• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Forget Noctis's Cup Noodle helmet, let's get Cloud swinging around the fabled Butterfinger Blade.

https://butterfingerff7r.com/

HeaderBanner.png

2 Candy Bars:
Midgar Bangle
A bangle designed in the image of the great city of Midgar (release date: April 10, 2020)
* Also unlocks a Tifa Dynamic PS4 theme.

4 Candy Bars:
Shinra Bangle
A sleek bangle engraved with the Shinra company logo (release date: April 10, 2020)

6 Candy Bars:
Corneo's Armlet
A tacky bangle bearing the Don's mark (release date: April 10, 2020)

8 Candy Bars:
Superstar Belt - A belt declaring one's status as a superstar (release date: April 10, 2020)

10 WHOLE CANDY BARS!:
Mako Crystal
A beautiful crystal imbued with mako (release date: April 10, 2020

There are limited numbers of each "prize" and their estimated retail value is $1.99.

Happy crunching!

we live in hell

Last edited:

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Because when I think of Final Fantasy I think of terrible candy bars and heart disease.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like this game has a lot of this kind of stuff. All the version specific DLC, and these promotions. Was this how it was for FFXV?

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Forget Noctis's Cup Noodle helmet, let's get Cloud swinging around the fabled Butterfinger Blade.

https://butterfingerff7r.com/

HeaderBanner.png

2 Candy Bars:
Midgar Bangle
A bangle designed in the image of the great city of Midgar (release date: April 10, 2020)

4 Candy Bars:
Shinra Bangle
A sleek bangle engraved with the Shinra company logo (release date: April 10, 2020)

6 Candy Bars:
Corneo's Armlet
A tacky bangle bearing the Don's mark (release date: April 10, 2020)

8 Candy Bars:
Superstar Belt - A belt declaring one's status as a superstar (release date: April 10, 2020)

10 WHOLE CANDY BARS!:
Mako Crystal
A beautiful crystal imbued with mako (release date: April 10, 2020

There are limited numbers of each "prize" and their estimated retail value is $1.99.

Happy crunching!

we live in hell
Guess i am buying Crunch bars because the new Butterfinger Recipe is trash

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. The preorder dlc was bad enough... now this? I guess they know they have cash cow on their hands and are prepared to milk it for all it's worth.

And I'm a sucker, so I guess I'm buying some candy.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll just wait for the definitive edition next gen and ignore all these crappy dlc practices. They are milking this SO HARD. It's actually embarrassing.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Fyi to those who haven't had a butterfinger bar in years, they changed the recipe and it's no longer made by nestle. They taste worse now.

Crunch bars all the way baby

OP
OP
Arkeband

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It feels like this game has a lot of this kind of stuff. All the version specific DLC, and these promotions. Was this how it was for FFXV?

I don't remember having to buy random crap like this, instead it was clunky promotional websites with bad flash games.

Dissidia NT had a cup noodle promotion but you only had to buy one, and it gave you a costume for Noctis.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Shoulda had a pizza promo:

Barret:
Huh?
Never expect ta hear that outta someone like you.
...you jes' full of surprises.
The upper world... a city on a plate...
It's 'cuz of that &^#$# 'pizza', that people underneath are sufferin'!
Nobody pizzas like the &^#$# Hut
!

Hell, the mayor of Midgar is Domino.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
So wait.... do I need to buy 2 bars for the Midgar Bangle, then 4 more bars for the Shinra Bangle, then 6 more bars for the Corneo Armlet, etc etc???

That'd be 30 fuckin candybars at almost $3 for each? Come on now bruh

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Have not had a Butterfinger since they changed the way they make them, Chick-O-Stick won that war

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, that's real? I always assumed it was a photoshop. What a random sponsorship.
The way ffxv did it's sponsorships:collabs was they were all in game . Whether it was cup noodles, American Express, the car the outfits or a game event inspired by assassins creed, tomb raider, ffxiv etc. The game was were actually good. The real world sponsors tho....yeaaaa

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I'm came in here to argue that the new butterfinger tastes much better than the old one. The new one actually has some depth to the chocolate and peanut butter.
Ferrero is a much better mass candy maker than Nestle.

I'll buy one Butterfinger and that's it for this promo.

Oct 27, 2017
Fyi to those who haven't had a butterfinger bar in years, they changed the recipe and it's no longer made by nestle. They taste worse now.

Crunch bars all the way baby
In a way, the promotion makes sense between Butterfinger and FF7R when you put it that way. Two peas in a pod. Selling themselves on a name and nostalgia alone while people wonder "why does this taste like ass now?" Fwiw, I actually think the new Butterfinger is a higher quality bar.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i did the Rockstar Destiny 2 thing, (along with the CoD promos, was that Monster i don't remember) and it was "fun" but ultimately pointless.

my biggest contention here is they're tying it behind candy bars. assuming you were like 15 when FF7 came out you probably last bought a candy bar around that time ago, but i dunno

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So wait.... do I need to buy 2 bars for the Midgar Bangle, then 4 more bars for the Shinra Bangle, then 6 more bars for the Corneo Armlet, etc etc???

That'd be 30 fuckin candybars at almost $3 for each? Come on now bruh
No, just up to 10 total. So if you buy 10 bars on a single receipt, you'll probably just get all the items at once.

Also, according to Siliconera, if you buy 2 bars, you get a FF7R Tifa PS4 dynamic theme? That's the only reason I have interest in this promo. No interest in getting free items I can get in-game.

Edit: yup, seems the theme is mentioned on a banner on the official site:

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WAIT!!!!!

They oven roast the peanuts in a Baby Ruth now? How am I only hearing about this now?