1. Zurick

Zurick
    Member OP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comrades will be removed from Season Pass. Season Pass price being adjusted. More content coming free to Comrades. PC support not continuing.

[​IMG]

Mod edit:

2. I’m going to be super fucking pissed if Episode Ardyn doesn’t release on pc. Square, what the flying fuck.

3. Haee

Haee

Live look at Square Enix HQ:

[​IMG]

4. J75

J75

Yikes. This sucks for PC gamers. Always getting screwed over with Japanese games.

5. Please tell me we are still getting episode Ardyn on pc.
    What the actual fuck Squinix.

6. milad

milad

this is such a bizarre announcement stream, it's a trainwreck. Guys on the stream look really sad too.

7. Fuuuuuck Square if they are seriously not putting out the Ardyn episode on PC. How fucking bad did the game/dlc sell for them to just tell that crowd to go fuck themselves?

8. Zurick

Zurick
    Member OP

[​IMG]

9. Hero Prinny

Hero Prinny

Wow no pc update? Thats whack

10. Balmung421

Balmung421

Does that mean those extended mod tools for pc no longer on the table?

11. Andres

Andres

Comrades was all that interested me about FF15 and it's not getting the update? The fuck?

12. texhnolyze

texhnolyze

But why? Comrades is not even popular at all, and they expect it to sell as a standalone?

13. jrpl

jrpl

That's probably why it was canned

14. How the piss is Squares management this fucking incompetent?

15. Keym

Keym

Pretty much.

16. LukarWuff

LukarWuff

Wait a fucking minute. So PC isn’t getting anything at all after the Comrades update? No Episode Ardyn?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that it’s still coming. Phew.

17. KoolAid

KoolAid

We have a product for people that play on PC, it's called FFXIV

18. devSin

devSin

Most likely.

They could also shut off the online stuff that was recently added in, but who knows at this point.

19. Wolf

Wolf

As someone who bought FFXV on PC for the mod tools, I'm really fucking pissed right now and I'm pretty much done buying any S-E game on PC.

20. As a plus, it is a wayyyyy better game.

21. KillLaCam

KillLaCam

TRRRAAAASSSSSHH

22. Toth

Toth

Ditto.

23. Cameron122

Cameron122

Thought about buying FFXV on pc when the mod tools came out :(

24. Ocean

Ocean

Is there any plan to integrate the episodes into the original campaign fluidly? Or, failing that, any way for a fan mod to achieve this?

I played through the entire game at launch and got the Platinum, but haven’t played any of the DLC. I don’t think I’d be up for a second play through to experience it all if it’s gonna be fragmented though, but I’d pick it up on PC for a “full” (as in, including DLC) campaign if such a thing were possible.

25. Nemesis162

Nemesis162

How is that related to management?

26. JahIthBer

JahIthBer

Seriously fuck this, me & my friends were waiting for the stand alone to get into Comrades, then they just can it? i guess no mod tools now for PC either, say goodbye to that stupid golf mini game.

27. PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Trophies won't be obtainable in the old version. Will they be at least obtainable in the new stand-alone version?

28. Avalon

Avalon

I requested a refund on a game I bought on Apr 13 -- let's see what happens.

29. Atolm

Atolm

All things considered, what a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

30. Koeta

Koeta

wait, I just watched the whole video and they made it sound like the PC version is going to get the content coming out Dec. it just wont be a standalone version of the multiplayer mode on PC.

31. What.

So no level editor, and they're not bothering with solo Comrades? But Ep Ardyn is still coming and in game Comrades will get the future update?

I guess it's a given that Vulkan support, DLSS, and that little hint of RTX Reflections are also not happening.

32. JahIthBer

JahIthBer

I think Vulkan & DLSS will happen in a final patch, but RTX Reflections can say goodbye, likely with the level editor too.

33. why? literally no one cares about comrades

34. Man. PC Monster of the Deep and all of the console festivals (including the ac one) are also never happening.

35. Orbital Edge

Orbital Edge

Between this and SE never patching Nier, this sure is a real good company.

36. PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

What online stuff did they add? i remember the PC version got a special update that added stuff that weren't added to consoles: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-...-online-features-full-release-notes-revealed/

You mean such features?

37. floridaguy954

floridaguy954

You need to update your OP with this information.

38. AshenOne

AshenOne

Probably the sales weren't what they were expecting, also i think releasing the PC version a year or two later hurt the potential PC sales by a lot it seems.

39. Do we know this for a fact? It seems you can play the old version offline using AI partners. I guess downloading the update that removes Comrades from the base game would prevent you from doing this though.

40. LAA

LAA

Yeah this is disappointing. I was really excited about the level mod potential...
    FFXV just got killed mostly really.
    No playable Aranea/Luna (presumably) And not really sure how we're gonna get the story from them now...

41. Yeah. They said in the stream that you'd no longer be able to get the trophies in FFXV.
    They didn't say anything about the standalone version having trophies, or the list being transferred, or even if your saves would carry over though.

42. Massicot

Massicot

Well, I guess this means I can uninstall soonish and get 160GB of my ssd back, lol.

I enjoyed Comrades for what it was. I guess I'll play that when it updates, Ardyn, and then wait for XVI.

43. fertygo

fertygo

This is worse than MGSV debacle if you ask me.. they're this close to give the game "fix" that fans actually excited, and cut it of just like that.

44. I don’t think that’s the situation; I’d hazard that with $33m already spent and only Ardyn nearing completion, the investment in more FFXV content just wouldn’t be financially worthwhile in any and all platforms, collectively. I don’t think the takeaway here is “fuck PC players” specifically, so much as “FFXV has to end forcibly”. I’m not happy, either. :(

45. Niosai

Niosai

Wait, they're taking Comrades away and now charging for it after the fact?

46. Richardi

Richardi

Wait so Ardyn is in, but the other 2 DLCs are cancelled?

47. Lmao at paying separately for a multiplayer component nobody asked for.

Shame, had a bit of fun with it but not enough to pay for it outside of the season pass, c'mon square.

48. Ferrs

Ferrs

If they don't fix loading times on consoles they may as well not release it. Game is barely playable when you have to spend 2 minutes loading each mission.

No. They are splitting Comrades ouf of the season pass. The Season Pass will get a lower price and Comrades will be sold for the same price it had in the Pass. People that have the Season Pass gets this standalone version for free obviously. Nothing really changes.

49. Vashetti

Vashetti

Yo this is some bullshit. I need to grind this out before Standalone releases, can't have XV being forever locked from 100%. Or is the actual Trophy set being patched out of XV?

50. They always charged for it. It was not free DLC.
    If you already own it, the standalone version is free.
    They're basically just segregating it from XV so you can play it without XV and you can't launch it from XV.