• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Joker is a plague on NXT and wrestling

Dz2xgOxVAAERouQ

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
watching the baba memorial main event... sekimoto feels like the biggest star in the ring. getting the loudest reactions for sure lol

sounds like japan just wants to cheer for a big buff fucker

i like this miyahara kid too

OH SHIT JOHNNY ACE

STEAMBOAT

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see Cody has mastered the NXT vignette style for the Over Budget Battle Royale competitors.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Baba Memorial was worth it if only to see Cien Caras and Mil Mascaras bump at a combined age of 147 years. They still got it too.

Just amazing

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Hah, at the end of the Baba show broadcast Mutoh and Kobashi were on commentary, and Mutoh invited Kobashi to one of his upcoming Pro-Wrestling Masters shows, which Kobashi laughed off and respectfully declined.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Takeshita/Sasaki takes a really long time to get going but as soon as it does it rules until the end. Jeeeezus
Yeah, I'm not normally against long matches but this one really could have lost 5+ minutes in the beginning. Still an amazing match.

I guess I need to watch the rest of the GCW show at some point, I only watched the last three matches which were all really good.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Feels almost like we are headed towards

A WM weekend where Gargano and Ciampa have a blood feud fight at Takeover and then team together for the Tag Titles two days later at WM

Nah. Street Profits are good. Aichner and Barthel are great. They've got like five or six good teams, which for that division is pretty healthy.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That Baba show was real fun, love a nice varied show like that. The Abdullah ceremony went a bit long but the Hansen pop made it all worth it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
After watching NXT I thought "wasn't there an announcement going to happen?" Until I realized on reddit it was the Dusty Tag Tournament, lol. Speaking of underwhelming.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
That tournament only really meant anything the first time they did it, it's gotten more "meh" each time after.

lol someone's already filled it out on the Wiki entry for it.

Oct 25, 2017
*NXT spoilers come out*

"Wow. NXT is really actually bad"

*NXT actually airs*

"Wow. NXT is good. Who knew?"

The cycle continues

Oct 25, 2017
This time it's actually pretty bad

I'm sure people thought that about previous times also. I just don't think judging something based on names and results you read off a piece of paper works because it takes out context about match quality and any story they tell in those episodes. Maybe you're right and it is bad. We still can't know that for sure until after it airs, and I have a lot of good will towards NXT still so I'm willing to wait till I actually see it (And I know you're way more down on the Gargano/Ciampa story so this is probably where we differ

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
After the segment on NXT just last week with a bunch of tag teams getting up in each others grill...

it sucks that most of them didn't even get past round 1 of the dusty classic, the one that does is the only one of them that kinda stink.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure people thought that about previous times also. I just don't think judging something based on names and results you read off a piece of paper works because it takes out context about match quality and any story they tell in those episodes. Maybe you're right and it is bad. We still can't know that for sure until after it airs, and I have a lot of good will towards NXT still so I'm willing to wait till I actually see it (And I know you're way more down on the Gargano/Ciampa story so this is probably where we differ

Yeah Gargano immediately loses NA title, tags as total baby faces on Raw with Ciampa, then enters meaningless Dusty Classic, loses in semis, and only turns on Ciampa to earn a main event title shot because Ciampa tried to turn on him first, which kills the interesting idea that Ciampa did actually still care about Gargano... is hardly the dream payoff to a near 24 month story, that included a now very pointless heel turn. Even if he wins in New York... he's gonna what instantly vacate? And all this while they'll still be a team on Raw.

Add in the Forgotten fucking Sons will now probably be on TakeOver. Lol.

Mustache Mountain and TUE jobbed out. Adam Cole wins a singles match and still ends up getting beaten down.

They've literally done fuck nothing with Cole in the past year it's nuts

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iizuka's retirement was fun, he reconciled with Tenzan before predictably biting his head, got to beat up Nogami one last time, went on a rampage through the crowd while Suzuki rang the 10 bell salute and then the audience wouldn't leave, chanting his name for a good 5 minutes post-match. Oh, and Taichi took the Iron Fingers gimmick with him...

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Iizuka's retirement was fun, he reconciled with Tenzan before predictably biting his head, got to beat up Nogami one last time, went on a rampage through the crowd while Suzuki rang the 10 bell salute and then the audience wouldn't leave, chanting his name for a good 5 minutes post-match. Oh, and Taichi took the Iron Fingers gimmick with him...

Hahahaha

So they let him retire as Suzuki-gun

Interesting

And yes The Ironhand Lord Taichi sounds great

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Gargano immediately loses NA title, tags as total baby faces on Raw with Ciampa, then enters meaningless Dusty Classic, loses in semis, and only turns on Ciampa to earn a main event title shot because Ciampa tried to turn on him first, which kills the interesting idea that Ciampa did actually still care about Gargano... is hardly the dream payoff to a near 24 month story, that included a now very pointless heel turn. Even if he wins in New York... he's gonna what instantly vacate? And all this while they'll still be a team on Raw.

Add in the Forgotten fucking Sons will now probably be on TakeOver. Lol.

Mustache Mountain and TUE jobbed out. Adam Cole wins a singles match and still ends up getting beaten down.

They've literally done fuck nothing with Cole in the past year it's nuts
If HHH wanted the whole story to have a good payoff he shouldn't have tried to book a legendary multiyear feud in a WWE developmental promotion. I can't even blame Vince this time.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If HHH wanted the whole story to have a good payoff he shouldn't have tried to book a legendary multiyear feud in a WWE developmental promotion. I can't even blame Vince this time.

That's what I've been saying yeah.

And if you consider I assume Gargano was supposed to have a decent run with the title... from breakup to end of Gargano's reign it would have been 30+ months.

That's just from the breakup

The whole DIY as a team is practically part of this story too

DIY debuted in NXT as a team in September 2015.

Trying to do a 30 month story with guys who were already nearly 2 years into their NXT run is a huge risk

And well here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.