• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably do a multi women match like they did with AJ at WM back in the day. Gets the roster involved and still could let Asuka look strong. The only ones who are remotely of WM caliber in a singles match against Asuka would be Naomi or Carmella, but who wants to see that?

You could have 2 great WM women matches with good storytelling (ronda vs becky heat and the other one the "wrestlemania revenge" for asuka) but that's what we will get instead.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I liked the ending

Becky's apology was so nonchalant and quickly moved on... Not like she was groveling or anything

Got straight to the business before Vince pulled his dick move

They got almost two months, it was good

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly okay with a triple threat because it'll probably be a better match than Becky v Ronda.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact everyone is mad is why they did it that way.

Sometimes they do things for bad heat but this is good heat. Ronda isn't a heel and neither is Becky and making people upset is the point.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fuck that ending. This story doesn't need Charlotte at all. Like Ronda vs Becky is the far more interesting storyline as they sell there hate for each other really well. The match may be good but it would of been good with just Ronda and Becky.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also what makes this more bullshit is this protects Ronda from losing one on one seeing as this may be her last match.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone, anywhere on God's green earth, want a triple threat over Ronda vs Becky?

And Asuka vs Charlotte II is the easiest program you can make that guarantees a good match.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone, anywhere on God's green earth, want a triple threat over Ronda vs Becky?

And Asuka vs Charlotte II is the easiest program you can make that guarantees a good match.
Me, right here.

Charlotte is significantly better than Ronda is. In-ring she is better than Becky by quite a bit too, and Becky isn't a slouch.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
They wouldn't need this if Ronda could a) talk or had a mouthpiece b) could reliably have a great match with Becky, which is questionable.

Charlotte negates both problems if she goes full douchebag. Unless you really thought a heel Ronda could be appealing (would have worked if she was silent most of the time)

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Becky can't literally win every segment.

This just cemented she is winning. The people who are mad about this are largely just getting worked. It works like that on purpose.
I do not think it is about winning, at least not with me. Win/lose whatever. It is about fucking over repeatedly the chance they have at a strong character who could be a lynchpin (heh) for a company who is shitting themselves in the ratings over and over. They are handed multiple times a golden goose but since it came from someone else they fuck it up. Lynch is the big one, but Rusev Day and Rusev himself never really going over. Balor repeatedly getting shit on. Even Asuka they have no idea what to do with.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not think it is about winning, at least not with me. Win/lose whatever. It is about fucking over repeatedly the chance they have at a strong character who could be a lynchpin (heh) for a company who is shitting themselves in the ratings over and over. They are handed multiple times a golden goose but since it came from someone else they fuck it up. Lynch is the big one, but Rusev Day and Rusev himself never really going over. Balor repeatedly getting shit on. Even Asuka they have no idea what to do with.
She is already that and she is 99% going over at Wrestlemania.

She opened a show she isn't on (and also every other show since Rumble other than the first Raw) and also ended it while appearing six times on the show.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, they said cool, you can have your Wrestlemania match. Becky was happy, Vince came out, suspended Becky, and gave the match to Charlotte

giphy.gif

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

I do. Becky wouldn't be able to carry Ronda to a good match on her own, simply because everyone knows that she (Ronda) would fall apart like a house of cards the moment she started getting booed, and it would tank the match quality. Where if Charlotte is in the match, it'll at least cover that part up. And if this main events Wrestlemania as the first ever women's main event, I would rather look back at it as being a good to great match opposed to a match that was fucking terrible because Ronda can't handle heat.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
when austin did the first stunner on vince in 1997 he got arrested and laughed his way out of the building in handcuffs

the next week he dressed up like one of the cops that was supposed to protect vince from austin and gave owen a stunner then got the fuck outta there:

it sounds like mommy stephanie and daddy hhh told little rebellious daughter becky that she had to go in time out last week and that she wouldn't get to go to the big party with all her friends unless she said sorry

and then she said sorry

Oct 25, 2017
The best part about that closing segment is that they aren't even humoring the idea that Ruby might win on Sunday.

Also, I feel like we're letting ourselves get distracted of what's really important and that is that The Revival are finally tag champs!

SAY YEAH!

The Maharaja

Oct 25, 2017
As Ronda entered the ring, Vince McMahon walked out and said before they do something silly, he wanted to get something off his chest. He said it could been of the greatest main events of all time. He said he thinks Becky thinks she's bigger than WWE and has a bad attitude. He said, "You're not The Man, I'm The Man." He said sometimes he has to make tough decisions, but he said she's suspended for 60 days. He said he won't accept her apology, even though Hunter or Steph might. He said that suspension runs out five days after WrestleMania. He said they need a replacement, someone with charisma and charm who knows their lane and stays in it who can take Ronda to the limit. He introduced Charlotte. Becky threw the mic down Charlotte walked out all smiles. Renee said this is insane. McMahon raised his arm and said her arm will be raised at the end of WrestleMania's match.

(Keller's Analysis: The wind was taken out of WWE's fans sails there. In the arena and worldwide. Really dangerous game WWE is playing.)

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Putting the title on Jay White this early just feels like desperation by NJPW to create a new heel since everyone else that's supposed to be a heel tends to get cheered at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
Me too

The apologies thing was really dumb. But Vince giving the match to Charlotte was a good way to end the show

Exactly.

Putting Charlotte into the match by beating Becky and people would have moaned more.

Surely they going to move someone from Raw to Smackdown now Charlotte and Becky are there. No idea who Asuka is going to face.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Sean Ross Sapp explained why Charlotte was added to the match in his review of RAW.

Ronda is leaving the day after Mania. And won't be back until Survivor Series at the absolute earliest. And WWE doesn't want half of their first ever Women's WM Main Event gone after WM.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol what dangerous game, is anyone dumb enough to think Becky won't be in the match?

Yeah, this is just some half assed Vince/Austin & Authority/Bryan feud retread with none of the heat or build up from either. Unless they have Becky go full Austin, giving zero fucks, throwing up double birds, and beating the everloving shit out of everyone on a nightly basis till she forces her way back into the match I don't see how she doesn't comes out of this storyline diminished.

The dangerous game here is they may be fucking up one of the hottest stars they've had in years.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
You are marks.

Granted, this is a stupid ass way to do it and I guess Charlotte is the new Corporate Champion figure in the angle.

Becky is gonna put Vince or Steph in the armbar and the pop will be huge.

It's gonna be a triple threat, I just wished they did it Luger-Hart style.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Robbie Eagles will be back in New Japan for the Iizuka retirement show and both Honor Rising dates.

Also, still no sign of Kanemitsu on the next few cards, so it seems like he might not have been ready to come back after all.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
theyre really just replicating the daniel bryan thing for becky huh

i wonder if she will have to beat steph to insert herself into the final match

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, this is just some half assed Vince/Austin & Authority/Bryan feud retread with none of the heat or build up from either. Unless they have Becky go full Austin, giving zero fucks, throwing up double birds, and beating the everloving shit out of everyone on a nightly basis till she forces her way back into the match I don't see how she doesn't comes out of this storyline diminished.

The dangerous game here is they may be fucking up one of the hottest stars they've had in years.

Has Becky's character since Summerslam not been 90% being screwed by The business wanting Charlotte over her.

Cause I'm pretty sure its been that.

Status
Not open for further replies.