• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Yo this is some bullshit. I need to grind this out before Standalone releases, can't have XV being forever locked from 100%. Or is the actual Trophy set being patched out of XV?
You can't remove a trophy set from a game so it's liable they will be locked out unless standalone Comrades somehow is allowed to use the same product IDs on the backend. I wouldn't count on that at all, though.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only the standalone version is canceled, the PC version will still get the new update, it was listed in the same slide the OP took the "production canceled" quote. So fix the title and the OP because it's not true.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they aren't just keeping the integrated version on consoles and allowing crossplay with the standalone.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
This is the full slide pertaining to the PC version:

ff15streamstixz.jpg

It seems there'll be no more development on the single-player side (upcoming expansion aside) but multiplayer will continue to be supported.

Edit: I've edited the OP and title. Feel free to ping me/report the OP if an update is required.

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
What a mess. This is ridiculous. You don't make a stream to announce your project is on flames wtf

Like why are they cancelling the PC stuff? Did the PC version sell badly?

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
What a mess. This is ridiculous. You don't make a stream to announce your project is on flames wtf

Like why are they cancelling the PC stuff? Did the PC version sell badly?
I think that Tabata was one the rare persons to push for the PC version at SE, and since he decided to leave, no one wants to continue its work on the platform (updates, modding tools, contents), hence the cancellation of all future production.

IIRC it sold quite a good number, more than necessary to consider it a success considering the major delay.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
wtf, I don't care much about the story DLC other than misssing on Aranea, but losing the modding tools would be utter bullshit.

Seems to go hand in hand with what I recently said in another topic ( battlefield V ), ff15 getting modding support was pretty much all on Tabata, not having someone passsionate about it pushing for it, high in the food chain, is why we don't see it it most games.

Sadly it seems it didn't mean passionate enough to follow through until all is accomplished.... without much more info it makes me wonder if I should feel the same way about it as I did about Dean Hall leaving Dayz project.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This was the fucking most crappy and punch in the gut stream I have ever personally witnessed. I'm destroyed over this. My love for this game was real and I really did hope they would fix it. Man, it's all gone just in a flash. All the potential of the characters is going BYE BYE.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who bought FFXV on PC for the mod tools, I'm really fucking pissed right now and I'm pretty much done buying any S-E game on PC.
I've put in over 300 hours on 2 different consoles and still bought the Windows Edition and a new GPU for XV, just because they promised those extensive mod possibilities. I'm furies right now. Fuck SE.

Oct 25, 2017
out of curiosity, what happens to trophies or achievements?? will the system take both products as separate games with separate % bars or are they still in the original FFXV pack?

Unknown. It kinda sounds like the Comrades trophies in XV will just become forever unobtainable though with how they said it. So if you don't already have 100% by December 12th, you never will.
The standalone version will likely have all the same trophies but a separate list. Maybe some extra trophies for the new update content, and a platinum even.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unknown. It kinda sounds like the Comrades trophies in XV will just become forever unobtainable though with how they said it. So if you don't already have 100% by October 12th, you never will.
The standalone version will likely have all the same trophies but a separate list. Maybe some extra trophies for the new update content, and a platinum even.
Why? You can play Comrades as you want, and get trophies while playing it. Well, if you find people to play with, of course.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Is this what was announced at the stream? So they set a stream almost exactly 2 years after the game launched to announce everything ut the multiplayer (and Ardyn) is cancelled? That's comically inept.

EDIT; oh Christ and Tabata's gone too. What a shitshow.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they even canceled the mod stuff. Shit, Tabata was the one pushing the incentive here. It's a shame. They should have at least followed through with the level editor.

SE made a mistake there I think, as the mod tools were probably what would carry this game's sales in PC into the future.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Do they specifically mention mod tools support being canned?

What I'm reading from the slides sounds like they canned the standalone Comrades on PC, not everything.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Sucks that PC version wont get the new content for Comrades :(

I guess I'll get the Comrades standalone when on sale on PS4.

I dont mind getting the Season pass on PS4 but damn man, they need to put it on sale! lol

Also its sad that Ardyn will be the last DLC (unless I'm mistaken?).

This sucks though, I wanted more DLC :( - I guess its time for me to buy the PC version sooner than later.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I think that Tabata was one the rare persons to push for the PC version at SE, and since he decided to leave, no one wants to continue its work on the platform (updates, modding tools, contents), hence the cancellation of all future production.

IIRC it sold quite a good number, more than necessary to consider it a success considering the major delay.
Nah when steam numbers leaked it was at 500k. Ever sonce then its been 3 times at half price. Not a good sign.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
tabata was the one who wanted pc stuff harder than the entire rest of japan combined

worst thing it could happen for pc players is him leaving

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I hope so. They said in the stream that you wouldn't be able to get the Comrades trophies in XV anymore, but maybe they meant the XV client.
They also never confirmed being able to carry your save over, but I assume you can.

Motherfuckers better do it, grinded so much to get the XV char skins.

Although who I'm kidding, no one is going to play this shit either way.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I never got why Comrades wasn't stand alone anyway, on PC for example, most people don't even know it exists because it's hidden in another menu, on Consoles at least you probably knew it came with the Season Pass.
Why do you make these decisions Square, why.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Motherfuckers better do it, grinded so much to get the XV char skins.

Although who I'm kidding, no one is going to play this shit either way.
Nah, I believe saves will still work and the trophy list will be the same of the current one, so nothing is lost.
The real problem is, considering the multiplayer was DEAD already before the Ifrit patch, no one will be able to see the new contents if the AI still sucks like it used to do. Doing stuff like Ifrit with bots isn't doable.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Square enix is my blizzard. Half the time they make my favorite games of all time, the other have they are purely incompetent. Nier automata came out last year, tied for my favorite game if all time, this year we get this mess and the quiet man.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I believe saves will still work and the trophy list will be the same of the current one, so nothing is lost.
The real problem is, considering the multiplayer was DEAD already before the Ifrit patch, no one will be able to see the new contents if the AI still sucks like it used to do. Doing stuff like Ifrit with bots isn't doable.

Yeah, I stopped just before Ifrit because no one was playing and the bots were terrible even for the pre-Ifrit battles, let alone that one. And this was when the update launched...

Honestly, they should have make this free to play, with putting weapons or character skins to buy. This and of course fixing the load times.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I stopped just before Ifrit because no one was playing and the bots were terrible even for the pre-Ifrit battles, let alone that one. And this was when the update launched...

Honestly, they should have make this free to play, with putting weapons or character skins to buy. This and of course fixing the load times.
Yeah, making it f2p would be the right thing to do, just put a small team on working on skins and sell those but at least the core game is free and it would be playable for everyone. I played the base Comrades on console, and it was very hard already when the game launched to find matches. Later I played it on PC, it was even worse, when the Ifrit content patch released no one was playing the game anymore, the AI is just retarded and it's totally useless in the game, they should just rebalance it to make those missions beatable on solo. Also the difficulty spike from other missions to Ifrit is just INSANE, because the level gap you need to fill is just massive from one mission to another, it's straight up bad design, considering the other missions were all pretty easy, but than you reach the "new" content and you are forced to grind for an infinite amount of time. I presume the new 10 bosses (which again are just bosses you faced into the sp game) will be the same.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Square enix is my blizzard. Half the time they make my favorite games of all time, the other have they are purely incompetent. Nier automata came out last year, tied for my favorite game if all time, this year we get this mess and the quiet man.
Far as i recall they published quiet man as psrt od their s-e collective line they didnt develop it, or did they?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018

That's what i thought, Comrades as a F2P game could have been a hit, it's a pretty good Monster Hunter clone at it's core, would have been a good advertisement for FFXV as well, people who tried Comrades & liked it could pick up XV.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, making it f2p would be the right thing to do, just put a small team on working on skins and sell those but at least the core game is free and it would be playable for everyone. I played the base Comrades on console, and it was very hard already when the game launched to find matches. Later I played it on PC, it was even worse, when the Ifrit content patch released no one was playing the game anymore, the AI is just retarded and it's totally useless in the game, they should just rebalance it to make those missions beatable on solo. Also the difficulty spike from other missions to Ifrit is just INSANE, because the level gap you need to fill is just massive from one mission to another, it's straight up bad design, considering the other missions were all pretty easy, but than you reach the "new" content and you are forced to grind for an infinite amount of time. I presume the new 10 bosses (which again are just bosses you faced into the sp game) will be the same.

That's what i thought, Comrades as a F2P game could have been a hit, it's a pretty good Monster Hunter clone at it's core, would have been a good advertisement for FFXV as well, people who tried Comrades & liked it could pick up XV.

Make Comrades F2P. Put the already done Aranea, Iris, Noct...etc skins as paid (say, 9€ a pop). Release, next update put Cindy and rest of XV characters, also FF outfits. Hell, they can keep doing updates porting characters from other games like Lightning and such... I dunno, I think shit writes itself. There's more profit to be had this way IMO, especially when you go full FF nostalgia.

No one is going to buy this especially when now XV is such a dead game after today's funeral stream.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Make Comrades F2P. Put the already done Aranea, Iris, Noct...etc skins as paid (say, 9€ a pop). Release, next update put Cindy and rest of XV characters, also FF outfits. Hell, they can keep doing updates porting characters from other games like Lightning and such... I dunno, I think shit writes itself. There's more profit to be had this way IMO, especially when you go full FF nostalgia.

No one is going to buy this especially when now XV is such a dead game after today's funeral stream.
Now those are good ideas, however i think the Quiet man is a better investment, who are we to question Square Enix management?

Oct 25, 2017

lol. I soloed the level 99 Ifrit fight. My companions were underleveled and died within the first few minutes and I did the rest by myself. Still had a food left over too.
Now Level 99 Bahamut and a few of the defense missions are really problematic without help.
I also did all of the original release content including Bahamut with bots.

The new content will bring people back for a couple weeks at least, so, take advantage of that lol.

Perona

Oct 31, 2017
Just uninstalled this. Literally only kept it installed because I was waiting for the mod tools since it released. This is ridiculous.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Just uninstalled this. Literally only kept it installed because I was waiting for the mod tools since it released. This is ridiculous.
Im pissed too, but it was only a level editor, we wouldn't have been able to do too much with it. That golf mini game was the best you would get out of it.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching the stream... they said the pc version won't get a standalone release for comrades, but will receive the updates free of charge (the 10 bosses, costumes, etc) on dec 12 or 13.

Edit: wait a sec... are they saying we won't get episode ardyn on PC???

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I was watching the stream... they said the pc version won't get a standalone release for comrades, but will receive the updates free of charge (the 10 bosses, costumes, etc) on dec 12 or 13.

Edit: wait a sec... are they saying we won't get episode ardyn on PC???
Episode Ardyn IS getting a PC release. But they're discontinuing single player development on PC after that...whatever that means.