• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder, RWF13 is a week away!
2HEE82J.png

RWF13: Faction War Games
Date:
Thursday, February 28th, 2019
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central/1:00AM London
Where: Live from the EraDome on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1551402000z2.png

RWF's second event of 2019 closes out the month of February with a long overdue wrestler's debut, a couple of championship matches, and a little bit of fighting between RWF stables. RWF13 is all about continuing some of the storylines established from the previous event and setting the stage for upcoming events as the RWF contendership ladders begin to take form again.

Singles Match
Brian_FETO vs 31GhostsIV
Twin Peaks aficionado 31GhostsIV debuts in the EraDome, taking on the Million Post Man Brian_FETO in singles competition to open the show. Will 31GhostsIV join the ranks of the undefeated and become RWF's next Goldberg? Or will the Million Post Man promptly send or newest superstar to the bottom of the winning percentage list?

Tornado Tag Team #1 Contender Match
G-Generation X (BiggestGeekEver & Menome) vs The JIF (Zach & Dental Plan)
Following their defeat at RWF12 the JIF were livid at the newly formed G-Generation X tag team as well as RWF management, blaming their loss on technical glitches occurring during their intro. Before the dust of RWF12 even settled the JIF attempted to go double or nothing in their rivalry with GX, requesting a rematch under tornado tag team rules and throwing in the stipulation that if the JIF were to lose again they would disband as a faction. RWF management decided to take this opportunity and throw additional stakes on the matter by stating that whomever wins this match will also face the RWF Tag Champs later that same night for the titles.

Singles Match
Heromanz vs excelsiorlef
Furious that he was kept off the books for RWF's return at RWF12, Heromanz was adamant that he return to action for RWF13. The RWF Chairman was happy to fulfill this request and booked Heromanz in a match against the newest member of The Authority, and the unofficial RWF King of Jobbers, excelsiorlef. Will Heroman be able to do the impossible and lose to excelsiorlef? We'll find out.

Singles Match
Pikma vs DMczaf
RWF's Top Shooter and man who's unable to figure out how to pin people DMCzaf returns to the ring for the first time since RWF10 to take on Pikma. A win by either of these superstars could propel them to #1 contender status as RWF management is supposedly high on both superstars in respect to title opportunities.

Main Event Part 1
RWF Tag Team Championship Match

[Winner of GX/JIF] versus The Authority (Beefy & Syder w/ Sephzilla) [c]
Faction warfare continues as the survivor of the GX/JIF war will take on The Authority, specifically the tag team known as Syde of Beef, in part one of our main event. By the time RWF13 starts, Beefy and Syder will have eclipsed Bronx-Man and Kornflayx 's record as the longest reigning RWF Tag Champions in history and will look to continue that reign going forward. However, the tag division could change forever if The Authority has one of their prized championships ripped from them by the rebellious JIF or the filthy GX.

Main Event Part 2
RWF B+ Championship Match

ZeBatsy vs Tall4Life [c]
Tall4Life, like his dear New England Patriots, dominated his championship match and regained the RWF B+ Championship. That same night, zeBatsy climbed to the top to become the new #1 contender for that same championship. If Tall4Life can retain the championship after this match, it will guarantee that he will surpass RBH for the most total days as RWF B+ Champion before RWF14 rolls around. However, zeBatsy already has a history of pulling upsets in championship matches (who doesn't remember the upset over Professor Beef for the RWF World Title at RWF9?) and a win at RWF13 would make zeBatsy only the second person in RWF history to win two of the three championships in the promotion. Will Tall4Life keep the B+ Championship within the ranks of NFLEra or will zeBatsy tell Tall4Life to GIVE UP?

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas looking good:

I enjoyed her a lot at eve

She is great at brawls. Her and KLR are my favorites womens brawlers.

Glad Addy is landing back on her feet

Have you watched the promotion she is wrestling at? They have a streaming services and wonder if it is worth a watch.

G-Raver is an overwhelmingly goth dork to the point where you don't want to like him. But dude can go, and I think he is the reason why those last two matches are so good. I would love to see a proper G-Raver/Jimmy Havoc deathmatch because those guys both have the same sort of corniness with quality underneath. Blackcraft Nerd Wrestling is running it mania weekend but, not to be outdone by Raver's colored contacts, the ropes are gonna be CHAINS!!! *crickets*

I expect Orin to at the very least be a staple of Chicago shows and he'll show up in their tournaments this year. Would be cool to see him get a first round match in TOS and then actually go further in NGI

G-Raver is my favorite of the GCW deathmatch crew. I appreciate his dedication to the craft, blood and satanism.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wXw's a bit up and down at the moment, but people should absolutely be checking out the WALTER vs Viet Muller match from Dead End. Breakout performance for Muller, for sure.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas looking good:

She is great at brawls. Her and KLR are my favorites womens brawlers.

Have you watched the promotion she is wrestling at? They have a streaming services and wonder if it is worth a watch.

G-Raver is my favorite of the GCW deathmatch crew. I appreciate his dedication to the craft, blood and satanism.

WWR is essentially Beyond if I remember right, which I've enjoyed what I've watched of. There's a TON of free content on the Beyond YouTube, or yeah there's independentwrestling.tv

The Maharaja

Oct 25, 2017
Tuesday's WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.269 million viewers for USA Network, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. The number was up from the 2.034 million count from last Tuesday's edition.

Powell's POV: It appears that the big week for Kofi Kingston combined with the NXT call-ups provided a small boost in the viewership numbers. Smackdown finished at the top of the cable ratings in the 18-49 demographic. The February 20, 2018 edition of Smackdown delivered 2.692 million viewers.
Smackdown's on the rise.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Hey so I just watched some gifs when I realized no one actually talked about it

Was WALTER/PAC good? I know that was the next "there can't be a real finish to this" match on the PAC dream tour

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hey so I just watched some gifs when I realized no one actually talked about it

Was WALTER/PAC good? I know that was the next "there can't be a real finish to this" match on the PAC dream tour
People seemed more positive about it than the RevPro match on Twitter at least?
PAC fucking up his finger probably actually adds to the match.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Dave Meltzer said on WOR last night that AEW TV deal news is positive. TV execs impressed by Double or Nothing sellout/buzz. Interest from networks that aren't currently in the lead for the deal but would "like to be in the lead".

Edit: Sounds like there's at least 3 suitors. Mailbag question was whether AEW could beat Raw ratings in Week 1. Frontrunner "not going to beat Raw". One of the others "maybe/whatever", another "no way". Dave said he's already said too much.
Imagine if they had booked a bigger arena and managed to get something like 20k people.

Not saying they would have but damn, that would have looked good in talks like that.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dave Meltzer said on WOR last night that AEW TV deal news is positive. TV execs impressed by Double or Nothing sellout/buzz. Interest from networks that aren't currently in the lead for the deal but would "like to be in the lead".

Edit: Sounds like there's at least 3 suitors. Mailbag question was whether AEW could beat Raw ratings in Week 1. Frontrunner "not going to beat Raw". One of the others "maybe/whatever", another "no way". Dave said he's already said too much.

Yea, its sounds like tbs maybe is not one of the major suitors like we thought

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know why they didn't book a 20k arena, the event is called double or nothing. Guess it's nothing then.

Also how are they streaming the show? Years of WWE network conditioned me to never pay more than $10 to watch wrestling online.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
People got to remember not to let their hype get out of control. Realistically, getting anywhere near RAW numbers is going to be unthinkable for the foreesable future.

AEW's ratings are probably going to start humble and then work their way up if theres good buzz. If its on a good network with a decent timeslot, that'll definitely help.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Between this new look and the promo she did, it seems like she's just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Which is fine, that's what NXT is for.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just realized that Gabe still hasn't announced anything for EVOLVE or the WWN Supershow, just over a month away. Good stuff TBH

"please HHH let me use Keith Lee and Ohno for the weekend"

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know why they didn't book a 20k arena, the event is called double or nothing. Guess it's nothing then.

Also how are they streaming the show? Years of WWE network conditioned me to never pay more than $10 to watch wrestling online.
Probably going to have to pay like thirty bucks or something.

Heres hoping they start following the WWE model by the time they land on a network and just go with a reasonably priced subscription model.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is my biggest fear with AEW events. If they go the All In route and charge 30+ dlls I will not pay for it. It is just too much. WWE, NJPW, DDT and may other stream site charging lees than 10 dlls and IPPVs usually being less than 15 changed the game.

People got to remember not to let their hype get out of control. Realistically, getting anywhere near RAW numbers is going to be unthinkable for the foreesable future.

AEW's ratings are probably going to start humble and then work their way up if theres good buzz. If its on a good network with a decent timeslot, that'll definitely help.

Yeah, and for that they need to be live. If the are taped I do not see them doing that good at the start. Live + a good channel + good time slot can probably get them more than TNA ever did.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
tattoo this match to the inside of my fucking eyelids i dont want to see anything else

Dz81DEDXgAAtuKq.jpg:large

takeda doesn't even need to hold belts anymore as long as he can keep using that promo pic

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Their original plan was to book the T-Mobile Arena, but they didn't do that due to the possibility of the Golden Knights having a home playoff game around that same time.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just realized that Gabe still hasn't announced anything for EVOLVE or the WWN Supershow, just over a month away. Good stuff TBH

"please HHH let me use Keith Lee and Ohno for the weekend"

Yeah I'm really curious who works the Evolve show. Supershow will probably be fine since it can rely heavily on the DDT and WXW rosters, both of which are bringing over solid rosters. But the Evolve show is really shaping up to just be a normal evolve show. Pretty much every available star is spoken for. I'm not even sure what Japanese wrestlers Evolve can get given the Champion Carnival and who is already coming over.

I'd bet Gabe is waiting so long to announce partially due to his experience last year. I felt like Evolve announced its matches and talent list much earlier than other promotions, and as a result their events really fell out of the public's attention quicker than other promotions' shows.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm really curious who works the Evolve show. Supershow will probably be fine since it can rely heavily on the DDT and WXW rosters, both of which are bringing over solid rosters. But the Evolve show is really shaping up to just be a normal evolve show. Pretty much every available star is spoken for. I'm not even sure what Japanese wrestlers Evolve can get given the Champion Carnival and who is already coming over.

I'd bet Gabe is waiting so long to announce partially due to his experience last year. I felt like Evolve announced its matches and talent list much earlier than other promotions, and as a result their events really fell out of the public's attention quicker than other promotions' shows.
Honestly I think he's just waiting for the ok to use NXT talent (specifically Ohno has been the obvious name to me this whole time). The fact that Ricochet just got pulled doesn't help.

Maybe once Takeover starts taking shape they'll have a better idea of who they can use or something

You know what would be a dope match? Kingston vs. Ohno. Damn.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, its sounds like tbs maybe is not one of the major suitors like we thought

My impression from what Meltzer said was that the strongest/most prestigious network in that group of 3-4 wasn't in the lead at this point but is maybe #2. The question was "can they get more viewers than Raw in week 1?" They wouldn't do that on TBS or TNT without maybe a NBA/MLB Playoffs lead-in or something.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the frontrunner is someone that is abit lower rung but willing to put them on at a good time for two hours on an ideal day.

That would be a nice dream scenario. No friday night 12AM death slot please.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
So Charlotte and Andrade are dating? Now him losing his last name makes sense. Make it easier for when they add the Flair to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.