• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Wait what?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
According to Dave, Impact's viewership on Pursuit is like 12,000 a week

Ouch

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Kenny Omega seems to be the coolest dude ever. I talked with him for 1 minute in a meet and greet and he shouted RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE after looking at my altered beast hat

Awww...

Yeah as a professionally trained actor with a degree in performing arts, I'd die to just get to talk to him about the acting process in wrestling

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised but not overly so at White winning. Said last night I could see them going all in with him now that Omega is out.

Match was pretty good but not great. I don't think White and Tanahashi have great chemistry. Finish felt flat but idk if that's what they were going for.

I'm willing to give it a shot.

Though I will say it would be super unlike modern NJPW if he drops it at MSG. It'd be two straight month-long reigns which would be really weird.

I think if anything it's just to fill in the time that Kenny was supposed to still be champ.. could see them going to Dominion though I suppose. We'll see what happens with the NJ Cup

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Kenny Omega seems to be the coolest dude ever. I talked with him for 1 minute in a meet and greet and he shouted RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE after looking at my altered beast hat
Forget these Destiny and Undertale entrances, when do we get Omega strutting down the ramp with the distinct gait of the Altered Beast Bear?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Whether this ship sails or sinks

These dudes are getting paid along the way

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
White did it!

I always believed in him, even when most were making fun of his look.

Industrial 90s NIN look forever!!!

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Tana/White was meh. White is the worst IWGP champ since I started watching. I get they want to have an english speaking wrestler be one of their top guys but he's not there at least not yet.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Securing those huge deals for unknown guys would be a good deal only if the elite is damn sure than these prospects are out of this world talents that need to be secured before the wwe looks at them.

Otherwise, it would be weird to give these good deals to those wrestlers, and more when you consider that they are probably paying the same for all the midcarders that have been announced so far

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the deal I'm convinced they can sell their big shows, I'm not convinced they;re gonna get meaningful TV ratings,

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
WWE sold a trash product with declining ratings for a billion+

People need to recalibrate what it means to be successful in 2019

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WWE sold a trash product with declining ratings for a billion+

People need to recalibrate what it means to be successful in 2019

There are no longer any logical predictors when it comes to success in televised entertainment.

You can be bad and successful and be good and be a failure.

We'll just have to wait and see. That's not very "hot take" friendly, but that is what it is.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
There are no longer any logical predictors when it comes to success in televised entertainment.

You can be bad and successful and be good and be a failure.

We'll just have to wait and see. That's not very "hot take" friendly, but that is what it is.

Is something really worth saying if you can't say "called it" in 8 months?

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

if this was posted I'm sorry I missed it but HAHAHAHAHA

IMAGINE

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Some great, some good, some bad all represented in this White/Tana match.

Can't wait for the "fall to knees" spot to spread to a Yujiro singles match.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious in which is the potential market for AEW. Some fans always claim that there is a huge market of former wrestling fans that dropped wrestling since 2002 that are waiting for an alternative, but I feel that those fans are done with wrestling as a whole, unless suddenly the industry becomes a cultural phenom like once was.

Then I don't how much of the actual fans who watch the weekly WWE shows want to see a new alternative or if they just watch the product for tradition.

With all things considered, I think that a 1.0 rating would be a huge success as long as their tv deal doesn't ask for better ratings than the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.