• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
N1hk04U.gif

I was asked to fill out this OP a bit, so here's how you can find and enjoy Vince Russo's THE BRAND:

https://russosbrand.com/
https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRxrTzSuEFLI3YEBjEzI22A
https://player.fm/series/vince-russos-the-brand-2140398

Let's celebrate the greatest writer in wrestle-ing history, bro!

vMluFqv.gif

Last edited:

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The only WrassleERA thread I'd even temporarily come out of retirement for

All the love and all the respect to my BFFs Anth0ny and Zach, the last true people, and extra kudos to Zach for properly using new forum features and exposing the ThreadMarks

I guess I love Bronson too even though he's a Coward

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
This is so close to being a good design but the body proportions don't look right at all, especially the legs

I can't draw but yeah

DA77C28A-B8F5-42A4-A39F-1E55640EC6B4.jpeg

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, no Terry Funkuary for you! :p

In wrestling there are legends, there are hall of famers, there are world champion and then there is Terry Funk. Few have done as much for the art of professional wrestling as the youngest son of Dory Funk, the legendary promoter of the Amarillo NWA territory and patriarch of The Funk Family. Along with his brother, Dory Funk Jr., Terry would embark upon a globe-trotting career that saw him pick up titles wherever he went. A former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion, Terry would become one of the most recognisable faces in American wrestling for 3 decades, a huge star in Japanese wrestling and one of the few 'gaijins' to become truly beloved by the Japanese crowds. What's more, he was at the forefront of the 'deathmatch' or 'hardcore' wrestling boom of the '90s, at a point when his contemporaries career's were winding down. A large factor in the early success of ECW, Terry would introduce many fans to a crazier side of pro-wrestling, full of blood and barbed wire. Across the pacific he competed in the famous Kawasaki Dream deathmatch tournament, and drew huge houses feuding with long-time rival Atsushi Onita. After his initial "retirement" in 1983, Terry has continued wrestling and though his matches today are few and far between, it seems The Funker's unable or unwilling to bring the roller-coaster of his career to a definitive stop. Here's a list of just some of his wrestling accolades, in chronological order;

. NWA World Tag Team Champion, 3x
. NWA Western States Tag Team Champion, 3x
. NWA Western States Heavyweight Champion, 10x
. NWA Florida Tag Team Champion
. NWA Florida Television Champion
. NWA Florida Southern Heavyweight Champion, 2x
. NWA International Tag Team Champion, 3x
. NWA Missouri Heavyweight Champion
. NWA Americas Heavyweight Champion
. NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion, 2x
. NWA International Heavyweight Champion, 2x
. NWA United States Heavyweight Champion
. NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion
. NWA Detroit Brass Knuckles Champion
. NWA Texas Brass Knuckles Champion
. NWA Georgia Tag Team Champion
. WCW Tag Team Champion
. NWA National Television Champion
. NWA Los Angeles World Tag Team Champion
. SWCW World Tag Team Champion
. SWCW Southwest Tag Team Champion
. NWA North American Tag Team Champion
. WWC Tag Team Champion, 2x
. USWA Unified World Heavyweight Champion
. ECW Television Champion
. ECW World Heavyweight Champion, 2x
. WWF World Tag Team Champion
. WCW Hardcore Champion, 3x
. WCW United States Heavyweight Champion
. 3PW Heavyweight Champion
. JCW Heavyweight Champion

And a small selection of some of Terry's best matches;

OP
OP
Zach

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
I told BritishMonsoon I'd delete this thread if he wanted to make a fancy one and he said THESE MARKS DON'T DESERVE IT, JACK!

(I'm paraphrasing.)

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thread's fine, no one pays attention to the OP after day 1 anyways :p

I just want an excuse to post Terry Funk stuff all month. Like this;

Dude had two cart-topping albums in Japan, what a fuckin' legend. And shout out to Jimmy Hart for recycling a bunch of shit to make this masterpiece.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She had, Barbara Streisand's nose!

I forgot he bad mouthed it after too, what a legend.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really for the best

Mind bendingly stupid posts from him lately

The crazy thing to me is that he's aware enough to realise he's an idiot, but just can't seem to resist. The stuff with Sadie was dumb as hell, even if he did have points to make anyone with a bit of common sense could've told him it wouldn't go down well.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what WWE is now , they are your mediocre sports team that no one really cares about. They are not really good they're not incredibly bad they're just there. Sure of they might win couple game tmake it to the playoff one season but other than that there's just a. What I'm saying is that the WWE are the New York Jets

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You know what WWE is now , they are your mediocre sports team that no one really cares about. They are not really good they're not incredibly bad they're just there. Sure of they might win couple game tmake it to the playoff one season but other than that there's just a. What I'm saying is that the WWE are the New York Jets

There's gotta be a better analogy. They're the Lakers without LeBron. Fanboys won't shut up about them and they're one of the biggest games in town, but mostly they never rise above being mediocre.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
all the old timers come out of the woodwork because another old timer came back around again and put zero effort in

ignoring the amazing work of previous thread OPs from hungry young talent

very appropriate metaphor

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's gotta be a better analogy. They're the Lakers without LeBron. Fanboys won't shut up about them and they're one of the biggest games in town, but mostly they never rise above being mediocre.
Jets analogy works beautifully. they're a team that the fans don't even like but they watch every game. They dream every year that things will get better yet it never will. At least the Lakers will become good again in the near future.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
have the Lakers with Lebron risen above mediocre? I don't follow Nubah

They were like, 4th seed. But Bron's injured for a month and they lost a lot of games, sending them into 9th place.

Jets analogy works beautifully. they're a team that the fans don't even like but they watch every game. They dream every year that things will get better yet it never will. At least the Lakers will become good again in the near future.

I always figured the Jets didn't have fans, they were just New Yorkers who hated the Giants. And WWE will get marginally better once HHH runs the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.