• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
abcnews.go.com

Federal prosecutors announce drug charges against Venezuela’s Nicolas Maduro

The State Dept. has also offered a $15M reward for info leading to his arrest.

Federal prosecutors in New York will announce drug charges Thursday against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and other government officials, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

The charges include narco-terrorism conspiracy, cocaine importation conspiracy and weapons possession conspiracy. Geoffrey Berman, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, will formally discuss the charges at a news conference.

Prosecutors allege that Maduro and the other Venezuelan officials named in the indictment "participated in a corrupt and violent narco-terrorism conspiracy" between the Venezuelan "Cartel of The Suns" and Colombia's Revolutionary Armed Forces group FARC, which is designated by the U.S. as a terrorist organization.

According to the indictment, the officials were members of the cartel, which has worked to "facilitate the importation of tons of cocaine in into the United States" since 1999.

Maduro, who later became a leader of the cartel, "prioritized using cocaine as a weapon against America and importing as much cocaine as possible into the United States," the indictment said.

Thursday's indictment describes him as "a Venezuelan citizen" who was "previously the president of Venezuela" and is "now the de facto ruler of the country."

The indictment calls for all of the defendants, including Maduro, to forfeit any and all property derived from the alleged offenses.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What about Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud? He got a guy chainsawed? Any charges for that dude?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I don't believe anything the US government has to say about anything.

Maduro is an incompetent fool, but the US hate him because he's not a bootlicker who took the oil back (and mismanaged it, but that's another story) not for any humanitarian intent.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Why now?

I mean, planefuls of Russian gold, shady crypto out the yin-yang, and COCAINE MOUNTAIN but, why now?
tenor.gif

It would actually show that this is made up if it happened like at the drop of a hat.
Justice is usually rather is it has to be well done.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
True, but it's probably my antsyness at a lack of shitbag perpwalks recently. Stone didnt get remanded into custody or nuffin! I've only had Weinstein all year!
Justice is also fairly disappointing most of the time.
Weinstein is really the exception to the rule.
I truly don't get why anyone would have a problem with this case here if it's an above the board job.
Like I get that the current US admin is basically a scum bucket in human forms but if there's proof (and not madeup proofs) that Maduro is the head of a cartel feeding hardcore shit to US drug dealers I don't really have a problem with him being exposed.
Kinda like the Panama papers that exposed Putin's money laundering scheme that people (wikileaks at the forefront) claimed that was fake because there were nearly no US people involved in the papers (that was really due to US citizens having much easier schemes to launder their cash).

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The State Department is now offering up to $15 million for information leading to Maduro's arrest and up to $10 million for the arrest of four other senior officials, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also announced Thursday.
Mr CIA man, Maduro address is Av. Nte. 10, Caracas 1012, Distrito Capital, Venezuela.
Do you need my bank account info or do you want to pay me with cocaine? both are fine.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
are they really trying to make people pissed and gather on the streets to oust Maduro? And spread coronavirus more rapidly?

fuck this shit

edit. So they are indicting, putting his name and face on top of everything... and at the same time "hey we will pay 15M for who gives us any proof of what we just said?

LOL

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when JP Morgan was caught smuggling 20 tons of cocaine last year and we heard nothing since about prosecutions or arrests since then?

Oct 29, 2017
I think most Venezuelans just know the military has been smuggling, it seems pretty obvious from certain angles, but I don't see what the US is thinking this is suppose to accomplish.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think most Venezuelans just know the military has been smuggling, it seems pretty obvious from certain angles, but I don't see what the US is thinking this is suppose to accomplish.
America has been trying to regime change Venezuela for a while now, this is an attempt to gin up support for that in the US, because drugs are bad.
No one think Maduro gonna extradite himself to the US to stand trial for drug charges. Not even Mike Pompeo think that.
It's a dumb propaganda move by the dumbest people in American politics.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Justice is also fairly disappointing most of the time.
Weinstein is really the exception to the rule.
I truly don't get why anyone would have a problem with this case here if it's an above the board job.
Like I get that the current US admin is basically a scum bucket in human forms but if there's proof (and not madeup proofs) that Maduro is the head of a cartel feeding hardcore shit to US drug dealers I don't really have a problem with him being exposed.
Kinda like the Panama papers that exposed Putin's money laundering scheme that people (wikileaks at the forefront) claimed that was fake because there were nearly no US people involved in the papers (that was really due to US citizens having much easier schemes to launder their cash).

After the stunts Barr has been pulling (as Fixer) over the last few months, I still have a twinge when anything but bigger fish gets got, especially when it's one of this cabal's favorite boogiemen (not for Maduro's rampant criminality and cruelty but for SOCIAMLIZIMIZ).

We Great Powers Now until more of these criminals get wrenched out of power is what I'm saying, and that's a reason to game big things out. Who knows? Maybe Daddy Vova will be mad at his investment going kapoot like this?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
After the stunts Barr has been pulling (as Fixer) over the last few months, I still have a twinge when anything but bigger fish gets got, especially when it's one of this cabal's favorite boogiemen (not for Maduro's rampant criminality and cruelty but for SOCIAMLIZIMIZ).

We Great Powers Now until more of these criminals get wrenched out of power is what I'm saying, and that's a reason to game big things out. Who knows? Maybe Daddy Vova will be mad at his investment going kapoot like this?
To be fair there's a shitload of bad guys running around that are all at odds for all the wrong reasons.
I can tell that I won't be shedding any tear when one gets taken down by another bad guy for a wrong reason.
Considering it's people in NY doing this shit, there's chances of this not being a direct plotjob from our least favorite Mobman and this being a genuine effort.
It's certainly plausible and would explain how Maduro manages to stay in power while citizens starve.
It would certainly be an extremity that has been forced on them by the US too.
There's not much we can do here (except make the prosecutors' work harder via public pressure and seriously fuck that) so we'll see.