• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to have to buy another SSD for this game. The 250 GB drive I have is not going to cut it.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
How's the Windows Store version going to have mods? Some folder in your Documents it reads, or something along those lines? Anyone doing modding will probably need the Steam/Origin version anyway, to access the games files.

I'm going to guess that it probably won't. Maybe Square will do some kind of curated thing you could download right from the game but that seems like a lot of work for something that is only going to sell a few copies.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping it's the Platinum Demo since that's Canon to the story(but not too important)
Eh, nah. It was neat, but felt more like a tech demo than anything. The most important thing in it was Carbuncle, and even that isn't very important.

This sounds like the Judgment Disc demo more than anything else, which is probably for the best.

OP
OP
Ishiro

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Eh, nah. It was neat, but felt more like a tech demo than anything. The most important thing in it was Carbuncle, and even that isn't very important.

This sounds like the Judgment Disc demo more than anything else, which is probably for the best.
I'm still baffled they never released that outside of the Japanese store...

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
steam gets gordon freeman, ms store gets free, cheap to buy items and a hacked sword and origin gets a decal of prompto to put in your car you barely use

they really made choosing where to buy your FFXV pc version easy here

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have to buy another SSD for this game. The 250 GB drive I have is not going to cut it.

I dread the thought of finding out how much I would need to spend to have all the games I play atleast somewhat regularly on a SSD, I'm currently running everything off a 2TB mechanical drive with a 2TB spare.

On the demo itself, I look fowrard to it! :D Hopefully it has a fully option-menu for graphics settings.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
curious about this too. if anything, i'll just use it as a new benchmark.
Yeaaa cause if it doesnt I'll just download it to see how it runs and delete it. Dont want to play the same chapter again once the game officially comes out.

Someone with twitter ask them if the save will transfer :eyes:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Do you only get that Half Life pack if you purchase directly on Steam? So no go for third party retailers like GMG and cdkeys?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
steam gets gordon freeman, ms store gets free, cheap to buy items and a hacked sword and origin gets a decal of prompto to put in your car you barely use

they really made choosing where to buy your FFXV pc version easy here
MS also gets cross play and cross save with XBO version.

But Steam is the best choice since they'll get mods first.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure the mods off Steam thing was a "there's gonna be mods we can't control and they'll be usable, just not easily browseable" Aka lewd mods.

Origin will be able to use the mods due to basically being the same thing, but each mod would need to be specifically created for the Win 10 version and that's not really gonna happen (and likely might not be able to happen)

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the mods off Steam thing was a "there's gonna be mods we can't control and they'll be usable, just not easily browseable" Aka lewd mods.

Origin will be able to use the mods due to basically being the same thing, but each mod would need to be specifically created for the Win 10 version and that's not really gonna happen (and likely might not be able to happen)
depends on the mods. Minecraft W10 edition can use mods, just not the most complicated ones like shader packs. could be just a matter of having a specific folder to load them.

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
k2xJtx2.gif

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping they ironed out the performance bugs from the benchmark. It nearly turned me off of the PC version in general - the stuttering especially was ridiculous. I'm hoping to be able to use this as a way to decide whether or not I'll bother picking up this port.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope, RAM and GPUs are still fucked.

Guess I'm hosed then. I could probably play it at 1080p, but I'd prefer 4K with HDR like the consoles.

I still need to decide whether to just get the Royal ugprade for my PS4 copy or start over with an XB1X replay. It sounds like the Royal Edition is going to transform several parts of the game from start to finish, which prompts a full replay.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
If you had told me years ago that the only way we'd see an HD render of Gordon Freeman was in a FF game I wouldn't have believed you.......

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm hosed then. I could probably play it at 1080p, but I'd prefer 4K with HDR like the consoles.

I still need to decide whether to just get the Royal ugprade for my PS4 copy or start over with an XB1X replay. It sounds like the Royal Edition is going to transform several parts of the game from start to finish, which prompts a full replay.
Yeah you'd have to splurge a lot if you wanted to play it at better than console settings on PC.

betelgeuzah

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
SE still stuck in the 90's with these demos /smh

And I say this as a big fan of the franchise. They've still got some ancient relics up in the executive chain, that's for sure.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I've been in the process. Steam's Big Picture mode has a "disk management" menu that sorts your games by their filesize and which drive their on, that makes it much easier. I recommend starting from the bottom up, those little games add up.

How's the Windows Store version going to have mods? Some folder in your Documents it reads, or something along those lines? Anyone doing modding will probably need the Steam/Origin version anyway, to access the games files.
Same way as steam? This game has mod support by the developer and that's completely possible on the win store.

Doctor Shatner

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ooo, as someone with an XB1 copy of the game, tempted by the windows store version for cross-save and multi with Xbox users...

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SE still stuck in the 90's with these demos /smh

And I say this as a big fan of the franchise. They've still got some ancient relics up in the executive chain, that's for sure.

Yes, everything old is bad. FFS, Square is doing something other developers should do more often. It also gives pirates one less excuse to download the game illegally.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"Is it possible to make Punished Noctis even cooler somehow?"

"How about he just beats the shit out of people with a crowbar instead of a sword?"

"...Yes."

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
OH. MY. GOD. The Half-Life pack looks really cool, but the demo is wonderful news! Hopefully, more graphics tweaking will be present so we can get a better idea of how this thing will actually run!

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool for them to release a demo. I'm going to skip though due to me wanting to avoid spoilers and go into the full game fresh.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Maybe the user thought the steam workshop was mandatory. Hell I doubt the best ones will even be uploded there, they'll be on Nexus or somewhere.
But even so, the quote is about allowing the client to freely open mods from everywhere, so likely you throw them at one directory and the game applies the mod for mods outside steam workshop.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Same way as steam? This game has mod support by the developer and that's completely possible on the win store.

Maybe the user thought the steam workshop was mandatory. Hell I doubt the best ones will even be uploded there, they'll be on Nexus or somewhere.

I'm asking how mods will work when you can't (easily) access, modify, and replace game files. There'd have to be a folder outside the game's directory to put the files in that the game would look through, something I can't think of real-world examples for.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm asking how mods will work when you can't (easily) access, modify, and replace game files. There'd have to be a folder outside the game's directory to put the files in that the game would look through, something I can't think of real-world examples for.
They probably won't for the W10 version until actual modding tools come out sadly.