• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Charlotte stinking it up with a greener wrestler
giphy.gif
Carmella taking catching lessons from The Miz.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we made so much progress on the Charlotte/Becky stuff yesterday that we could repeat the same arguments today. lol

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
People worried about Becky carrying Ronda, like wtf? You think they're going to go out and call it in the ring? It's 1) a Ronda match and 2) the first women's main event in WM history. That thing is going to be scripted move by move and practiced for weeks. Becky won't have to carry anybody.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
She's going for a crossbody and Carmella was out of position. Whether it was supposed to be a reversal or whatever

At least Carmella had the sense to try to cover for it

1. It's not as though Charlotte couldn't see Mella's positioning before she jumped

2. It's scientifically verifiable that much like with cats Charlotte will land on her feet 100% of the time when falling from a height greater than a meter

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ayame Sasamura's out for 3-6 months. Everything is terrible.

I'm blaming this on Nanae being jealous that her tag champs were significantly cooler and better than her in every way.

juklmuQ.jpg

Hopefully she recovers quickly and ∀∀ Impact go against Boss 2 Mammy when both the rookies are back.
It's terrible but I'm looking forward to Nanae doing the only thing you can expect in a situation like this:
Book a tournament where she gets the tag titles at the end.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
She's going for a crossbody and Carmella was out of position. Whether it was supposed to be a reversal or whatever

At least Carmella had the sense to try to cover for it
I'm pretty sure Charlotte was trying to land on her feet, hence why Carmella wasn't even in the vicinity, let alone missed a catch

But hey, either way, proves the point that you can't tell shit about a worker from a random gif

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Charlotte was trying to land on her feet, hence why Carmella wasn't even in the vicinity, let alone missed a catch

But hey, either way, proves the point that you can't tell shit about a worker from a random gif
listen I watch WRESTLING so i think i know more than some GREEN woman who gets UNFAIR OPPORTUNITIES for family lineage

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
with all this talk about stuffing charlotte into the match at mania -

has anyone considered that in being a part of the first ever women's mania, Becky wanted Charlotte in the match? they've been best friends since NXT days, i imagine sharing that platform together would be a huge 'we made it' moment that they might want to share? i dunno

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Bryan should really come out to the classic flight of the valkyries but that might be expensive lol. tho im sure he used to come out to it

would be amazing for mania if there was an orchestra or something
That's public domain, it wouldn't cost a thing other than the particular orchestra that recorded it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of UWF-i, I always loved how out of place was Vader there, yet at the same time, he fits perfectly with the show.

I always loved a spot when Vader the most basic of body slams and the crowd erupts like Hogan vs Andre only because that move was really out of place in a "shoot" match

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's terrible but I'm looking forward to Nanae doing the only thing you can expect in a situation like this:
Book a tournament where she gets the tag titles at the end.

Looking at the recent SEAdLInNnNnNnG results I was impressed to see that it looks like Nanae actually put "I'll lose a match with you" in Arisa's contract then snuck in "when I'm your tag partner" in the fine print.

I hope she remembers to throw in a singles match between her and Arisa the show before the tag tournament finals so she can put herself over twice as hard again.

Ruaka's also going to be out again though the injury is more minor than what they first expected . On the plus side everybody's favourite wrestler who competes in a garbage bag returns next show!

Last edited:

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we made so much progress on the Charlotte/Becky stuff yesterday that we could repeat the same arguments today. lol
Bryan tried to talk about something else on WOL yesterday but said he couldn't because 99 percent of the calls and texts were people bitching about Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch.

Who would have thought putting an actual popular babyface in the main event of the biggest show would make people care about it

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
2HEE82J.png

RWF13: Faction War Games
Date:
Thursday, February 28th, 2019
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central/1:00AM London
Where: Live from the EraDome on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1551402000z2.png

RWF's second event of 2019 closes out the month of February with a long overdue wrestler's debut, a couple of championship matches, and a little bit of fighting between RWF stables. RWF13 is all about continuing some of the storylines established from the previous event and setting the stage for upcoming events as the RWF contendership ladders begin to take form again.

Singles Match
Brian_FETO vs 31GhostsIV
Twin Peaks aficionado 31GhostsIV debuts in the EraDome, taking on the Million Post Man Brian_FETO in singles competition to open the show. Will 31GhostsIV join the ranks of the undefeated and become RWF's next Goldberg? Or will the Million Post Man promptly send or newest superstar to the bottom of the winning percentage list?

Tornado Tag Team #1 Contender Match
G-Generation X (BiggestGeekEver & Menome) vs The JIF (Zach & Dental Plan)
Following their defeat at RWF12 the JIF were livid at the newly formed G-Generation X tag team as well as RWF management, blaming their loss on technical glitches occurring during their intro. Before the dust of RWF12 even settled the JIF attempted to go double or nothing in their rivalry with GX, requesting a rematch under tornado tag team rules and throwing in the stipulation that if the JIF were to lose again they would disband as a faction. RWF management decided to take this opportunity and throw additional stakes on the matter by stating that whomever wins this match will also face the RWF Tag Champs later that same night for the titles.

Singles Match
Heromanz vs excelsiorlef
Furious that he was kept off the books for RWF's return at RWF12, Heromanz was adamant that he return to action for RWF13. The RWF Chairman was happy to fulfill this request and booked Heromanz in a match against the newest member of The Authority, and the unofficial RWF King of Jobbers, excelsiorlef. Will Heroman be able to do the impossible and lose to excelsiorlef? We'll find out.

Singles Match
Pikma vs DMczaf
RWF's Top Shooter and man who's unable to figure out how to pin people DMCzaf returns to the ring for the first time since RWF10 to take on Pikma. A win by either of these superstars could propel them to #1 contender status as RWF management is supposedly high on both superstars in respect to title opportunities.

Main Event Part 1
RWF Tag Team Championship Match

[Winner of GX/JIF] versus The Authority (Beefy & Syder w/ Sephzilla) [c]
Faction warfare continues as the survivor of the GX/JIF war will take on The Authority, specifically the tag team known as Syde of Beef, in part one of our main event. By the time RWF13 starts, Beefy and Syder will have eclipsed Bronx-Man and Kornflayx 's record as the longest reigning RWF Tag Champions in history and will look to continue that reign going forward. However, the tag division could change forever if The Authority has one of their prized championships ripped from them by the rebellious JIF or the filthy GX.

Main Event Part 2
RWF B+ Championship Match

ZeBatsy vs Tall4Life [c]
Tall4Life, like his dear New England Patriots, dominated his championship match and regained the RWF B+ Championship. That same night, zeBatsy climbed to the top to become the new #1 contender for that same championship. If Tall4Life can retain the championship after this match, it will guarantee that he will surpass RBH for the most total days as RWF B+ Champion before RWF14 rolls around. However, zeBatsy already has a history of pulling upsets in championship matches (who doesn't remember the upset over Professor Beef for the RWF World Title at RWF9?) and a win at RWF13 would make zeBatsy only the second person in RWF history to win two of the three championships in the promotion. Will Tall4Life keep the B+ Championship within the ranks of NFLEra or will zeBatsy tell Tall4Life to GIVE UP?

You've got a one way ticket to the Red Room of pain Brian_FETO :

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

Nah, Okada's title win was one of my favorite Okada matches of all time. People were skeptical sure, but to me, I was sold after that match.

Namely because it was a HUGE difference to his Yoshi Hashi stinker.

I don't think the comparison is that fair. We have seen what Jay can do. And it's pretty good. Okada's rocket push was waaaaay bigger than Jay's slower build.

To me, this isn't as sink or swim as Okada or Mahal. Jay's fine as he is, but I hope he can be even better.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, 3 years ago when I was watching the young lions having their opening matches I always thought that everyone could be a potential IWGP champion except for Jay White.

But again, I guess that almost all of the IWGP champions that were born under the NJPW umbrella looked like chumps on their rookie days

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2HEE82J.png

Date:
Where: Live from the EraDome on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1551402000z2.png

RWF's second event of 2019 closes out the month of February with a long overdue wrestler's debut, a couple of championship matches, and a little bit of fighting between RWF stables. RWF13 is all about continuing some of the storylines established from the previous event and setting the stage for upcoming events as the RWF contendership ladders begin to take form again.

Singles Match
Brian_FETO vs 31GhostsIV
Twin Peaks aficionado 31GhostsIV debuts in the EraDome, taking on the Million Post Man Brian_FETO in singles competition to open the show. Will 31GhostsIV join the ranks of the undefeated and become RWF's next Goldberg? Or will the Million Post Man promptly send or newest superstar to the bottom of the winning percentage list?

Following their defeat at RWF12 the JIF were livid at the newly formed G-Generation X tag team as well as RWF management, blaming their loss on technical glitches occurring during their intro. Before the dust of RWF12 even settled the JIF attempted to go double or nothing in their rivalry with GX, requesting a rematch under tornado tag team rules and throwing in the stipulation that if the JIF were to lose again they would disband as a faction. RWF management decided to take this opportunity and throw additional stakes on the matter by stating that whomever wins this match will also face the RWF Tag Champs later that same night for the titles.

Singles Match
Heromanz vs excelsiorlef
Furious that he was kept off the books for RWF's return at RWF12, Heromanz was adamant that he return to action for RWF13. The RWF Chairman was happy to fulfill this request and booked Heromanz in a match against the newest member of The Authority, and the unofficial RWF King of Jobbers, excelsiorlef. Will Heroman be able to do the impossible and lose to excelsiorlef? We'll find out.

Singles Match
Pikma vs DMczaf
RWF's Top Shooter and man who's unable to figure out how to pin people DMCzaf returns to the ring for the first time since RWF10 to take on Pikma. A win by either of these superstars could propel them to #1 contender status as RWF management is supposedly high on both superstars in respect to title opportunities.

Main Event Part 1

Faction warfare continues as the survivor of the GX/JIF war will take on The Authority, specifically the tag team known as Syde of Beef, in part one of our main event. By the time RWF13 starts, Beefy and Syder will have eclipsed Bronx-Man and Kornflayx 's record as the longest reigning RWF Tag Champions in history and will look to continue that reign going forward. However, the tag division could change forever if The Authority has one of their prized championships ripped from them by the rebellious JIF or the filthy GX.

Main Event Part 2

ZeBatsy vs Tall4Life [c]
Tall4Life, like his dear New England Patriots, dominated his championship match and regained the RWF B+ Championship. That same night, zeBatsy climbed to the top to become the new #1 contender for that same championship. If Tall4Life can retain the championship after this match, it will guarantee that he will surpass RBH for the most total days as RWF B+ Champion before RWF14 rolls around. However, zeBatsy already has a history of pulling upsets in championship matches (who doesn't remember the upset over Professor Beef for the RWF World Title at RWF9?) and a win at RWF13 would make zeBatsy only the second person in RWF history to win two of the three championships in the promotion. Will Tall4Life keep the B+ Championship within the ranks of NFLEra or will zeBatsy tell Tall4Life to GIVE UP?
Damn it, Seph, stop scheduling them when I can't watch.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
honestly find that overly long counter sequence between Tana and Jay worse than this

I actually liked that sequence a lot more than the general indie approach. The chaining is more organic since they never really let go of each other. As opposed to flipping, ducking, cartwheeling, somersaulting, staredown, applause.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
2HEE82J.png

Date:

t1551402000z2.png

Singles Match
Brian_FETO vs 31GhostsIV

Singles Match
Heromanz vs excelsiorlef

Singles Match
Pikma vs DMczaf

Main Event Part 1

Main Event Part 2

ZeBatsy vs Tall4Life [c]

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ayame's injury sucks, but at least it's not a muscle tear or knee injury or something like that. Rest up. MDK.

As for the Jay/Jinder stuff. He's demonstrably better than Jinder in all areas other than look. You can also confirm his growth so he is getting better.

Does he belong in the same "top guy who isn't as skilled as his contemporaries" building? Yeah, I don't think he's top 10 in NJPW. But he's on a much higher floor than Jinder. Any comparison doesn't illuminate much about either of them.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
This promo is hilarious

"I'm out here WORKING HARD, while you're busy in the performance center, also WORKING HARD"

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So does ROH really not have a sub service to watch their PPVs that isn't over a hundred bucks a month?

Thats kind of lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.