February 2019 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, March 12th

Oct 25, 2017
Think Mar10 day sales are going to have a notable impact on March software rankings? Apparently NSMBUDX was sold out on Amazon for a while.

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I wonder if Apex Legends will have a Fortnite-like effect and provide a sales boost to the PS4 and Xbox One?

Like Fortnite, it doesn't require a gold subscription on the PS4.

At the very least I'm sure we'll see headset sales spike again.

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I wonder if Apex Legends will have a Fortnite-like effect and provide a sales boost to the PS4 and Xbox One?

Like Fortnite, it doesn't require a gold subscription on the PS4.

At the very least I'm sure we'll see headset sales spike again.
TBH not really seeing the same affect.

It skews older so that audience seems to already have the system and accessories.

Oct 27, 2017
It's still a retail copy, even if it isn't a physical game card. I'm pretty sure those are tracked by NPD if they are sold by retailers.
My bad, you're right. I forgot the sale was retail download. I thought it was eShop exclusive for some reason when it was the complete opposite. :|

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
you missed it by 1 minute!
So, interestingly, my process to save the webpages for the thread for the parser to use runs at 1 minute past the hour local computer time, just in case my computer's time was off. When it saved page 4, Andromeda's post was not there. When it tried to save a prospective page 5, it got page 4 again (i.e. the last thread page), and Andromeda's post was there. So with this wierdly timed scenario, my process to save the webpages did technically pick it up, so Andromeda's prediction will be counted. (^_^)

-----------

ResetERA Aggregate Predictions - Feb-2019

1. NSW - 326K (stddev: 41K)
2. PS4 - 249K (stddev: 38K)
3. XB1 - 149K (stddev: 31K)

Jun 9, 2018
I think X1 is being underestimated for February, same goes to ps4, doesn't consoles increase in sales a ton during tax season? Even though taxes were changed this month, it won't change buying habits.

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Thanks MagicPork!

Switch did 279k last year, so that means it did 363k this year. PS4 did 363k last year (heh), and 283k this year. XB1 did 310k last year, and 220k-225k this year.

Switch seems to be keeping up the 30% increase in weekly average sales for the year so far.