February 2019 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, March 12th

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you make obnoxious Clickbait titles with matching Thumbnails on your videos, Benji.

(I’m joking. Please don’t do that lol)
No need to worry about that. This sort of shit being exactly what's so prevalent on YT is exactly why I'm doing this.

Again im not trying to get any "fame" off this or try to make money so I really dont care how many views these videos get. Its mostly just trying to provide some sort of thought out discussion in the platform

There wont be clickbait titles. The name of the main podcast is "The State of the Industry"

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm feeling MUCH better mentally overall than I have in a long time. And I've been frustrated with the sales discussion on YouTube for a while

I'm all in now, first video will probably go up tonight with a channel overview
I’m glad to hear that. Learning to filter out the garbage of the internet is more and more becoming a life skill. I’ll be sure to check it out.

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
OMG I hope you wear a Guy Fawkes mask, it would fit perfectly.
I actually havent figured out which kind yet lol

Probably something really basic at first. And like I said I'm not that worried about people figuring me out anymore. A Fawkes mask would cover too much of my face

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
You should become an EZA sponsor to get your podcast out there!
How much does that cost?
This is no joke. You need to do that to get clicks.
My focus isnt on clicks. Again this is going to be very low budget stuff. Mostly just me giving my opinions on the industry / Q and A with people yo get their thoughts out there as well. Hopefully a way for us all to learn from each other

I do not expect my channel to be all that popular tbh

Oct 27, 2017
No need to worry about that. This sort of shit being exactly what's so prevalent on YT is exactly why I'm doing this.

Again im not trying to get any "fame" off this or try to make money so I really dont care how many views these videos get. Its mostly just trying to provide some sort of thought out discussion in the platform

There wont be clickbait titles. The name of the main podcast is "The State of the Industry"
I figured as much. I remember you mention people making videos just simply looking the rankings and not understanding what they actually mean.

Think you also talked about how disappointing you find when Easy Allies talks NPD.

Jan 6, 2019
I figured as much. I remember you mention people making videos just simply looking the rankings and not understanding what they actually mean.

Think you also talked about how disappointing you find when Easy Allies talks NPD.
I like EZA's personalities, but they really aren't kidding about how little research they do before their podcasts, and it shows.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing it here really appreciate it

Looking forward to what's to come everyone and hopefully we can turn this project into something cool and of value

Cheers!
Nice. Good luck to you! You already sound mad at the responses that haven’t even come in yet. Lol.

So I totally get not leaking any numbers from NPD, but what about numbers that other posters leak? Will you ignore that they’re out there? Directly reference where they came from to make clear it’s not from you? Or speak in your own way about what the numbers are (percentages, as you said)?

Benji

US Sales Insider
Oct 25, 2017
Lol nice
Nice. Good luck to you! You already sound mad at the responses that haven’t even come in yet. Lol.

So I totally get not leaking any numbers from NPD, but what about numbers that other posters leak? Will you ignore that they’re out there? Directly reference where they came from to make clear it’s not from you? Or speak in your own way about what the numbers are (percentages, as you said)?
Oh I'm not mad at all. That's just my normal tone and cadence when I talk in general. I'm in a really great head space mentally

In regards to NPD info im not discussing their numerical data in any way whether it leaks or not. Again something that's really important to the conversation such as percentages or something may come up but I have no interest or desire on putting their subscriber info public.

Oct 26, 2017
https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/19/february-2019-npd-anthem-and-jump-force-tops-software-sales/

“Anthem was the best-selling game of February 2019, and it is now the second best-selling game of 2019,” said Piscatella. “Anthem represents the second-highest launch month sales ever recorded for a BioWare developed game, trailing only the March 2012 release of Mass Effect 3.”
“Kingdom Hearts III ranked as the third best-selling game of February, and maintains its number one selling position year to date,” said Piscatella.”Over its first two months in market, Kingdom Hearts III remains the fastest selling game in franchise history, exceeding the time-aligned sales of Kingdom Hearts II by over 80 percent.”

Mar 18, 2019
Number one means nothing.

Less sales than ME3 at launch is bad, particularly because at the time pre-order were still a relatively a not so common thing.

Second best launch of 2019 is very very bad, to this point of the year it had the biggest marketing and really no competitors at its level.