• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A quote from the First Solider stream that just ended. Figured it was thread worthy as it's the first details we have on Part 2 of the remake. Lock if old.

Oct 29, 2017
Considering the long information droughts for part 1 I don't blame Kitase for being cautious this time.

Can't wait to see more, when they have more to show.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, but I do wonder how their tech will hold up with more open environments considering it already had streaming issues in Midgar.

I really hope it's not a cross-gen title.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Cool, but I do wonder how their tech will hold up with more open environments considering it already had streaming issues in Midgar.

I really hope it's not a cross-gen title.
Yuffie DLC is only next gen so would assume the next part isn't going to be cross gen

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Cloud in an open nature environment...
giphy.gif

I love you nomura

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Nomura interview where he talks about vague stuff. It's like Versus and KH3 all over again.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Nomura wanting to show off a product early is a bad premonition

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
It's be kind of neat if they do open up the game more for Part 2 to allow more freedom instead of such a narrow game. It could capture that same feel of leaving Midgar and realizing how small that part is like in the original.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017

Spoiler heavy trailer IMO but yeah.

interesting things to hear tho, rly looking forward to it.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
We'll most likely get a small CGI tease at the end of Intergrade, with a bigger reveal towards TGS. Summer is going to be the stage of Final Fantasy XVI and XIV Endwalker.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good to see the Nomura hate on this site is still going strong. Keep up the good fight, Era, I'm sure all your work will get him fired someday.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
All I can take from this is that nomura is really excited about the work (good thing) and kitase has learned a bit from the info release process of last cycle and os trying to do things differently (also good). Everything's good so far.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
E3 Bank on It.

I expect a WINDOW of late 2022 and its delayed to early 2023.

E3 Trailee will show then going into the new environment.. open world or big areas lets see...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
E3 Bank on It.

I expect a WINDOW of late 2022 and its delayed to early 2023.

E3 Trailee will show then going into the new environment.. open world or big areas lets see...
What exactly makes you think Squeenix can make a full-fledged Final Fantasy game in only 2-3 years.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
The linearity and some of the filler (though plenty of the added story was *very* good) were the biggest problems with FFVII-R.

I can see Parts 2 and onward really helping with that. The environments are going to lend themselves to more exploration, and they don't have to stretch out the story beats like they did in Part 1 (though, again, a lot of the stretching was good!).

Of course this is all assuming we're getting something that follows the OG game to some degree, which is not guaranteed.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
What exactly makes you think Squeenix can make a full-fledged Final Fantasy game in only 2-3 years.
I think this depends on how much they revamp it vs how much they reuse. The entire XIII trilogy was released in five years. I expect these will be bigger projects, especially since it's not like Midgar architecture and environments can be reused much, but I don't think three years is entirely unreasonable for the next one.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
man all this talk is making me giddy as fuck! right up alley!

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
eh I think PS4 will still be getting games in 2023 which is my guess for release of part 2
It will be getting released in 2023 the same way the PS3 got "releases" in 2016. Sports games and the occasional niche Japanese game. Next-gen versions of games are already outselling its last-gen counterparts, the people who buy a lot of games will all be completely moved to PS5 by then.

CJXVI

Nov 3, 2020
Considering the Yuffie dlc is PS5 only, I don't know why some think Part 2 will be cross-gen.

I'm expecting a 2023 release at the earliest.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds very good to me.

Gotta make it stand out from Part 1 and this will do it.

I hope they leave PS4 behind and make the game with the power of PS5 in mind.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
It will be getting released in 2023 the same way the PS3 got "releases" in 2016. Sports games and the occasional niche Japanese game. Next-gen versions of games are already outselling its last-gen counterparts, the people who buy a lot of games will all be completely moved to PS5 by then.

yes this was my point, I'm not saying Part 2 will be cross gen. I mean, it's obvious it won't be when Intergrade is not.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
it'll be great if part 2 isn't cross gen. the open world experience would be hampered dramatically if they had to get it to run on a ps4

AuthenticM

Son Altesse SƩrƩnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I trust them completely. The only confirmation I need is that Part 2 is running on Unreal Engine 5. That's it. Confirm that and I will have negative worries about Part 2.