 7.2 million viewers and a 3.6 A18-49 rating
    Episode 4: 6.6 million viewers and a 3.3 A18-49 rating
    Episode 5: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating
    Episode 6: 6.9 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
    Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
    Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
    Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
    Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
    Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
    Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
    Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
    Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
    Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
    Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
    Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
    Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
    Episode 14: 3.7 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
    Episode 15: 3.0 million viewers and 1.3 A18-49 rating

Season Three:

Episode 1: 3.1 million viewers and 1.2 18-49 rating
    Episode 2: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
    Episode 3: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
    Episode 4: 2.4 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
    Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
    Episode 6: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
    Episode 7: 2.6 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
    Episode 8: 2.4 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
    Episodes 9 & 10: 2.1 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
    Episode 11: 2.0 million viewers and 0.7 18-49 rating
    Episode 12: 2.0 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
    Episode 13: 2.4 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
    Episode 14: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
    Episodes 15 & 16: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating

Season Four:

Episode 1: 4.1 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
  • Episode 2: 3.1 million viewers and 1.1 A18-49 rating
    Episode 3: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 A18-49 rating
    Episode 4: 2.5 million viewers and 0.9 A18-49 rating
    Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 0.9 A18-49 rating
    Episode 6: 2.3 million viewers and 0.8 A18-49 rating
  • Episode 7: 2.0 million viewers and 0.6 A18-49 rating
  • Episode 8: 2.3 million viewers and 0.7 A18-49 rating

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
ERA's formatting is bloody horrible so the OP is all fucked up and I have no idea how to fix it without remaking the thread so w/e.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Season three was better than the second for sure, as well as some of the first. It's still not a particularly good show, but I've watched everything up until now so I may as well continue.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have not watched passed season one but I keep checking into whats going on from time to time. I even buy the Blu-Ray sets for this show (yeah maybe I'm crazy). Anyways the trailer for season 4 looked really good and it really makes me want to catch up.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how Morgan fits into this show? Like is he in the west before the events of "The Walking Dead" or was there a fast forward (that brings the continuity in line with TWD) that happened in "Fear The Walking Dead" that I'm unaware of?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how Morgan fits into this show? Like is he in the west before the events of "The Walking Dead" or was there a fast forward (that brings the continuity in line with TWD) that happened in "Fear The Walking Dead" that I'm unaware of?

We don't know how it's going to work out exactly, but the general consensus is that they'll be aligning FtWD's current timeline with TWD's current timeline.

Season 3 of Fear ended around the same time that Rick woke up from his coma in season 1, which would put FtWD's timeline several years ahead (or is it behind? gah) of TWD's (but when you factor in all the time jumps TWD has had, I guess it about evens things out?).

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know how it's going to work out exactly, but the general consensus is that they'll be aligning FtWD's current timeline with TWD's current timeline.

Season 3 of Fear ended around the same time that Rick woke up from his coma in season 1, which would put FtWD's timeline several years ahead (or is it behind? gah) of TWD's (but when you factor in all the time jumps TWD has had, I guess it about evens things out?).

Ah i see. Thanks!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this after how great season three was— it sucks to see that this is more or less a soft-reboot of the show's narrative, but I still have hope.

I am worried that they'll focus too much on other characters though. To me, the Clarks are still the main characters. Not Morgan, and not whoever the new characters are.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
I haven't watched s8 of TWD yet.

Timewise, is Morgan here AFTER s8 (last I recall he was killing again in the kingdom) or is this him during some of the missing time with him between the episode Clear and when rick finds him outside Alexandria?

Dude can sure travel

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I haven't watched s8 of TWD yet.

Timewise, is Morgan here AFTER s8 (last I recall he was killing again in the kingdom) or is this him during some of the missing time with him between the episode Clear and when rick finds him outside Alexandria?

Dude can sure travel
If you're looking for a chronological timeline of sorts, I believe the following is accurate...

FTWD1 < FTWD2 < FTWD3 = TWD1 < TWD2 < TWD3 < TWD4 < TWD5 < TWD6 < TWD7 < TWD8 < FTWD4 < gap < TWD9

Tonight's FTWD season premiere takes place immediately following the events of TWD's Season 8 finale.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a streaming service where I can catch up on all of the Walking Dead? I have Hulu, Netflix, and HBO but I'm behind by a lot of seasons.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up and am midway through season 2 as I type this... not exactly sure why I am watching this show as all the characters are pretty unlikeable and it seems like the same retreads of the walking dead, but what the hell.

Is there a streaming service where I can catch up on all of the Walking Dead? I have Hulu, Netflix, and HBO but I'm behind by a lot of seasons.
Hulu

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Catching up and am midway through season 2 as I type this... not exactly sure why I am watching this show as all the characters are pretty unlikeable and it seems like the same retreads of the walking dead, but what the hell.
It starts picking up a little during the second half of season two, but season three is where it really hits its stride. One of the best seasons of either show.

Hulu has the first three seasons in the US.

Last edited:

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer looks super good and I heard this season is a soft reboot. Curious to see how it kicks off.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is there a season 3 recap video somewhere? I gave up mid way through season 3 but don't feel like going back to catch up.

I'm giving season 4 a shot because of Morgan.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
At what time period of The Walking Dead does Morgan join the crew of Fear the Walking Dead? Is he going to ''leave'' in the finale tomorrow, or was he with them some time earlier during Walking Dead, like before meeting Rick and co in Alexandria?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
At what time period of The Walking Dead does Morgan join the crew of Fear the Walking Dead? Is he going to ''leave'' in the finale tomorrow, or was he with them some time earlier during Walking Dead, like before meeting Rick and co in Alexandria?
Everything so far is pointing to him leaving Virginia after the events of season eight, with Fear jumping ahead in time from early in the outbreak (season three of Fear and season one of TWD happened at approximately the same time) to after season eight of TWD, which is then when he arrives in Texas.

Basically, the timeline is something like this:

Fear S1-2 -> Fear S3 = TWD S1 -> TWD S2-8 -> Fear S4

Last edited:

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Everything so far is pointing to him leaving Virginia after the events of season eight, with Fear jumping ahead in time from early in the outbreak (season three of Fear and season one of TWD happened at approximately the same time) to after season eight of TWD, which is then when he arrives in Texas.

Basically, the timeline is something like this:

Fear S1-2 -> Fear S3 = TWD S1 -> TWD S2-8 -> Fear S4
That's a massive timeskip. Will definitely be interesting to see how they handle the big cliffhanger at the end of S3 of Fear.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
That's a massive timeskip. Will definitely be interesting to see how they handle the big cliffhanger at the end of S3 of Fear.
I really hope they don't just sweep that cliffhanger under the rug, but reading things like Madison's character description in the OP doesn't give me much hope about that. It seems pretty apparent to me that Dave Erickson intended for the show to continue from that point and also continue the Proctor John storyline, but with him gone it seems like they wanted to just start over from fresh as much as possible.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Where does this info come from? It seems like Shane and company have done a lot less by the time Rick catches up than the Fear group did in the first two seasons! How long was Rick out for anyways? How much of that was during the Zombie uprising?
This blog goes into some detail about how long Rick was out in the hospital. It's Jenner's timeline set in the finale that conflates things somewhat and my exposure to Fear is hazy at best so if you want to block TWD1 in with FTWD2 instead, you're more than welcome to.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason why this is starting on the same week/day the Walking dead is ending? Shouldn't this be starting on the following week instead?

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
Where does this info come from? It seems like Shane and company have done a lot less by the time Rick catches up than the Fear group did in the first two seasons! How long was Rick out for anyways? How much of that was during the Zombie uprising?
You can compare both timelines with these links.
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_The_Walking_Dead_Timeline

Fear S3 ends at day 64 and day 64 in the main show is when the group is at the CDC.

Is there a reason why this is starting on the same week/day the Walking dead is ending? Shouldn't this be starting on the following week instead?
Well Fear is most likely doing a timeskip of some sort. So it seems like Morgan will be going straight from the main show to Fear. Better to have both episodes back to back in my opinion if he is indeed doing that.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say that I have been watching regular WD mostly out of inertia but that I'd like the trashiness of WD fine if it just stopped dragging things out so much and the plots made a little more sense.

Would Fear be worth checking out for me? Thanks.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched in ages so their Morgan move did work on me lol.

So is morgan about to teleport from trash kingdom?
I'm curious as well.

Well Fear is most likely doing a timeskip of some sort. So it seems like Morgan will be going straight from the main show to Fear. Better to have both episodes back to back in my opinion if he is indeed doing that.
Yeah, pretty fitting if they're going to do his transition between shows like that.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i am also watching again since first season cuz morgan

oh here we are

Now here is carol

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus should have offered him a starting spot in Maggie's back stabbing all star team, that woulda brought him back.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This is really just showing us that Morgan could carry a show by himself. This pretty much half the episode.