• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlotte deserves better then to have her entire persona ruined by being Roman reigns-ed into the Becky v Ronda match.

She will never recover.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Not impressed in the slightest, Becky v Ronda would have been a fine match after months and months of build up. I can kind of understand shenanigans being done right now as to try to keep the interest maintained between now and WrestleMania. I still think it's a cruddy thing to do.

I would have been perfectly fine with Becky continuing to take shots at Ronnie on twitter, live interviews etc. I hate Ronnie with the fire of 1,000 suns. After all of her hype she was nothing but a paper champion for the UFC. All of her controversial opinions....... her pitiful comebacks to Becky (what the hell was her Millennial man rant ? :P).

I hate Charlotte just as much as Rousey, I strongly believe that she would not have had so many opportunities spoon-fed to her if she were not Ric Flair's daughter. She's not even the WWE's better wrestler (Bailey and even Sasha with all of her botches are leaps and bounds better than Charlotte!). She's a fake, like many of the "divas" she needs to ditch the hair extensions!

Oct 25, 2017
I hate Charlotte just as much as Rousey, I strongly believe that she would not have had so many opportunities spoon-fed to her if she were not Ric Flair's daughter. She's not even the WWE's better wrestler (Bailey and even Sasha with all of her botches are leaps and bounds better than Charlotte!). She's a fake, like many of the "divas" she needs to ditch the hair extensions!

Oh come on

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

This is just incredibly pathetic.

Like get out of town with this calling her a diva and shitting on her looks garbage.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
That like dislike ratio. Yikes. Marks and casuals being worked. Lol

She might still get her WrestleMania moment, but it would have been the perfect moment with her laying out Rousey for the 1-2-3. Pinning or submitting Charlotte won't have the same impact.
Becky's been dealing with Ronnie for months, this is her time to shine and Ronda needs to do the honorable thing and job to the better person :).

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Yeah, this is just some half assed Vince/Austin & Authority/Bryan feud retread with none of the heat or build up from either. Unless they have Becky go full Austin, giving zero fucks, throwing up double birds, and beating the everloving shit out of everyone on a nightly basis till she forces her way back into the match I don't see how she doesn't comes out of this storyline diminished.

The dangerous game here is they may be fucking up one of the hottest stars they've had in years.

She doesn't need to do any fo that and she won't be diminished. Winning the title in the first ever women's mania main event?

Yeah. Becky could come out in the Goobedly Gooker costume from now until Mania and she'll be fine.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Bandido or Haskins on the Honor Rising cards, shame. But at least we get Gresh in New Japan, hopefully for BoSJ as well.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not impressed in the slightest, Becky v Ronda would have been a fine match after months and months of build up. I can kind of understand shenanigans being done right now as to try to keep the interest maintained between now and WrestleMania. I still think it's a cruddy thing to do.

I would have been perfectly fine with Becky continuing to take shots at Ronnie on twitter, live interviews etc. I hate Ronnie with the fire of 1,000 suns. After all of her hype she was nothing but a paper champion for the UFC. All of her controversial opinions....... her pitiful comebacks to Becky (what the hell was her Millennial man rant ? :P).

They all wear extensions you idiot.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
51570674_294372324588350_7026930794505586653_n.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Mainly feels like Omega chose to push himself with a new challenge while Ibushi has his roots in Japan, I didn't even know he had an actual wrestling school rather than just a training ground!

Pretty big deal for Ibushi to lock in to one promotion too. I expect him to become the 4th pillar once Tanahashi shifts into Makabe role.

On another note NJPW has a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee schedule next month

Oct 25, 2017
Mainly feels like Omega chose to push himself with a new challenge while Ibushi has his roots in Japan, I didn't even know he had an actual wrestling school rather than just a training ground!

Pretty big deal for Ibushi to lock in to one promotion too. I expect him to become the 4th pillar once Tanahashi shifts into Makabe role.

On another note NJPW has a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee schedule next month

Oh god, I'm never going to be able to keep up

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Tana/White match was so close to being really great but it seemed to have an identity crisis. Couldn't decide if it was going to be White massacring broken down Tana's knee or White being a sneaky bastard and getting the quick counter win. Don't think the chemistry with Tana is there. I do enjoy that Jay is saving his backdrops for the latter half of the match, they are definitely his most impactful move right now. Wish he had some wicked lariat though, it just feels like he's got a few gaps to fill in being a truly dominant heel champ.

Gedo's obsession with outside interference and shenannigans does make all the heel gajin champs feel exactly the same though, it's rather annoying.

And of course, the match had nothing on KZY vs PAC from a few days ago. MOTY right now.

Deleted member 3761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Ratings are in the toilet and the only WM match they're looking forward to they're worried you'll ruin..."

"Okay let's do it"

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Feels like WWE will give us what we want with Becky but with plenty of dumb stuff along the way.

I expect Becky will pin Ronda at Mania in the main event, giving Charlotte the logical challenger spot and Ronda is going away for a few months.

The 3 way will be fantastic, way more potential than a one on one.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Keeping up with New Japan is starting to feel like a chore. It's not a bad thing that they keep adding more and more live shows to NJ World every year, but...I dunno. The Super Jr. Tag tournament is a league now, WTL is one giant block the same length as the G1, certain big shows are being expanded to two days, Fantasticamania had a few live shows added, more and more Road To shows are being streamed, and that's all on top of the G1, NJC, and Super Jrs.

Like I said the other day though, this probably has more to do with me feeling obligated to watch every show than anything else. Gotta start being more discerning about which shows I watch. Not everything is necessary viewing.

Orrrrr I can just continue to stare longingly at DDT's more relaxed schedule. I casually watch DDT as it is, but between New Japan's insane schedule and my recent kinda-apathy towards New Japan it's getting more and more tempting to just make the jump and switch to them as my primary Japanese promotion.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Keeping up with New Japan is starting to feel like a chore. It's not a bad thing that they keep adding more and more live shows to NJ World every year, but...I dunno. The Super Jr. Tag tournament is a league now, WTL is one giant block the same length as the G1, certain big shows are being expanded to two days, Fantasticamania had a few live shows added, more and more Road To shows are being streamed, and that's all on top of the G1, NJC, and Super Jrs.

Like I said the other day though, this probably has more to do with me feeling obligated to watch every show than anything else. Gotta start being more discerning about which shows I watch. Not everything is necessary viewing.

Orrrrr I can just continue to stare longingly at DDT's more relaxed schedule. I casually watch DDT as it is, but between New Japan's insane schedule and my recent kinda-apathy towards New Japan it's getting more and more tempting to just make the jump and switch to them as my primary Japanese promotion.

yeah, if you skip shows without tournament or title matches you'll notice you suddenly have far less to catch up with

Oct 25, 2017

This is kind of where I'm at. There's just so much content now that I'm having trouble keeping up. It doesn't help that the majority of the content is just tag matches that don't mean anything. I also have no idea why I feel obligated to watch every single show

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Ibushi has run into huge amounts of trouble when touring the US by himself (has lost his passport twice in the last 3 visits or so), even the WWE road trips were miserable for him

He's just not made for the road life.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm probably wrong about DDT having a more relaxed schedule and just don't notice how many shows they run since I only causally follow them.

Ah well.

EDIT: I do find myself having more fun when I watch a DDT show, though. I think the comedy undercard really helps a lot. Who's to say if I'd feel the same way if I watched everything they put out, though.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
NJPW works for me similar to lucha, fun relaxed undercards I can watch on demand whenever I need to relax but with an awesome singles main event match once a month/quarter which is all I really need.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
NJPW works for me similar to lucha, fun relaxed undercards I can watch on demand whenever I need to relax but with an awesome singles main event match once a month/quarter which is all I really need.

Yeah I like watching some of the Young Lion matches if they are against interesting upper card dudes, all the Shingo matches and then the big main events.

You can skip shit like Fale/Okada v.267, any GOD/nu-Bullet Club stuff, Tenzan etc etc etc.

I don't even watch every single Dragon Gate match.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The Tana/White match was so close to being really great but it seemed to have an identity crisis. Couldn't decide if it was going to be White massacring broken down Tana's knee or White being a sneaky bastard and getting the quick counter win. Don't think the chemistry with Tana is there.

It was both

The knee work is directly why Tana fell to the Blade Runner

And Tana looks like a warrior by not submitting.

White used a shit ton of Saito suplexes and other upper back/neck/shoulders moves in between the knee work for a reason. He was ensuring his plan B in case, as what happened, Tana was too insane and stubborn to tap out.

It's actually great subtle storytelling.

Callis even sort of accidentally points it out in reverse by insisting, while White was killing Tana with Saito Suplexe, that White should only focus on the knees... but White is smarter. He knew he needed to also create an opportunity with the Blade Runner. He needed his Plan B, and bam Tana forced to crawl to the top (due to the knee damage) is slowed so significantly and his power reduced so severely that White could simply catch him mid High Fly Flow... and thanks to all the Saito Suplexes, all those back and forth apron into guardrail-guardrail into apron assaults, bam Tana falls to Plan B, the Blade Runner

It's subtle brilliant shit tbh.

Last edited:

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even watch every single Dragon Gate match.

But then how will you know that Mondai Ryu still sucks?

Tbh, I always make sure to tune in 10-15 minutes after the advertised time, because the whole show intro bit with Saito talking to the gong kids takes an age. Also, Gamma...why is he still a thing? Dragon Gate's Jado.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Another important Emi update

The women's title build sounds like a train wreck though it's pretty funny to see that ratio. Are there actually any challengers for Asuka now because as somebody who defended what they did with her at the rumble now she's looking like an afterthought.

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Take it with a grain of salt because Meltzer didn't even know that it was announced publicly that Ibushi signed a New Japan contract or how long it was for, but Meltzer said Ibushi's NJPW deal was exclusive on WOR.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Also I'm probably wrong about DDT having a more relaxed schedule and just don't notice how many shows they run since I only causally follow them.

Ah well.

EDIT: I do find myself having more fun when I watch a DDT show, though. I think the comedy undercard really helps a lot. Who's to say if I'd feel the same way if I watched everything they put out, though.
If you watch Basara and Ganbare as well I'm sure it's more than NJPW. In some months even without them.
The difference probably is that they have a ton of stuff that's not airing live.

Another important Emi update

The women's title build sounds like a train wreck though it's pretty funny to see that ratio. Are there actually any challengers for Asuka now because as somebody who defended what they did with her at the rumble now she's looking like an afterthought.

Oh, that must have happened just when we left.
Fun fact: Shigehiro Irie was the camera man.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Tana vs White match worth to subbing for?

I'm kinda curious. But if the match is meh maybe I should just order a pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.