• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon

Next Monday, on 26th February, a free playable demo for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will be available to download! It will be available on your digital platform of choice (Steam, Origin and/or Microsoft Store) and will contain the entirety of Chapter 1. Not only will you be able to fully explore the tutorial and enjoy the opening main quests but you will also be able to test your PC to see how well FFXV Windows Edition will run on it and how high you will be able to push the graphics options.
FFXV Windows Edition will be released on 6th March 2018 and you can pre-order/pre-purchase and find the playable demo (once it is released on Monday) via the store pages below:

Steam | Origin | Microsoft Store
Also important:
DWpTrEeVMAAGy6j.jpg:large

From Wario64. Looks like the Windows 10 version will get cross save and cross play in a post update.
Update on Denuvo:
http://store.steampowered.com//eula/637650_eula_0?eulaLang=english

SE put up the EULA for the Windows Edition on Steam - no mention of Denuvo, so people can finally stop worrying about this.

Last edited:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Retro video game character Gordon Freeman

Ask your parents, they probably remember him

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fucks sake now I have to get it.

Do I still get those if I buy the key from sites like Nuuvem?

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. We buy a windows edition game through steam? Do I have to use the windows store? Does it launch through steam?

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
This will probably be more accurate of a benchmark than the actual benchmark was. Will download for testing purposes.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow a PC demo huh?

Well, you can't say Squeenix hasn't been promoting the shit out of this game. It's nice to see them being this serious about the PC market. Maybe by the time we get the next major FF release it will be a simultaneous release.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
DWpTrEeVMAAGy6j.jpg:large

From Wario64. Looks like the Windows 10 version will get cross save and cross play in a post update.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, I get that Gordon Freeman pack with my preorder on GMG.
And yessss, a demo! Can't wait to run this on my 1080 that came in the mail today! :D

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Next Tabata project. Half Life 3 guys!

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL at people waiting for half life 3 and now they got 5 times that with Half Life XV. Lol at microsoft instead of offering half life they are offering full life with 10 Phoenix down, now I know which version is superior...

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, I get that Gordon Freeman pack with my preorder on GMG.
And yessss, a demo! Can't wait to run this on my 1080 that came in the mail today! :D
Same. Getting my from GMG as well and hope that allows for the extras.

I really need to start deleting some games off Steam to make room for this. I have so many games still installed that I haven't touch in over a year. I just know though as soon as I uninstall a desire to play will appear and I don't want to go out and buy another hard drive if I can help it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What the hell lol. I don't know why this is so surprising to me after the Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed stuff that's been in the series.

Totally in. I wish my Xbox save would work on the Steam version, but I'm never upset at an excuse to play the game from start to finish yet again. Also looking forward to the demo next week, hopefully that gives a better idea of performance than the benchmark did.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that it'll have a Origin AND W10 store version.
Steam will have workshop support though, so it's the best version.
Apparently mods will not be exclusive to Steam Workshop only; from the other day:
"We are planning on Steam Workshop support, and we're also planning on a system without it so players can share mods outside of Steam... We haven't got a dedicated monitoring team at Square Enix, so we may check the mods that go up on Steam Workshop but anything outside Steam we'll leave free."

Shida added, presumably in case players were worried about even just the Steam versions being vetted:

"We don't want to limit people, or the way they play, as much as possible... One of the big philosophies behind the creation of the Windows Edition was to increase the freedom of players to play Final Fantasy XV in the way they want to play the game... We'll leave it free."

We also asked about when Mod Support would be available for Final Fantasy XV. Only the fun mod revealed for turning NPCs into Cactuars and a reskin of player character Noctis's weapons will be available at launch, the rest will come later. Kenichi Shida told us:

"Going forward we're going to add a lot more different modding options, and a specific modding tool. Just seeing the reaction from the community to the Cactuar skins really reaffirmed our belief that players are excited for mods... It won't be a big gap, we intend to be prompt in releasing new skins and upgrades going forwards."

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
LOL at people waiting for half life 3 and now they got 5 times that with Half Life XV. Lol at microsoft instead of offering half life they are offering full life with 10 Phoenix down, now I know which version is superior...
Well Microsoft is offering cross play and cross save with the Xbox One version so there's that.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I'm in.
And good news about mods not being exclusive to Steam, man I hope FFXV reaches great heights from the modding scene.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Screw the half life promo, I need one to come with a new M.2 SSD. Wonder what they'd call that edition?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Getting my from GMG as well and hope that allows for the extras.

I really need to start deleting some games off Steam to make room for this. I have so many games still installed that I haven't touch in over a year. I just know though as soon as I uninstall a desire to play will appear and I don't want to go out and buy another hard drive if I can help it.
I've been in the process. Steam's Big Picture mode has a "disk management" menu that sorts your games by their filesize and which drive their on, that makes it much easier. I recommend starting from the bottom up, those little games add up.
Apparently mods will not be exclusive to Steam Workshop only; from the other day:
How's the Windows Store version going to have mods? Some folder in your Documents it reads, or something along those lines? Anyone doing modding will probably need the Steam/Origin version anyway, to access the games files.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Wow a PC demo huh?

Well, you can't say Squeenix hasn't been promoting the shit out of this game. It's nice to see them being this serious about the PC market. Maybe by the time we get the next major FF release it will be a simultaneous release.
Square Enix has a good track record with PC releases for the past few years. Is Nixxes helping with this port as well?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the demo comes with the fixed LoD Culling and all those issues which plagued the benchmark. Would be a better indicator of the final game's performance on my machine.