• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you really trying to make a connection between a harmless Playstation promotional tie in that saves you money on Playstation games (which heavily implies that this is not a FF7 specific promotion, it's just one of the select games) and in game items locked behind the number of candy bars you buy? Where is the similarity exactly besides FF7 being on the tin?
Kay.

How about the other times Square did this?
prod-detail1.png

I'm sorry I don't feel like missing a couple of bangles is a big deal.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I mean, no it doesn't.

You imagine they do promotions like this explicitly because the sales targets are higher than ever - a direct result of higher game dev costs.

My post wasn't meant to downplay how expensive games are to make. Just how that's usually an excuse used to justify the various DLC practices directed towards the customer.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's a whole in game quest about Cup Noodles

Is there a more embarrassing scene in all of Final Fantasy? You know how if you go to youtube and search up "worst scenes in television" and you'll most likely have that Hawaiian Five-0 subway scene pop up, well this scene deserves to be up there as one of the worst cutscenes in gaming.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go buy a bunch of candy bars because of this and you're all free to hate me for it.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Nestle was bought out by Ferrero. They dialed back the sweetness and made the flavor more even between salty peanuty and sweet. I think the new ones taste fine.
Butterfinger has always been one of my favorite candy bars.
Wait. I don't have to boycott Crunch bars anymore? I used to love those but I dropped them when I found out how shitty Nestle was, is Ferrero more ethical in comparison?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
comparing a single cup noodle, which costs between 28 and 59 cents, and 10 full sized candy bars that are MSRP like $1.40 is extremely disingenuous.

But I think you know that!
Ok? Why do you care? Don't buy them then? I'm probably not getting any more then the two for the Tifa theme. I don't want the rest, so I'm not going to buy it. Amazing how that works.

OP
OP
Arkeband

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
i'm doing my best to avoid howling with laughter at the context of this post lmao

I'm saying that both promos are stupid, but one is egregiously worse than the other.

Your previous reply about physical editions was also completely missing the point. To get that summon and also a physical copy of the game you'd need to spend 140-160 dollars, or be one of the few lucky people to buy an outrageously priced 330 dollar edition.

I get that this stuff doesn't matter to some people but there's no reason to driveby "lol" me.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Well if someone who doesn't want the theme is willing to sell it, I'll happily buy it from them. The rest I just don't really care about.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm saying that both promos are stupid, but one is egregiously worse than the other.

Your previous reply about physical editions was also completely missing the point. To get that summon and also a physical copy of the game you'd need to spend 140-160 dollars, or be one of the few lucky people to buy an outrageously priced 330 dollar edition.

I get that this stuff doesn't matter to some people but there's no reason to driveby "lol" me.
i mean the only thing that makes it stupid is the price of a Cup Noodle vs the price of a candy bar

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
In a way, the promotion makes sense between Butterfinger and FF7R when you put it that way. Two peas in a pod. Selling themselves on a name and nostalgia alone while people wonder "why does this taste like ass now?" Fwiw, I actually think the new Butterfinger is a higher quality bar.
Lol, couldn't have put it better myself.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I have noticed a majority of Era users seem to have a real fuckin problem with Butterfingers and their teeth.

Are your teeth covered in tape? Are they actually tiny hands that grab and hold on to certain foods? Never in my life have I encountered the issues people here seem to have with Butterfingers getting lodged in their teeth for days. Is there a secret other kind of Butterfinger I don't know about that's made from glue, or like a Butterfinger Extra Tacky Now With More Sticky Brittle? All the Butterfingers I've eaten over the past year or two have been very soft and are typically gone from my teeth around the time I finish eating them.

Is the answer me? Do I have super teeth? O:

Edit: Also where the hell are you buying candy bars that are $1.40 each? Round these parts you can usually find deals for BOGO and they're like $1.19 each at most.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I have noticed a majority of Era users seem to have a real fuckin problem with Butterfingers and their teeth.

Are your teeth covered in tape? Are they actually tiny hands that grab and hold on to certain foods? Never in my life have I encountered the issues people here seem to have with Butterfingers getting lodged in their teeth for days. Is there a secret other kind of Butterfinger I don't know about that's made from glue, or like a Butterfinger Extra Tacky Now With More Sticky Brittle? All the Butterfingers I've eaten over the past year or two have been very soft and are typically gone from my teeth around the time I finish eating them.

Is the answer me? Do I have super teeth? O:

Edit: Also where the hell are you buying candy bars that are $1.40 each? Round these parts you can usually find deals for BOGO and they're like $1.19 each at most.
if you're buying them from gas stations or something then they can be that pricey

i personally never see them going over a buck and a quarter unless you're aiming for a king size

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
if you're buying them from gas stations or something then they can be that pricey

i personally never see them going over a buck and a quarter unless you're aiming for a king size
That's a good point, I completely forgot about gas stations or 7-11 because they're so ridiculously expensive there so I just buy candy at the grocery store.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Fyi to those who haven't had a butterfinger bar in years, they changed the recipe and it's no longer made by nestle. They taste worse now.

Crunch bars all the way baby
That makes so much sense. I sense something was wrong during the halloween season but I thought it was just old candy.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Really covering all their bases:

If, for any reason, the Offer is not capable of running as planned, or the integrity and or feasibility of the Offer is severely undermined by any event beyond the control of Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of Sponsor (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to abbreviate, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Offer and/or proceed with the Offer in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will honor requests received up to the time of such cancellation, while supplies last.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Well, only two have to be on each transaction. You can do 5 different transactions of 2 bars each to get the offer for the 10-bar item, or a single transaction of 10 bars.
Also note though, you can only upload one receipt a day. So if you do 5 different transactions you have to upload on 5 different days and may miss the best prize as a result (if they run out).

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
The game is a criticism of capitalism at its core and this is the treatment SE is gonna give it?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
The game is a criticism of capitalism at its core and this is the treatment SE is gonna give it?

ironic, that a game about a massive corporation having a monopoly on a natural resource to the point they're literally sucking the life out of the planet, would partner with nestle products (even if they're apparently not nestle products in the united states anymore)

Oct 25, 2017
TIL Nestle doesn't make the Crunch bar anymore. Which explains the conspicuous absence of their name on a TV ad I saw recently.

I distinctly remember they would clearly brand as "Nestle's Crunch" in the past.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm reading the fine-print on the website right, you have to take a picture of your receipt with the candy on it and text it to a number and then wait for it to be approved? Think I did that on an offer a few years ago. At least this means you don't have to buy specifically marked products. It's often hard to find those as stores won't stock them for awhile.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So if I'm reading the fine-print on the website right, you have to take a picture of your receipt with the candy on it and text it to a number and then wait for it to be approved? Think I did that on an offer a few years ago. At least this means you don't have to buy specifically marked products. It's often hard to find those as stores won't stock them for awhile.
If it's like that, you probably don't have to buy them, you can try sending a random picture to check if it's a fully automated system that just accepts any request(might be better to wait after the release of the game when they have too many submissions and say fuck it) and if it's not, you can print a fake receipt made in Paint, bring to to the nearest supermarket/walmart etc, put the candy bars on the ground with your fake receipt, take a picture with your phone and send that, they have no real way to check if the receipt is real anyway.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Why does it have to be chocolate? My most hated substance in the universe. The smell, the taste, texture, and feel of it.

Eew

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
If it's like that, you probably don't have to buy them, you can try sending a random picture to check if it's a fully automated system that just accepts any request(might be better to wait after the release of the game when they have too many submissions and say fuck it) and if it's not, you can print a fake receipt made in Paint, bring to to the nearest supermarket/walmart etc, put the candy bars on the ground with your fake receipt, take a picture with your phone and send that, they have no real way to check if the receipt is real anyway.
So scam them? Nah, I'm cool buying a couple candy bars lol.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
okay so do you actually need to buy 30 candy bars to get all the stuff or does getting 10 get you all the lower tiers too

the answer may be important to my health