• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 17, 2019
[NSW] 270K
[PS4] 220K
[XB1] 80K

Switch will remain on top, PS4 on steady course, although with some drop in sales YOY. Regarding X1, this year sales will fall sharply ( even with price-cut, anyway, X1 is always on sale ).

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Tax returns is going to be interesting to see how it affects sales. I owe money, I've never owed money before. Coworker got $0 back. I know I don't plan on buying anything game related outside of Yoshi until June. Shits fucked up.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I don't doubt Switch will take #1 spot comfortably, but I'm more interested in seeing how XBox One/PS4 performed as Feburary actually had some of the biggest releases in H1, if Anthem/Metro/Jump Force/Far Cry together couldn't move hardware sales then this year looked to be the worst in recent memory....

Anthem should be the best selling title of Feb but can it sell enough to meet EA's sales target of 5-6m globally before end of March?

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
I see lot of people betting on Tax Returns, but arent this year TR lower that last year after the tax adjustment by Republicans last year?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I see lot of people betting on Tax Returns, but arent this year TR lower that last year after the tax adjustment by Republicans last year?

Yep. My tax guy told me it was something about changes in the withholding tables. Like, technically we get tax cuts but it didn't actually make a difference in terms of what we pay in taxes.

Unless you're a billionaire. Then yay, you get to keep an extra million or so, good for you!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly some of you are very close to what the actual numbers are gonna be

I'm pretty impressed. Should be a close month in terms of prediction winners among a few of you

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
[NSW] 310K
[PS4] 250K
[XB1] 175K

As for software, I think Anthem will be on top, and Crackdown 3 be in the top 5.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
But the wealth will trickle down!!!!
images

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never had kids so I could buy all the video games instead. Probably a terrible mistake. Well, not the not having kids part. Still very happy with that choice.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
So what's up with the tax refunds this year?
Is it related to the government shutdown?

*confused world citizen*

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So what's up with the tax refunds this year?
Is it related to the government shutdown?

*confused world citizen*

Trump's "tax cuts" that were passed in 2017 were put into effect last year, changing what most people owe and got taken out of each paycheck. End result, millionaires and billionaires (and corporations) got heavy tax cuts, most normal people wound up with smaller tax refunds/needing to owe money.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Trump's "tax cuts" that were passed in 2017 were put into effect last year, changing what most people owe and got taken out of each paycheck. End result, millionaires and billionaires (and corporations) got heavy tax cuts, most normal people wound up with smaller tax refunds/needing to owe money.

Did people have to pay less taxes during the year or the same?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Did people have to pay less taxes during the year or the same?

That's what I'm not quite sure of. I'm not a tax expert, but my tax guy said there were changes in the withholding tables which means there are automatic changes in how much gets taken out of each paycheck. I have no idea if that amount made up for the lowered refund or not.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I'm jealous that you lot can get tax refund at the time when I usually receive letters from HMRC telling me I still own hundreds of pounds of tax.. >.<

there's nothing wrong with HMRC's tax calculations and obviously I should pay but the feeling...... .

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Benji In the UK, Anthem saw a 71% drop in its second week, which is very steep for a non-JRPG releasing on a Friday. Have you also seen similar steep drops in the second week in the US, or does the drop seem better than it was in the UK?