• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Also the main event of Honor Rising Night 2 is Finlay/Juice vs The Briscoes for the ROH tag titles.

FinJuice are winning, aren't they?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I personally think its the best way to insert charlotte.

A luger/Hart moment or having charlotte win a qualifier is stupid.

Having the girl who has been the biggest roadblock in your badass babyface's tenure come out to roadblock her spectacularly as a revealed corporate champion, basically making all of her before senseless whining be proven right? That's damn smart.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ugh, what a moronic way to go about doing things. It honestly would have been less convoluted just to do the 'she wasn't supposed to be in the RR' thing and get Shoehorn Charlotte in there that way.

Are we honestly doing this because Ronnie got her feelings hurt by the fans? Making SUPER HEEL take all the heat off her? Geez.

Becky should have crotch chopped HHH/Steph, said I got ya WM main event right here and walked off. Instead she f**king apologises for something we can't even remember why AND still gets taken out of the match LOL, ok. :|

Let me guess, Becky and Ronnie will have to team up now to help Becky get her WM spot back. CHEER FOR ME PLEASE LOOK I'M ROLE MODEL RONDA AND I HELPED YOUR FAV GET HER SPOT BACK CAUSE I'M SUCH A GOOD PERSON!

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
these Honor Rising cards, idk man. lotta Kingdom!

Finn/Juice you were supposed to bring the rest of Lifeblood!

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
remember when Sami Callihan terrorized NJPW for a tour? wild

Remember his straight out of the 90's gay panic era "randomly kissing my opponents on the mouth" gimmick that the office eventually told him to stop (I don't remember where I heard that last part so grain of salt)?

Only good thing to come of that was Tenzan's backstage promo afterwards.

"Why'd he kiss me? My wife doesn't even kiss me! But it was good. I liked it."

Oh and also Tenzan's promo after Sami kissed Kojima. "He took Kojima away from me!"

...basically Tenzan was the best thing about Sami in New Japan. Huh.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, what a moronic way to go about doing things. It honestly would have been less convoluted just to do the 'she wasn't supposed to be in the RR' thing and get Shoehorn Charlotte in there that way.

Are we honestly doing this because Ronnie got her feelings hurt by the fans? Making SUPER HEEL take all the heat off her? Geez.

Becky should have crotch chopped HHH/Steph, said I got ya WM main event right here and walked off. Instead she f**king apologises for something we can't even remember why AND still gets taken out of the match LOL, ok. :|

Let me guess, Becky and Ronnie will have to team up now to help Becky get her WM spot back. CHEER FOR ME PLEASE LOOK I'M ROLE MODEL RONDA AND I HELPED YOUR FAV GET HER SPOT BACK CAUSE I'M SUCH A GOOD PERSON!
Lol funny because they just teamed up after Raw. Ronda had so much heat. Now it's gone. *Poof*

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know why Charlotte gets """"handed"""" all of these spots? Because she always delivers. Which very few other wrestlers, male or female, can say.

Also, calm down, she'll probably lose (again) to Becky at Fast Lane to take it back to 1 on 1, and if not, then the Mania main event will instead have a match quality worthy of its spot.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a problem with the way things went. Becky is going to get in the match, probably after threatening to break steph's arm. Also there was nothing wrong with her apologizing, it was like a completely insincere lip service apology. It would have made her less likable if she didn't apologize.

What I did have a problem with is the dead crowd during a great Revival/Roode & Gable match. Shame as that was close to peak Revival there.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna assume this thread is a shitshow of dunks and snark because of the ending, so I'll just say my thing.

Raw was alright. Revival vs. Roode and Gable was real good. Glad to see Revival get the titles. Good for them. Hope they get a good run.

Ending was great. Becky doesn't look like an idiot for getting in her own way. She's smart because she knows (like Ronda said) the words mean nothing and are a means to an end that she'd be an idiot to keep herself from. They juxtaposed Vince nicely with Steph and Hunter and flipped the expected trope of Hunter and Steph being the bad guys with them actually just being earnest and Vince being the unreasonable and maniacal one. Ronda being angry about Charlotte being in is nice because it's consistent with Ronda's character that she wants Becky in the match. Vince saying out loud that Charlotte was winning is basically confirmation that she isn't if some still needed that. All of this is setting up great for Becky to overcome both Vince's bullshit with Charlotte and beating Ronda all at once. And I'm legitimately excited to see how she finds her way back in and even more excited to see her overcome all the bullshit and win at WM. Lots of good stuff there.

Basically this:

imagine if conor just said "I apologize."

then smiled and moved on

Not at all comparable. Conor had nothing to gain by apologizing there and everything to lose (his image which is what makes him money and keeps his spot).

Bad, bad, bad take.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the thing about Raw is 3 hours is too much for a weekly show. Happened with Nitro and now Raw. That is way to much wrestling to watch weekly without getting tired.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Also looks like KO is going to return before Mania. Good for him, though I wonder where he slot in now.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all comparable. Conor had nothing to gain by apologizing there and everything to lose (his image which is what makes him money and keeps his spot).

Bad, bad, bad take.

As opposed to... Becky's image which makes her money and keeps her spot? Becky's image of being a fucking badass that she's had since August of last year and they're doing their best to soften at every turn? It's a perfect comparison. Conor comes off as a bad ass who isn't apologizing to no one. Becky is BOOKED and WRITTEN to apologize and come off like a geek.

you're going into crazy wwe fanboy territory more than usual right now. I can't even fathom what this means:

She's smart because she knows (like Ronda said) the words mean nothing and are a means to an end that she'd be an idiot to keep herself from.

today i learned stone cold is an idiot for constantly shitting on vince. he should have just said what the boss wanted to hear! because it's just a means to an end and words don't mean anything!

what the fuck

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I just think its hilarious Vince told us a few weeks ago that we, the fans were the authority now!

Then oh nevermind f**k you back to I'M EVIL HAHAHA!

They could barely make it a few weeks without resorting back to that beyond tired way of getting from a to b.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those Honor Rising cards aren't necessarily terrible, but who the hell decided the order? Night one in particular is just baffling.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only basing this on youtube clips, but while Becky apologizing is really dumb, it alone is not gonna ruin her character. Not yet, we'll see how this Vince stuff pans out though, I can see that doing the trick.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Becky should have attacked Stephanie until HHH made the match official, then Vince should have suspended her for 60 days.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
God that Becky story is so awful. It makes me angry how lackluster this shit is written. It's even worse than before Vince came out a few months ago and told us they want to get better.
This shit right now is straight up fantasy booking without any sense, f'n Charlotte isn't even on the Raw roster, that all doesn't makes any sense and just pisses me off. :(

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As opposed to... Becky's image which makes her money and keeps her spot? Becky's image of being a fucking badass that she's had since August of last year and they're doing their best to soften at every turn? It's a perfect comparison. Conor comes off as a bad ass who isn't apologizing to no one. Becky is BOOKED and WRITTEN to apologize and come off like a geek.

you're going into crazy wwe fanboy territory more than usual right now. I can't even fathom what this means:

today i learned stone cold is an idiot for constantly shitting on vince. he should have just said what the boss wanted to hear! because it's just a means to an end and words don't mean anything!

what the fuck

"Becky is not Stone Cold, you guys are crazy"

*Becky is booked differently than Stone Cold*

"What the fuck, Stone Cold would have never done this!"

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
The PCW Ultra Wrestle Summit show announced a few matches

So far it mostly looks like a souped up PCW Ultra show, like most of the Impact guys announced also regularly show up at PCW. The most interesting promotion tying in is MCW, and so far it's just Adam Brooks. Bring over, like, Indi Hartwell

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
"Becky is not Stone Cold, you guys are crazy"

*Becky is booked differently than Stone Cold*

"What the fuck, Stone Cold would have never done this!"
When people say "Becky is not Stone Cold, you guys are crazy", that argument is about how over she is. That has absolutely nothing to do with her booking or character.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Becky is a stone cold but slightly different

It makes sense that she, whose entire story is that she scratched and clawed her way out of obscurity, would swallow half heartedly a bit of pride to secure the most important match of her career that was in jeopardy.

So she did and she still got fucked, but she'll overcome.

It's interesting they've entirely opted to have Charlotte get handed the shot rather than pursue the obvious angle of I should have won the Rumble Becky should not have even been allowed in... which makes her kind of right and quasi sympathetic. Here she's just the opportunist walking over Becky to steal from her

If you want a more classic heel/face dynamic... this is more that than the alternative

Ultimately the build is what it is. Becky is going to be in the match, it's going to be a classic, Charlotte improves the work rate, and Becky is going to win.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait for Ric Flairs Birthday thingo on Raw in 2 weeks. You can just see Becky crashing it and absolutely wrecking shit.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Jay White's press conference interview and he came across like a mega star! Much better than his post match promo, he seemed a little flustered there imo. He mentioned that he deserves a new belt and that the old broken down one was more fit for Tanahashi, hopefully they don't get another cheap looking bootleg belt like that IC title they're still using.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Vince coming out after everything is settled and changing the main event for Wrestlemania is a great look behind the scenes at what everyone who works at WWE has to deal with!

Will point out though that Vince showed important he was in getting Stone Cold over back in the day, really laid it on thick with Charlotte and creates great heat for her. The dig about 'staying in her lane' is fantastic and puts Becky over huge with the fans.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up for anyone waiting for the DDT and TJPW VODs tomorrow: They're delayed, new upload date will be announced...at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.