• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately, the delay didn't just affect the PS4 release. Twinfinite is reporting that the delay also stands for PC and Xbox players, which lowkey kinda sucks. Still, I have PSO2 to look forward to, but some PS4 players don't. Long story short, timed exclusives kinda blow. Anywho, Link: https://twinfinite.net/2020/02/final-fantasy-vii-ps4-exclusive-2021/

not surprising that the deal is that the game is exclusive for 1 year from the PS4 release

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Read the title quickly and thought the PS4 release had been delayed until next year. I'm not surprised at the PC date, but I would have figured that XBox would come sooner.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
giphy.gif
There was never any mention of Xbox and PC in the article smh.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Misinforming title, especially when the article doesnt mention those platforms. Reported.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Tragic. That's what happens when Sony pays to keep a game away from other players for a year.

DrewM1788

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Would be pretty shitty for SE to take money from Sony for 12 months of exclusivity if they never had any plans to release it on other platforms :)

The title of the thread is making assumptions though. We have no idea when other platforms will be getting FFVIIR. It could be months after 4/10/21. That's just the earliest possible date. Also we don't know which platforms it will come to. It could be only PC, only Xbox, or both.

The title of the thread should have been something like "FFVII Remake PS4 Timed Exclusivity Extended Until April 10th, 2021".

Status
Not open for further replies.