• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Top-5-Mini-Games-in-Final-Fantasy.jpg

The Golden Saucer will probably debut in the second part of the remake. I feel like it won't really hold up if they do something similar and have better controlling versions of the mini-games in the original. Square Enix already showed interest in VR with FFXV, but this would be a much better fit. I'm going to bet they'll add VR to this part of the game.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I don't see what specifically about this area would lead you to that conclusion, other than 'minigames, ooh lights and music, shooting gallery?'.

FFXV vr was also a joke, but thankfully not an expensive one.

Nov 23, 2017
As long as the mini games don't suck, I'm in. Also, Gold Saucer will be in Game 2 probably so I'm not even concerned unless they add mini games to Midgar. Ooooh G Bike in VR. So in.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
If they just give us a 30 hour part of nothing but golde saucer content this will be the best game of all time

Oct 27, 2017
Bold of you to assume it'll be in Part 2. Don't you know we need to expand the lore of the chocobo ranch?

Also, no thanks to VR minigames.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda just want to be able to look around different environments in VR. It probably wouldn't be too hard to add.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
If they add new games maybe? VR Mog House and unwinnable Rock Paper Scissors doesn't sound that great.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
That would be cool for me, yeah.

But we've already got a couple of "shouldn't be hard" comments in here and I would not at all assume that.

I'm just saying if you nix the characters and maybe NPCs the PS4 can probably handle the backgrounds with animations for VR...but that's just based on my experience with a handful of PSVR games.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just saying if you nix the characters and maybe NPCs the PS4 can probably handle the backgrounds with animations for VR...but that's just based on my experience with a handful of PSVR games.

Honestly though, I think the characters would probably be a bigger deal for most people.

Like accepting flowers from Aeris, or standing in front of Sephiroth while he goes all One-Winged Angel and the orchestra kicks in. Or watching Vincent polish his guns, sit in a side-car while Cloud cycles around Midgar. Or even just standing at ground leve and watching a summon take place in VR would all probably be FFVVII "tourist" experiences that people want.