• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

EpicData - Epic Games data tracker

This tool was made to give better insight into the Epic Games Store offers, items and another data.

baeq4AD.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I expect all the big S-E and Sega stuff from now on to come to Epic either as exclusive or just for sale. That said this is when the exclusivity end right?

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
They can't keep getting away with this. There is no way KH did well on Epic and now this? what are you doing Square???

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
They can't keep getting away with this. There is no way KH did well on Epic and now this? what are you doing Square???

I mean, they get paid handsomely by epic I'm sure, then they rake in even more sales once it's out on steam.

from the publishers pov, its a win-win situation.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
This is obviously a mistake. It says right there that the game's title is 'Pineapple QA', which has to be an unannounced title that they forgot to announce at the showcase. Do you think they would lie to us like that about the game's title?

I know. I'm just here to kill CHAOS

Nov 8, 2017
It's plausible, but no point assuming it's exclusive prior to confirmation. All this tells us is that it has an epic store entry.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
No indication of it coming in December. I'm assuming you misread the date it was added to database as 2021? Because it was added in 2020, and the last update to it was in Feb 2021.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Sega just send unsure projects to Epic to get paid for. Doom posting about them is a bit lol.

Unless I'm mistaken, the deal with Total War Troy was so lucrative they weren't at risk for a loss on the project by launching it for free. Who is being doomed here? The consumer? We're already on a delay from the console versions anyway. The bigger game Sega botched was Judgment and it being a Stadia exclusive. We don't even know how long that lasts, but it's already made sure Lost Judgment doesn't launch on PC this fall.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
We shall see. I don't doubt Squeenix would take that deal, but at the same time I don't doubt they'd just release on Steam either.

What's another year of waiting anyway.

Nov 21, 2017
Makes sense for the Japanese publishers to triple dip. Take check from Sony for first on console, second take check from Epic for first on PC, third take check from MS to put game on gamepass.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Probably that's at worst. The exclusivity window come be less than that, like 3-6 months if it is exclusive. I imagine a full year would be the maximum amount most likely?

Kingdom Hearts III has been out 3+ months now and it's still exclusive. That's one to keep an eye on to see what the period is.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
No indication of it coming in December. I'm assuming you misread the date it was added to database as 2021? Because it was added in 2020, and the last update to it was in Feb 2021.

I'm assuming the user is counting the six-month extended exclusivity that was confirmed in an Intergrade trailer.

Nov 17, 2020
Last year I thought I would wait for a PC Release. But when I saw the PS5 quality and the general power of the CPU with 60fps modes I didn't bother waiting for a new GPU.

Saved a ton of money by buying a PS5. That said I will invest in a new PC late 2022 when the new generation of GPUs come out.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
after KH3 it makes sense I guess, wonder if that FF spin off is also gonna be first on Epic

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything that points toward it being an exclusive? (it makes sense and will probably be, I'm just curious if there is actually anything indicating that in the listing)

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Most big games do go to the Epic Store at the same time as Steam so this really doesnt give us much info other than its coming to PC eventually. The only real indicator of exclusivity is that Square Enix love a good money hat in general and we knew that before this leak.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I've already waited a long time for Square Enix to release the game on Steam. Whats another year or so?

Intergrade June-December 2021 PS Exclusivity, then Epic Games Store exclusivity 6-12 months more (June or December 2022), and then wait for a discount on the Steam version. So I'll play it Q3 2022/Q1 2023.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
No surprise considering SE has released KH and soon TWEWY there. It'll probably be exclusive if those games were.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
FF and KH are gigantic mainstream franchises, they will sell gangbusters on steam even a year late.

They wont. FFXV is a mainstream franchise and sold less than Automata. Guess which one released day and date or close to and which one got a delayed release.

The more you delay such a high profile release, the lower sales will be, and at a lower price on top of that.

Those publishers thinking they're making a good deal are just short sighted and misreading the market.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Oh god they're going to release the base game on EGS then release it with the Yuffie DLC a year later on Steam.