• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I see these AEW tickets selling out fast and have to look at New Japan and how they royally fucked up their US expansion plans.
AEW: "look, this is big! and important! it's something you need to be there for! history!"

NJPW: "We are coming to the states. It will not be as good as Japan. See you there!"

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
dTtmXpe.gif

Smells like victory

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are OTT ever gonna try and have a go there? I know ICW's attendances for their Hydro shows have been dwindling year on year since they tried, but I dunno enough about OTT to guess whether they'd give it a crack.

They don't sell the National Stadium shows instantly (except the first show with The Elite, wow wonder why). So 3Arena is probably a bridge too far.

Unless they ran a big storyline with AEW or the like, it's not that feasible yet

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
TUE should really be called Adam Cole and His 3 Killers

wait a weirs stable stylistically really... everyone but Cole are mostly shooters and killers, but every team needs eye candy and promos...

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure it's "Breathe with the switchblade" and not "Bleed with the switchblade," or, in a more disturbing variant, "Breed with the switchblade?"
JW1-e1531425374528.jpg

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
horrendous

Their last show was comparatively way better than this

So blatantly trying to scoop the heat from AEW (bucks n cody plz surprise guest at our show)

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I could see AEW going for DJZ, and if that was the case maybe Cody would show up at an AAW show or something to pitch him a contract. I forgot that Cody actually wrestled DJZ in his AAW appearance a couple years ago

It's more likely they show up at ultra carny Warrior Wrestling though

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LA Park beating the shit out of Sam Adonis and his Trumpist gimmick should be fun though.

Maybe LA Park goes full shoot.
t0_i3T.gif

Also, I'm pretty sure we saw Eddie Edwards vs. Austin Aries in ROH years ago.

Speaking of ROH, the latest episode of ThROH the Years is up, this time covering Final Battle 2003:

Trevor Dame said:
New ThROH The Years is here! Final Battle 2003! Year End Awards! I say I want to eat "Dick Credo" in a nonsensical attempt at a joke that doesn't work! 3 hours 45 minutes!

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
I could see AEW going for DJZ, and if that was the case maybe Cody would show up at an AAW show or something to pitch him a contract. I forgot that Cody actually wrestled DJZ in his AAW appearance a couple years ago

It's more likely they show up at ultra carny Warrior Wrestling though
DJZ would be a good get, he's a real good hand

Naturally there are rumors he might go to WWE, though

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enough about some indie fed selling out a bingo hall, because tonight we're finally gonna get the answer to the question we all need the answer to: will Dana Brooke get her one-on-one match with Natalya? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oct 25, 2017
Will Dana Brooke go one-on-one with Natalya?

After costing them their WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match against The Riott Squad, Dana Brooke attempted to apologize to Natalya – but wound up getting the silent treatment from The Queen of Harts. (In her defense, Natalya was wearing AirPods and didn't hear anything Dana had to say.)

When Natalya "ignored" her, Dana said she would ask the McMahon family for a chance to prove she's a better competitor than the former SmackDown Women's Champion and will face The Queen of Harts on Raw.

Should this match take place, will Dana prove herself, or will she wind up regretting going one-on-one with a Hart Dungeon graduate?

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What better way to celebrate St. Valentine's Day weekend than watching Evolve?!

February 15 - Evolve 121 in Atlanta, GA (live on Fite.TV and Club WWN)
-Evolve Championship match: Austin Theory (c) vs. Darby Allin: will they be dumb enough to pull off the title switch to Allin in Theory's home town when Anthony Henry is scheduled to face Theory the next night in Concord, NC? Why are they burning this match now when it's probably their signature title feud for the past year?

-Adam Cole vs. Shane Strickland: a preview straight from the Largo Loop.

-Evolve Tag Team Championship match: Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) (c) vs. DJZ & AR Fox w/Ayla Fox: a random reappearance by DJ Z and a random tag team with AR Fox

-Anthony Henry vs. Eddie Kingston: this could be surprisingly good, and Henry has to win to look good for his title match the next night

-Shine Nova Championship match: Aja Perera vs. Priscilla Kelly: this has no story build in Shine, but it's the Shine Nova Championship, so really, who cares?

-The Skulk Scramble Match: Leon Ruff vs. Adrian Alanis vs. Liam Grey vs. ???

-Josh Briggs vs. Curt Stallion: this could be really good, and I'm becoming a big fan of Curt Stallion

-JD Drake vs. Harlem Bravado: sometimes, you just need to fill the card, but it makes your champion look like a jobber when he has to sell for Harlem fucking Bravado.

February 16 - Evolve 122 in Concord, NC (live on Fite.TV and Club WWN)
-WWN Championship match: JD Drake (c) vs. Montez Ford: I'll be honest: if they want to crown Montez Ford, then they should crown his ass. He's good.

-Evolve Championship match: Austin Theory (c) [if still champion] vs. Anthony Henry: should be fun, but I can see it being cold as ice

-Adam Cole vs. Darby Allin: finally, Adam Cole can look big in a match

-Angelo Dawkins vs. Eddie Kingston: two big boys throw down

-AS GOOD AS IT GETS: AR Fox w/Ayla Fox vs. Shane Strickland: stop the fucking presses and close all wrestling promotions because this match is AS GOOD AS IT GETS

-DJZ vs. Josh Briggs: man, Briggs's rocket keeps sputtering through no fault of his own

-Harlem Bravado vs. Curt Stallion: Stallion better win this

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who could possibly care about those two matches...

They've done an admirable job of taking Strowman and turning him into a random geek nobody cares about. Given all the rumors about his having heat backstage, I almost wonder if they decided he couldn't be the guy quite yet.

I believe I saw that these are also just house show matches straight up.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
What better way to celebrate St. Valentine's Day weekend than watching Evolve?!

February 15 - Evolve 121 in Atlanta, GA (live on Fite.TV and Club WWN)
-Evolve Championship match: Austin Theory (c) vs. Darby Allin: will they be dumb enough to pull off the title switch to Allin in Theory's home town when Anthony Henry is scheduled to face Theory the next night in Concord, NC? Why are they burning this match now when it's probably their signature title feud for the past year?
Probably a fuckery ending leading to Priscilla going with Darby for Mania weekend crowning? Especially with Valentine's Day.....

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'll be in Big Bear getting drunk and such instead of watching the Chamber.

Maybe I'll watch the Chamber match though...
PPVs between Rumble and Mania are prime material for watching when you're bored and have nothing else to do.

Becky isn't even on the PPV unless they decide to pull some bullshit where Becky has to fight for her spot at WM even though she is pretend injured. It's just as likely they fire her and then in the next segment show her getting on Vince's private jet to wherever SmackDown is.

Status
Not open for further replies.