• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Yesterday I was with family and we had a total junk day, McDonald's for lunch and pizza for dinner. I never do that so went to bed feeling extremely awful and still don't feel like eating anything today. I'm not unhealthy or overweight, didn't overeat (one sandwich and fries for lunch, 2 pizza slices for dinner) so don't know why it broke me that much lol

Is it relatively normal or should I worry?

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Yeah, it's bad food.

You call it a "junk" day, it's called junk food for a reason.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i mean, its basically trash food, and you ate it all day, so.. yeah its pretty normal especially if you arent used to it

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
you ate mcdonalds. there food isnt even real. its like edible childrens kitchen toy food

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Same here, but it's mostly because I'm not used to eat stuff like that anymore. Same with soda.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Someone treated me one of those fancy frappuccino and I feel like shit all day afterwards. I think it's good that your body shows response.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta mix it up. Healthy for either lunch or dinner and then some fast food. I'd feel like shit after pizza and McD's too.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
I know people that fell sick after eating at Mcdonalds. Enough to see a pattern! Mcdonalds is awful.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
It's important to recognize why it's unhealthy. Junk food will most certainly be chockful of preservatives. That means ingesting a lot of sodium. One fast food meal can breach the 1000mg sodium mark and even the 2000mg mark! I recently purchased instant noodles from Amazon that have like 1.5kmg of sodium and they give me headaches and fatigue after eating them. I suspect it's due to water retention screwing the body up.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Nothing to do with getting old, fast food is and has always been trash, i eat out maybe twice a month, every thing is home cooked..

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
That really doesn't sound like a lot of food though.

I'm 40 and the only time fast food really gets me is if I'm not drinking enough water to flush some of the salt out. Too much pizza cheese will give me terrible constipation too. I don't honestly have any issues past that.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
How old is OP?

I think probably has more to do with your body not used to that much crap instead of age (though that probably has something to do with it as well).

If you ate more pizza and McDonalds your body would probably get used to it again.

Though I would just stay away if you can and try to eat stuff you prepare yourself.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's shit food, you should feel bad. It has always ruined the rest of the day to me as an adult and I get about over it next lunchtime. It both makes you not full and unable to enjoy the next meal. People are probably more use to it than others so it doesn't knock you for six like it does me for the rest of the day.

I would say as I get older I do outright avoid junk meals so it's only a god haven't had this in ages, why not, everyone else wants to go then regret it as usual. It's not worth it and you honestly get nicer stuff for cheaper or less if you aren't stuck for options. My local makes a stunning fajita wrap or roll that is better than any fast food I've had in my entire life and leaves me satisfied.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean, two shit meals in a row aren't great. Unless it's a cheat day and I'm trying to feel like shit, I usually try to keep it to one shit meal at most

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'm not that old and McDonald's has always given me the shits. Like a train with no brakes speeding through all the stops.

The image of that won't help but at least knowing it's the food and not you will.