• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Ahh that wholesome subtle MDK homophobia
I mean at least this is debatable

Unlike when he first got Twitter and was using alllll the F slurs
I guess we are at the carnival of stupid stage where people post that having Charlotte win is good for business because of the heat!

CCK should become a sea stable with Captain Thatcher as the old bad ass sea captain, Brookes as the Kraken and Gresham as the sea monster!

Kid Lykos could be the sea captain assistant that always mess up or something Flammable D
When I win a billion dollars you and BritishMonsoon are getting the book

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit you really corrected course.
This works for me carry on your 2003 retelling for younger marks.

It was a better time when instead of star ratings and match quality we worried about if someone was going to end Hunter's engaging reign as champion, a title he gave his blood and sweat for to earn when he valiantly and bravely got handed the title by Eric Bischoff.

It was compelling.

Good guys fell time after time, reminding us the truth that babyfaces just don't sell tickets, monster heels beating everyone clean do.

It worked for Bliss now let's do it harder and more intense with Charlotte

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If by amazing you mean something that could accelerate the decline of WWE then yes, Charlotte to win at WM!

Why are you so against the time when wrestling was at its very peak?

I don't get it.

Don't you want compelling storylines like pinning Goldberg with a sledgehammer and feuding with HBK for a year.... Becky is perfect for that HBK spot..
She'll win, just she'll win later and lose of course that's part of the great 03 booking.

Bring back my stories I say

It was a better time when instead of star ratings and match quality we worried about if someone was going to end Hunter's engaging reign as champion, a title he gave his blood and sweat for to earn when he valiantly and bravely got handed the title by Eric Bischoff.

It was compelling.

Good guys fell time after time, reminding us the truth that babyfaces just don't sell tickets, monster heels beating everyone clean do.

It worked for Bliss now let's do it harder and more intense with Charlotte
Really no "A tale of two cities" reference to start that?

This thread is not bumping for the business, there is no psychology in the words today.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
DzcKBtLWsAEGHar.jpg:large
What's in the water in Britain that makes their wrestlers dress like Holywood Undead is still in vogue?

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight!

Friday, 2/15

Impact Wrestling: Uncaged (10:00 pm Eastern (?), live from Mexico City on Pursuit and Twitch)
-Impact World Championship match: Johnny Impact (c) vs. Brian Cage vs. Killer Kross vs. Moose
-Impact Knockouts Championship Street Fight: Taya Valkyrie (c) vs. Tessa Blanchard
-Impact Wrestling World Cup: Team AAA (Psycho Clown, Aerostar, El Hijo del Vikingo, and Puma King) vs. Team Impact! (Eli Drake, Eddie Edwards, Fallah Bah, and Sami Callihan)
-Ethan Page vs. WIllie Mack

ICW New York: Party & Bullshit (8:00 pm Eastern, live from Queens, NY on IndyWrestling.tv, which you can access free with a new account for 20 days using code BTSPOD)
-Nick Gage vs. Scott Steiner
-Independent Wrestling Championship match: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Chris Dickinson
-Jimmy Lloyd vs. Teddy Hart
-Sanchez vs. Facade vs. Kyle the Beast vs. Eli Everfly
-Maria Manic vs. Penelope Ford
-Grim Reefer vs. Tony Deppen
-Jungle Boy vs. Azrieal

Evolve 121 (8:00 pm Eastern, live from Atlanta, GA on Fite.TV and Club WWN)
-Evolve Championship match: Austin Theory (c) vs. Darby Allin
-Adam Cole vs. Shane Strickland
-Evolve Tag Team Championship match: Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) (c) vs. DJZ & AR Fox w/Ayla Fox
-Anthony Henry vs. Eddie Kingston
-Shine Nova Championship match: Aja Perera vs. Priscilla Kelly
-The Skulk Scramble Match: Leon Ruff vs. Adrian Alanis vs. Liam Grey vs. ???
-Josh Briggs vs. Curt Stallion
-JD Drake vs. Harlem Bravado

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Tonight!

Friday, 2/15

Impact Wrestling: Uncaged (10:00 pm Eastern (?), live from Mexico City on Pursuit and Twitch)
-Impact World Championship match: Johnny Impact (c) vs. Brian Cage vs. Killer Kross vs. Moose
-Impact Knockouts Championship Street Fight: Taya Valkyrie (c) vs. Tessa Blanchard
-Impact Wrestling World Cup: Team AAA (Psycho Clown, Aerostar, El Hijo del Vikingo, and Puma King) vs. Team Impact! (Eli Drake, Eddie Edwards, Fallah Bah, and Sami Callihan)
-Ethan Page vs. WIllie Mack

ICW New York: Party & Bullshit (8:00 pm Eastern, live from Queens, NY on IndyWrestling.tv, which you can access free with a new account for 20 days using code BTSPOD)
-Nick Gage vs. Scott Steiner
-Independent Wrestling Championship match: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Chris Dickinson
-Jimmy Lloyd vs. Teddy Hart
-Sanchez vs. Facade vs. Kyle the Beast vs. Eli Everfly
-Maria Manic vs. Penelope Ford
-Grim Reefer vs. Tony Deppen
-Jungle Boy vs. Azrieal

Evolve 121 (8:00 pm Eastern, live from Atlanta, GA on Fite.TV and Club WWN)
-Evolve Championship match: Austin Theory (c) vs. Darby Allin
-Adam Cole vs. Shane Strickland
-Evolve Tag Team Championship match: Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) (c) vs. DJZ & AR Fox w/Ayla Fox
-Anthony Henry vs. Eddie Kingston
-Shine Nova Championship match: Aja Perera vs. Priscilla Kelly
-The Skulk Scramble Match: Leon Ruff vs. Adrian Alanis vs. Liam Grey vs. ???
-Josh Briggs vs. Curt Stallion
-JD Drake vs. Harlem Bravado

Also CMLL has their weekly Arena Mexico show. Kind of a blah lineup though.

Dzd5B-CUUAI4qsH.jpg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
AAA's English commentary team for this Saturday:

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
First half of RPW High Stakes has been hit or miss. Whitewolf vs Besties is probably best match so far, even beating out CCK vs Aussie Open which was good but didn't quite compare to their first match, mainly due to CCK heel tactics but still defo entertaining. Fuck Bodom.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Ospreay's sus mate handing out wristbands on the door is a good first impression
Followed by Bodom out first
Boston doing dull basic offence to no reaction gives me hope for the rev pro crowds yet
Higher concentration of bullet club shirts than I've seen in a few shows, if I had to guess I'd say the crowd vibe is ring of honour circa 1 year ago
Angelico did 2 flips and one slingshot to the outside, beating his previous York Hall total of 0 flips and 0 dives
Bodom caught him coming back into the ring off an interference spot, this was dogshit, literally 0 interesting features

Whitewolf vs Besties was FnP
Started off with some nice solid wrestling, nothing to write home about but fine and they're second on the card
A lot more spotty sprinty stuff down the stretch was was good even if both are a bit rough
Not one to go out of your way for but worth watching if you're watching the show
Sha and Bodom out for a beat down after white wolf win, and generic promo about how hey all of you and management, everything is going to change (pretty much verbatim) 😴😴😴

Bea vs Zoe man I hope this doesn't suck
Well ignoring the finish, which I'll get to, this was the best Zoe Lucas match I've seen and didn't die a complete death (until the finish)
There was more noise than the Bodom match, but also a constant loud chatting amongst themselves and going to the bar from the crowd
There's a viciousness to every Bea Priestly match I've seen that I appreciate. Part of it is her being stiff af, but my head canon is just that everyone shoot hates her. As much of a shit Priestley is as far as we know, I'd actually be totally fine with Bea winning the title and being the ace of the division, I think her having a fucking fight on every York Hall show would do wonders for the division.
Zoe hit the weakest slaps I've seen since the attitude era, and I still hate her feather light corner kick, but she hit a damn good PK so 🤷‍♂️
Zoe botches the feet on the ropes finish and Roberts somehow counts to 4, and the girls get out of there sharpish while the crowd laugh and grumble. Let's call it less of a failure than intended.

CCK vs Aussie Open let's gooooooooooo
Everyone is booing the time announcements for some reason
We've been doing comedy for 5 minutes (plus a couple before the bell), which I'm fine with but there are already a couple people in the crowd getting restless and yelling boring and minus 5 stars
Gresham is such a fun little shithead
Gresh doing staplegun shots behind the refs back then doing Zandig pose is a plus
They've fought into the crowd, we're 15 minutes in and not really got going yet
CCK now working over Kyle in the ring with Dunk by the merch somewhere dead, this hot tag should be good
Kyle fighting back and Davis coming back got pops
I think the problem is people expected a banger, CCK are playing Uber heels and the cck fans in the audience ain't playing along, so it's just a bunch of disappointed people
Ending stretch was good, then Fletcher reverses Gresham, gets rolled up, Roberts takes 5 seconds at least to get back in the ring from dealing with Brookes and counts 3. Great start for your #1 contenders we already have no reason to believe can beat Suzuki-gun the second time round.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Mark Henry, I think they have a network documentary of sorts coming up for him next week, could be interesting.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Henry's story in wrestling is kinda amazing. He always loved wrestling; got into strongman comp and won then went on Oprah and talked about how he loved to watch wrestling and gets a call from WWF. Get's an insane contract for like 10 year guarantee. WWF shorty found out that he's very terrible in the ring and proceed to put him in ridiculous story lines with the hopes of him quit out of embarrassment. But dude never quit, he loved wrestling too much and kept on going. FINALLY won the world championship in 2011 by destroying everyone with his hall of pain gimmick. Was over even increased ratings for Smackdown.... Then he got hurt... :/
I will definitely check out that documentary. Always loved Henry.

Obligatory, fan reaction to Henry beating Orton for the World title.

giphy.gif

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Beyond's bringing in Masato Tanaka for the first episode of their new streaming weekly show. Indie wrestling doesn't have the quality of a few years ago but its still fun.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
How is this promotion? I see this on our cable network but we don't get the channel
I enjoy it. It's an easy hour of wrestling to watch on a weekly basis, and they showcase some guys that you don't otherwise see in other major U.S. promotions (LA Park, Teddy Hart, Tom Lawlor, and a good amount of lucha talent).

Plus, it's fun to have Tony Schiavone on commentary again.

Their upcoming card for their Chicago show in March looks good too.

DzZiz3BXQAEtpJ0.jpg:small

DzY1rY5XcAA7jhg.jpg:small

DzZiv6GXQAEQH5s.jpg:small

DzdTStxWsAkWuRY.jpg:small

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Surprise MJF to open up the second half, doing all the UK stereotype greatest hits as I'd expect
Called out El Phantasmo like we knew this match was announced, did I just miss it?
The crowd booing time announcements is another tick in the "rev pro crowds suck" column
Loads of MJF shtick combined with ELP doing dope ELP things means the crowd are popping big and behind ELP. A really good reset for a show that badly needed one.

Sabian vs MK really felt like an opener, and went way too long for a match that felt like that. It's a shame, I've liked these guys when I've seen them before (excluding the first time I saw MK years ago, but since his comeback I've liked what I've seen). TBF this match was super last minute, but still.

Pop for just the announcement that it was main event time was roof raising, which could suggest the reason for some of the crowd disinterest...
Been announced as champion vs champion, I assume that doesn't actually mean the titles are on the line, but still really reminds you of the likelihood of a fuuucky finish
Heroes welcome for Billy as usual
It's been 20 and I'm convinced it's going the full 30
Never mind Roberts is down
Ospreay gets PAC down for the death elbow, CCK run out and beat down Ospreay. Try to go after PAC's title and they take CCK down together
Aussies run down to get rid of CCK and we're back at it with less than 5 to go
PAC hits Ospreay with a low blow to try get DQd with 30s remaining. Roberts refuses to DQ. PAC goes up for the red arrow, realises there's 10 left and slowly climbs down like a bastard.
It's a shame Ospreay is so determined to blow right through even "problematic fave" territory to just bellened, because I'm pretty sure he'd be my favourite wrestler. He certainly has been before. He is incredible. This was really good until the shenanigans, which we had to expect.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Surprise MJF to open up the second half, doing all the UK stereotype greatest hits as I'd expect
Called out El Phantasmo like we knew this match was announced, did I just miss it?
The crowd booing time announcements is another tick in the "rev pro crowds suck" column
Loads of MJF shtick combined with ELP doing dope ELP things means the crowd are popping big and behind ELP. A really good reset for a show that badly needed one.

Sabian vs MK really felt like an opener, and went way too long for a match that felt like that. It's a shame, I've liked these guys when I've seen them before (excluding the first time I saw MK years ago, but since his comeback I've liked what I've seen). TBF this match was super last minute, but still.

Pop for just the announcement that it was main event time was roof raising, which could suggest the reason for some of the crowd disinterest...
Been announced as champion vs champion, I assume that doesn't actually mean the titles are on the line, but still really reminds you of the likelihood of a fuuucky finish
Ospreay gets PAC down for the death elbow, CCK run out and beat down Ospreay. Try to go after PAC's title and they take CCK down together
PAC hits Ospreay with a low blow to try get DQd with 30s remaining. Roberts refuses to DQ. PAC goes up for the red arrow, realises there's 10 left and slowly climbs down like a bastard.
It's a shame Ospreay is so determined to blow right through even "problematic fave" territory to just bellened, because I'm pretty sure he'd be my favourite wrestler. He certainly has been before. He is incredible. This was really good until the shenanigans, which we had to expect.
Yeah, MJF vs El Phantasmo was announced, I think earlier this week.

Glad to hear the main event seems to have delivered and fully agree with your assessment of Ospreay.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I'm very interested in how Walter vs PAC will end

PAC can't lose and WALTER is a heel. It's gonna be hella interesting.

Fuck the revpro crowd btw.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Kairi should be women's champion right now. She can easily generate a ton of positive press for WWE if they featured her.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Defiant's IPPV Unstoppable.

Good stuff. Been dipping my toes in this promotion for awhile now and think I'm going to continue to keep an eye on them. Some good stuff in the euro indies even after the wwe has been gutting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.