• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
BWHAHAHA

G1 Supercard at MSG according to Meltzer might be only 3.5 hours

Holy shit that's gonna be a rushed PPV.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It would be odd to announce his retirement on GMA though. If anything he'd be announcing it on Raw similar to Edge and Bryan.

Honestly just not sure what to make of this. Like...unless there was some miracle cure or they diagnosed him incorrectly, I would not have thought he'd be able to train let alone film a movie less than 4 months of having treatment.

He's on GMA the morning after Raw

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
White/Ospreay is pretty neat. It's not the most inspired thing in the world, bit I'll take it.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
A few years osprey and white had what was probably match of the night back at 2016 war of the worlds in NYC so it's a solid pick IMO

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know this isn't wrestling related, but people here actually seem legit enough to give a fuck about this type of thing.

https://thinkprogress.org/buddhist-...uck-sexually-assaulted-students-6239326ba9ce/

It is obviously sickening behaviour and has infested a lot of Tibetan Buddhist schools and lineages for a very long time (as well as Buddhist traditions in other countries). It is just so fucked up and so horrible. You have these assholes preaching doctrines about the mind and the self being an illusion while being complete fucking self serving scum and greedy pieces of shit. That people who are even willing to swear Bodhisattva vows and samaya vows are coming in with the intention to help all other beings, then are abused, manipulated, sexually assaulted, extorted out of money with the fear of breaking vows and being sent to the vajra hell or whatever, it makes me so fucking sick. Then the people who aren't abused but know it is happening, under threat of some type of spiritual hell are too afraid to speak up. It is all just such a fucking hellish mess. I feel heartbroken.

As it goes with that school or "lineage", when I was younger and didn't really know shit about Buddhism, I figured I could sit down and meditate for a week or so (apart from sleep) and see what happened. It, very honestly, nearly drove me insane. Reality and my self as I knew it was totally ripped away, consciously. As risky and crazy as that whole thing was, that experience changed me so much for the better. I fucking hated the world and everyone in it, that experience showed me that everything I knew and experienced was not all that real. I perceived the world a certain way and believed in my perceptions, when the perceptions evaporate, what is left? After the peak experience of terror, I was absolutely blissful for weeks, phenomena just "was what it was", beyond any concept of good or bad or beautiful or ugly and etc etc etc. Compassion and empathy and thoughts towards justice were drastically amplified too. It also left me totally open and raw. But I could write thousands of words about that experience and it would be as useless as trying to describe the sound of a flute.

Nevertheless, I started reading about Buddhism shortly after that experience and the guy Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche I felt wrote totally honestly and openly about these type of experiences. He said so much so honestly about how you end up feeling lonelier and tender and wanting to share how you feel but not being able to and etc etc etc. I still think he had a lot of wonderful things to say BUT, his son is the one accused of all these abuses now and he himself was accused of abuse many, many times when he was alive. They are both alcoholics (as am I) and Trungpa spent something like 40K a year on coke. Trungpa had a lot of honest intentions and wonderful things to teach and early on, some of his abuses *may* have been him trying to do the crazy wisdom tantric thing, but who the fuck knows. Probably not.

I digress though, the last few years have been rough for Buddhism and it is just so thoroughly disgusting and heartbreaking it is hard to know what to even say anymore. So there you go, I just revealed things about my personal life even my closest friends don't even know and I have no-one else to express my disgust and horror to. Thanks, livejournal!

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Roman has CML. It's a type of chronic Leukemia that with proper treatment you can live decades.

I hope he doesn't come back before he is ready.

Last edited:

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the dirt sheets and I see they want Lacy Evans to be one of the big 3. I guess they must not give a fuck about Bayley and Sasha anymore...

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

The interview was more enlightening than whatever the fuck he's talking about.

In any case, if Meiji wants to help he should get the dudes doing RNP and Showbuckle that were intricately laying out videos of NJPW content and hire them. Doesn't even have to be full time, but that's money well spent. My friend went from "I don't know these guys" to "Bruh, when is Naito winning the title?" after watching Showbuckle's "Fall and Rise of Tetsuya Naito".

Reading the dirt sheets and I see they want Lacy Evans to be one of the big 3. I guess they must not give a fuck about Bayley and Sasha anymore...

They care enough to let them go back to NXT. I'm only half joking. That moment for hardcore fans should be as big as it was seeing Becky turn on Charlotte.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
First off, I just want to say that I am huge fan of Becky's work.

With regards to Charlotte, I feel as though she needs to borrow more from her dad in the 80s. We have seen so many men such as Ric Flair, Gino Hernandez, Ted DiBiase, Alberto del Rio, etc. who have been given the rich gimmick. Why not Charlotte or even Alexa Bliss? They have a fancy car, a fancy home, drink fancy wine, and so forth...

Charlotte is certainly getting better in the ring so why not?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Joey keeps rolling out these Spring Break announcements of people I have no idea who they are. Definitely feeling like a filthy casual.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Kofi Kingston on Vince McMahon's reaction to the crowd rejecting the New Day's initial positivity gimmick:

"He really thought that the positivity gimmick was going to be over with the crowd. He was very shocked that it didn't go over with the crowd."

Kofi Kingston on how the New Day are able to cut the promos that they cut (aka not robotic unrealistic scripted garbage that everyone else has to recite):

New Day are given promos, but they retool and revamp the whole thing. Then when they show it to Vince he says "Ugh, I don't get this." But since they have that long leash Vince has faith that they will be entertaining.

basically new day broke vince's brain and they get to cut normal promos as a result

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird that Vince built an empire on the backs of guys who cut promos they came up with themselves but nowadays finds it baffling that the audience doesn't find highly scripted promos to be honey to their ears.

I know this isn't wrestling related, but people here actually seem legit enough to give a fuck about this type of thing.

https://thinkprogress.org/buddhist-...uck-sexually-assaulted-students-6239326ba9ce/

It is obviously sickening behaviour and has infested a lot of Tibetan Buddhist schools and lineages for a very long time (as well as Buddhist traditions in other countries). It is just so fucked up and so horrible. You have these assholes preaching doctrines about the mind and the self being an illusion while being complete fucking self serving scum and greedy pieces of shit. That people who are even willing to swear Bodhisattva vows and samaya vows are coming in with the intention to help all other beings, then are abused, manipulated, sexually assaulted, extorted out of money with the fear of breaking vows and being sent to the vajra hell or whatever, it makes me so fucking sick. Then the people who aren't abused but know it is happening, under threat of some type of spiritual hell are too afraid to speak up. It is all just such a fucking hellish mess. I feel heartbroken.

As it goes with that school or "lineage", when I was younger and didn't really know shit about Buddhism, I figured I could sit down and meditate for a week or so (apart from sleep) and see what happened. It, very honestly, nearly drove me insane. Reality and my self as I knew it was totally ripped away, consciously. As risky and crazy as that whole thing was, that experience changed me so much for the better. I fucking hated the world and everyone in it, that experience showed me that everything I knew and experienced was not all that real. I perceived the world a certain way and believed in my perceptions, when the perceptions evaporate, what is left? After the peak experience of terror, I was absolutely blissful for weeks, phenomena just "was what it was", beyond any concept of good or bad or beautiful or ugly and etc etc etc. Compassion and empathy and thoughts towards justice were drastically amplified too. It also left me totally open and raw. But I could write thousands of words about that experience and it would be as useless as trying to describe the sound of a flute.

Nevertheless, I started reading about Buddhism shortly after that experience and the guy Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche I felt wrote totally honestly and openly about these type of experiences. He said so much so honestly about how you end up feeling lonelier and tender and wanting to share how you feel but not being able to and etc etc etc. I still think he had a lot of wonderful things to say BUT, his son is the one accused of all these abuses now and he himself was accused of abuse many, many times when he was alive. They are both alcoholics (as am I) and Trungpa spent something like 40K a year on coke. Trungpa had a lot of honest intentions and wonderful things to teach and early on, some of his abuses *may* have been him trying to do the crazy wisdom tantric thing, but who the fuck knows. Probably not.

I digress though, the last few years have been rough for Buddhism and it is just so thoroughly disgusting and heartbreaking it is hard to know what to even say anymore. So there you go, I just revealed things about my personal life even my closest friends don't even know and I have no-one else to express my disgust and horror to. Thanks, livejournal!
I had a similar fallout with the ideology but with how misogynist the doctrine of the monks was at its core.
A real tragedy that this went on but at least it seems its getting traction and he is getting more and more to speak against him.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Nocturnowl joined the deathmatch crew!

6xF1TzT.gif

Sounds like an upgrade from this

And the first step in revolutionary new deathmatch weaponry, training birds of prey to dig their talons into an already scarred forehead.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really fitting that the two companies that are struggling to survive are having a co-event called United We Stand:

For what I have read and my own experience, any form of organized religion, spirituality, politics and the like that gets too big (or sometimes not even that) and have hierarchies end up having problems like those because it will always attract shit human beings that want the power the institution (or position) gives and hide behind it.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So a deathmatch is going to air on national tv, has that happened anywhere?

6xF1TzT.gif

Sounds like an upgrade from this

And the first step in revolutionary new deathmatch weaponry, training birds of prey to dig their talons into an already scarred forehead.

Just imagine a bird of prey carrying a light tube and smashing it on its opponent.

Glad you left Impact wrestling. Japanese deathmatch scene is where the money is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.