• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disclaimer: So to make this challenging, but not overly so, there will be a few rules / guidelines to what you may post in this thread down below.

The character's default design must not contain generally accepted fan servicey traits such as sexualized outfits or over the top proportions with the character's breasts or rear. Regardless of how you may feel about these specific characters, this includes designs such as Pyra, Zero Suit Samus, 2B, Bayonetta, and Selvaria.

This thread is more about their default design, so if they have some kind of fan servicey scene in a game, such as a hot spring or beach scene, you can still post that character here as long as their default design is not fan servicey.

To make things more clear, the designs I will be posting in this OP will give an example of the kind of designs allowed.

Now let's begin!

Sabrina | Pokemon

6lZRAiO.png

Team Galactic Mars | Pokemon

P8g8jIz.png

Hex Maniac | Pokemon

UFoyAyC.png

Ashei | The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

zNjBABa.png

Reporter | Rhythm Heaven Fever

hVOOdh0.png

Yugiri Mystwalker | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

49ckPFN.png

Yukiko Amagi | Persona 4

QmAjhTV.png

Last edited:

incogneato

Self Requested Ban
Nov 8, 2017
latest

Fang FF13
latest

Athena: Ace Attorney
latest

Tear: Tales of the Abyss

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Best Sonic Adventure heroine.

GIVE ME THE BIRD

RESCUE COMPLETE

Beta is Flicky's father, and Gamma is Flicky's mother. E-102 Gamma is not to be confused with E-102 Chaos Gamma, which seems to be male. I think non-human characters need to be talked about too, because for every Gamma there are a dozen Courtney Gears. Other great choices that are respectful in design are Heavy Magician and Heavy Rider from Sonic Mania.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
I'll post Titania in these sorts of threads for as long as I draw breath. (but tbh most of the female characters in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn can count)
sXM1ko2.jpg

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2. Based on the complaints, I was expecting to deal with some bullshit character designs, and there's some bullshit, but then out of nowhere there's this badass:
LT7tRlX.png

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny Xenoblade 2 gets alot of flack for it's character designs and yeah some of it is deserved but then you get these 3 within the first 10 or so hours of the game.
latest

latest

latest

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
With all the discussion about Pyra fanservice design, art for another Monolith Soft game:

latest

latest

Xelha and Mizuti, both from the first Baten Kaitos

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
latest

Does Tess count? One of my favorite women in gaming because her character could have been a man and absolutely nothing would have changed. Even her outfit isn't overly "feminine".

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I would classify this series as Ecchi due to the immense amount of sexualized content, so although I'll allow this posting, would prefer no more from this series posted in this thread. Thank you.

That's fan service, the other Yuna is fine, however.
Yeah haha I was replying to that Yuna as a joke

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Elena Fischer from Uncharted
Uncharted4-20.jpg

Jill Valentine have had some really cool costumes throughout the years, and some less so..

Last edited:

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would classify this series as Ecchi due to the immense amount of sexualized content, so although I'll allow this posting, would prefer no more from this series posted in this thread. Thank you.

That's fan service, the other Yuna is fine, however.

The other Yuna shows inside bra though lol.^_^

Also, some series may have really questionable character but also some really great design one too. If u are cutting out a certain series just because some questionable design wont it be fair i think?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
lydia-skyrim.jpg

I'm playing Skyrim for the first time on Switch and Lydia was pretty cool. Though she had a habit of disappearing for twenty minutes at a time, and eventually died in Ustengrav after refusing to step off of a fire trap. RIP Lydia.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The other Yuna shows inside bra though lol.^_^

Also, some series may have really questionable character but also some really great design one too. If u are cutting out a certain series just because some questionable design wont it be fair i think?
Showing their "bra" doesn't mean fan service.

It's not about being fair, this is a challenge thread.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I can't hold all of these censorshipz!

Mian is the best character, male or female, to be introduced to any long running fighting game series in years <3
latest

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ys origin's yunica needs more love; she practically caves in demon skulls while wearing oven mitts
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.