• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Which lucha is this and how fucked are they?
Warning horrifying knee injury. Bends the wrong way super far.

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They had 3 matches in 6 months.

Also Gargano's story continued while Ciampa was out so that counts, the injury still counts as time.

They had a good amount of time to tell the Gargano slays his Demons and wins the big one... and instead they turned him heel, and now we're done.

That's.... not how time works

It was impossible for him to feud with Ciampa when Ciampa was not around

And they only had three matches because of the Aleister injury. They clearly had a different part of the story they had to tell due to that.

But even then, you're being obtuse about it. At best you can say the feud in earnest started at Takeover Philly. So it's been one year. That's it. Any more and you're just retrofitting stuff to fit your level of bother by the whole thing.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Philly
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Boston

These are the cities where Raw will take place over the next five weeks, but they just had to debut those guys in fucking Lafayette Louisiana

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Philly
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Boston

These are the cities where Raw will take place over the next five weeks, but they just had to debut those guys in fucking Lafayette Louisiana

If they didn't do it tonight, they really couldn't do it the next two weeks, because they have a PPV to build and had to dedicate a majority of the show to these guys tonight to debut them all.

So then you're debuting them after Fastlane, and arguably too close to WM (which you could already argue tonight was too close).

So really it's just a consequence of shitty scheduling. Honestly they just shouldn't run TV in the city at all.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Dzw9npaUwAAunsP.jpg:small

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently that horrifying knee injury is Angel Azteca Jr but not the one from CMLL. Man they are having a ton of injuries south of the border these past two months.

Full article here. Quote below

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2019/02/12/puebla-results-angel-azteca-injury/
the Cubs fan site article said:
Angel Azteca Jr. suffered a horrific looking knee injury over the weekend in Torreon, and footage of the injury went viral over the last couple of days. Video is embedded in that article. (This is not the Angel Azteca Jr. who was in CMLL, though that guy is still around from time to time.) It's a worse looking version of what happened to Flyer as far as getting his leg caught in the ropes. Instead of being tossed over, he was going for a Brillo Dorado and slipped enough that his leg trapped and yanked by the reports. It looks like Azteca broke his leg, but the report in the article is it is initially is believed to "only" be ligament damage, with an MRI coming to check for a fracture.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Woke up to confirmation of Orange Cassidy vs. Ricochet at EVOLVE next month.

ONCE.IN.A.LIFETIME.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't Meltzer understand that Steph and HHH aren't clearly heels or faces yet? It's not hard to follow that we aren't supposed to know if HHH and Steph are on Becky's side yet.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
That's.... not how time works

It was impossible for him to feud with Ciampa when Ciampa was not around

And they only had three matches because of the Aleister injury. They clearly had a different part of the story they had to tell due to that.

But even then, you're being obtuse about it. At best you can say the feud in earnest started at Takeover Philly. So it's been one year. That's it. Any more and you're just retrofitting stuff to fit your level of bother by the whole thing.

I'm also talking the larger Gargano story.

Anyway my point is there was time to tell the complete Gargano story and be done before now

And now all of it is basically for nothing

All the other NXT main eventers were sacrificed for a story whose conclusion is going to be rushed or non existent.

I mean Gargano is not getting that big, finally he wins the big one title match.

The heel turn is the only reason this story isn't over.

I was against it from the start, I said it was unnecessary and now I'm absolutely right

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Time to read the raw results...

gEUZO.gif

Well, I hope NXT has a plan for all this.

Apply the same gif to the sheetz reporting lacey related pushes

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also talking the larger Gargano story.

Anyway my point is there was time to tell the complete Gargano story and be done before now

And now all of it is basically for nothing

All the other NXT main eventers were sacrificed for a story whose conclusion is going to be rushed or non existent.

I mean Gargano is not getting that big, finally he wins the big one title match.

The heel turn is the only reason this story isn't over.

I was against it from the start, I said it was unnecessary and now I'm absolutely right

No, you're not.

The move was a good one. And given time they were working it well. They just fell victim to the circumstances.

Again, you judge by process, not results.

You are basically blaming them for not rushing the story they wanted to tell (a story that the crowds were obviously into), which is ridiculous.

And you can't separate out "the Gargano story" from the Ciampa feud because they are one in the same. Gargano was basically in a holding pattern until Ciampa got back, so they could only really begin the feud in earnest then.

So you're saying "don't plan your stories a year out because you might get scooped" which is a terrible booking strategy.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To me the Gargano and Ciampa storyline went downhill after they started to team up again in NXT. After everything that they lived it would have looked stupid that some of them betrayed the other without the victim being fully aware than that was a possibility.

Actually, those 2 teaming up and giving the team more time to build up the betrayal seems like a great move to me. The thing that ruins this whole thing to me is that isn't clear if they are heels, or if they are following their characters from NXT at all

Gun

Oct 27, 2017

Says as of a week ago there was no deal for Batista and that Batista has no interest in AEW.
I really don't get it.
WWE loves a part timer and a movie star, and he is both of this things. And a few months ago he was almost begging to have a final match in WWE
But looks like the company don't want him back

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get it.
WWE loves a part timer and a movie star, and he is both of this things. And a few months ago he was almost begging to have a final match in WWE
But looks like the company don't want him back

He said they are talking to Batista. Just no deal is done.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What is everyone's first memory of watching wrestling?

For me, in the early to mid 90s my dad won a surfing competition and one of his prizes was renting 5 VHS tapes a week from our local rental place. Since he was a real person who actually left the house I basically got to use the rentals for whatever I wanted. Amidst binging Star Trek I rented every WWF and WCW tape the store had. I can't remember the specific shows or anything, but it was all really early Hogan stuff, as far as WWF went.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
My first memory was maybe 96' or 97'. My grandparents used to have a beach house and I remember watching it with my cousins and my grandfather. I couldn't even tell you what show it was but all I know my interest was peaked.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So I have a confession to make ResetERA.

...I tuned into Brennan William's twitch stream last night since Adam Cole was on it. It was absolutely horrendous in every single way and Cole looked legitimately uncomfortable by the end of it.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017

For me, in the early to mid 90s my dad won a surfing competition and one of his prizes was renting 5 VHS tapes a week from our local rental place. Since he was a real person who actually left the house I basically got to use the rentals for whatever I wanted. Amidst binging Star Trek I rented every WWF and WCW tape the store had. I can't remember the specific shows or anything, but it was all really early Hogan stuff, as far as WWF went.

It was either One Man Gang on Saturday Night's Main Event from my dad's one tape that had one show on it or it was Macho Man getting bit by Jake's cobra. Not sure which came first.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017

Survivor Series '89. Nothing spectacular about the show itself except Arn Anderson does the best spinebuster ever performed ever on HBK. But it's the first wrestling show I ever remember seeing.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Some shitty Ultimate Warrior 10 second squash, sadly

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I remember seeing old British wrestling on my Grandparent's black and white telly, but I must've been very young as British wrestling was off the air by '88. Few years later I watched highlights of Vader vs Sting on WCW World Wide and pestered my dad until he bought me the Great American Bash '92 tape, was hooked from there on out.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The move was a good one. And given time they were working it well. They just fell victim to the circumstances.

Again, you judge by process, not results.

Nah... the end road for Gargano was finally becoming NXT Champion.

They had a path to that that would have been just as, and frankly more, satisfying, that could have wrapped up by now... but they decided to push everyone else to the side and now we're getting nothing. The Gargano heel turn is the only reason this story got extended.

DIY had been in NXT for years, the longer guys are there, the more likely they are to just get called up.

It was a risk to try an 18 month+ (closer to 24 month frankly if you include Gargano's story while Ciampa was out... and I goshdarn do). Especially when you had a path to your endgame while Gargano was the biggest, most beloved, babyface.

Now they have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The woman tag stuff is like WWE is trying to up themselves to see if they can kill a belt in the fastest time possible

Oct 25, 2017

Road Warriors putting out Dusty Rhodes' eye. 1988!

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Readying about RAW and the call ups.

So many mistakes already but first of which is if I was calling up DIY I would have kept both of them on different brands
They don't need another Owens / Zayn best buds to bitter rivals thing yet which is all keeping them toghter is getting up.

"The moody" Alester black is hilarious and debuting against a comedy act is just "chiefs kiss".

Ricochet just needs to do floppy shit. He was always going to be in that Nevil spot.

If I was in NXT and getting paid well enough I would hope to stay there doe as long as possible in Hope's of maybe Vince finally taking a step back

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

Summerslam 1988.

My overriding memory is Rick Rude's entrance for his match with JYD. The Stripper music hits, Howard Finkel's voice introduces him as he swaggers to the ring with Heenan. He does one of his inner city sweathog promos, my father cackles with laughter (rude being his favourite wrestler ever), and he takes off his robe to reveal a JYD picture on his trousers, with JYD's face on his crotch. My dad laughed even louder. Rude & JYD seemed larger then life to me and I thought it was great.

I remember very little else of the PPV. I know the main event was one of the things that led to the Jealous Eyes promo, but all that really stuck with me was that Rude promo, music, and Fink's voice before it. I guess it was because of Rude's presence and charisma, and Fink's distinctive voice, because I wasn't old enough to really understand how Rude was insulting JYD or Roberts.

I look back on it now and understand why my dad was laughing so much, and with a great appreciation of how incredibly good Rick Rude was at promos and the effortless way he seemed to carry himself. And Fink is still my favourite ring announcer ever. Influence wise I guess it made me pay more attention to the guys who tended to cut promos, and laid the groundwork for me cheering Shawn over Marty when he threw him into the barbershop window. And it made me a lifelong Rick Rude fan of course.

TL;DR, Rick Rude made me a wrestling fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.