• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
rtujghjats2n.png

See more here : http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/2...ending/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The way it is worded feels like Tabata is pretty much set on creating this "Super Happy Ending". No mention of what was the fan reaction but it is highly unlikely there were a pushback against this idea.

I am extremely glad that Hajime Tabata is expanding on his game with fanfictions of his own.

---

Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
If you make a strong artistic decision, stick with it. Don't chicken out 2 years later, my god.

Last edited:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
is he talking about a game that is still in production and is yet to be finished or? i don't get it

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Why the hell not. I'm still playing through and now theres even more DLC and stuff coming, I'll be making use of the New Game+ and i'm eventually going to get the PC version since It will likely be the definitive version of the game.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Well we already had an alternative ending, and it looks like the "canon" ending is getting expanded further in the Royal Edition, so I'm not surprised.

Also, rip anyone who didn't know FFXV had a "sad" ending.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean multiple endings would've been fine with me. While I'm fine with how it ended, I'm a sap that likes to see it happy as well

Nov 1, 2017
The super happy ending should be everyone breaking out into song, having a curtain call and have all the characters interact in a sort of "developer ending" style.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the ending has no real impact because the chars involved in it are paper thin and there is no rational reason you should feel anything for them.

Forgiven Empathy

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
No thanks, I like the original as is myself. If other fans want to see it though, why not? Won't change the real ending at all being a thing.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
There is so much wrong with the story in FFXV, I don't know if a "happy ending" will fix anything.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I want to see an ending where they all push a car together and it starts. So instead of Stand By Me you play some in-the-mood pop song like Feel It.

Yes Square Enix, that's what your players really want, you're simply out of the vibe

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Ending was probably the best thing about FFXV and you want to ruin it?
Come on, leave it alone.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
We talking Kingdom Hearts 1 happy ending or super dee duper happy ending?

Either way, YES. Please!

Since I'm already entering fanfiction territory, I want
Luna and Noctis alive at the end.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
There is so much wrong with the story in FFXV, I don't know if a "happy ending" will fix anything.

It seems like they're putting a bandaid on everything the fans complained about, instead of looking at the underlying issue (the poor storytelling).

There's nothing wrong with the ending. It's just that some fans didn't care enough about the characters to give a shit about how it ended.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The ending is one of the few things FFXV actually does well story wise...

In fact, the fact that the ending actually lands as well as it does - despite most of the story telling throughout the game being such a mess - speaks to how well executed it already is.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Well we already had an alternative ending, and it looks like the "canon" ending is getting expanded further in the Royal Edition, so I'm not surprised.

Also, rip anyone who didn't know FFXV had a "sad" ending.

It's the only kind of ending Tabata makes. Maybe he took pointers from Yoko Taro.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
NO.

The ending was fucking phenomenal and one of the few times I legit cried while playing a video game. Also, this constant pandering to the fans shits on anything that you could consider "artistic integrity". Stick to what you decided as a dev team, for fuck's sake.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The ending is one of the few things FFXV actually does well story wise...

In fact, the way that the ending actually lands as well as it does despite most of the story telling throughout the game being such a mess speaks to how good it already is...
Exactly.. he's dead set on ruining it. On this day Nomura somewhere in Japan quietly wept.

Status
Not open for further replies.