• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Turom

Apr 14, 2021
France
Roughly translated it says:
"Nobody said a word that the PC version will be released. So I'm going to buy PS5."

If someone can translate it more accurately I'll update it, here's the source:

https://gamestalk.net/post-183743/

View: https://twitter.com/tka24/status/1612426149577240576

I believe some official FFXVI trailer/media had a *Also available on PC so it's a bit confusing..

EDIT: better translation

View: https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1612447645087457290

Last edited:

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is more of a jokey hint hint type of answer given the way he answered it too

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Unless there is something more to that quote, I think you're doing some heavy lifting there tbh

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Hard to tell with the translation but that definitely feels like a "we have no plans" sort of answer, which should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I think he's just joking around about not being able to say anything. There will definitely be a PC version at some point, likely at that 6 month point

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
IF this somehow was actually true (and I don't believe it is) then I guess I'll just watch Max stream it. Literally pointless for me to buy a PS5 when I have a PC which is better. I hate Sony first party games.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
how is it a rumor if the trailer itself says its only a temporary exclusive. cant be more confirmed than this, at least thats its coming at some point.

OP
OP
Turom

Turom

Apr 14, 2021
France

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like he's doing the NDA mandated "there is only a PS5 version" thing. It's just they let it split by accident in the early trailer that it was captured from the PC version thus confirming as PC version is (or at least was) in development.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be pre-emptively booking time off exactly six months after the PS5 release, but I still get the vibe it will release soonish after the fact.

Best to assume it will be nine months or more. Even though I just know someone will make a thread on 22 December asking "Where's FFXVI PC!!??" like with FFVIIR.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Typical PR talk, we all know it's coming to PC, be it 6, 12 or 18 months after PS5...

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
tenor.gif

Megustaelmate

Sep 4, 2022
Hard to tell with the translation but that definitely feels like a "we have no plans" sort of answer, which should always be taken with a pinch of salt.
Lol it's kinda obvious its ps5 marketting which is fine. We all know its coming to pc as they have all done at some point. Lets hope.its not an egs exclusive though. But its coming for sure.

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
I mean we all know it's coming out after 6 months for pc. It's literally in the last trailer lol

View: https://youtu.be/wvunu2e29tc

"Not available for other platforms till 12.31.2023".
Don't think they mean the Ouya 😅. Ofc he can't say it directly.

The bigger question is whether it will also come out for xbox with pc or later?

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not exactly 6 months after the PS5 version, but I feel spring 2024 could be a good moment to release it. We'll see, there's also Rebirth coming in that timeframe (winter/spring).

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I mean we all know it's coming out after 6 months for pc. It's literally in the last trailer lol

Tbf, the FF7R had similar wording iirc but the PC version did take longer to come out than the original timeframe given of a year

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

Until SE accept exclusivity for the DLC which then also extends the exclusivity on the original game another 6 months.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
One day SE will realize what other Japanese publishers did and start using full potential of multiplatform release for FF games, one day. Until then they can lose money on their precious NFT ventures and question why FF is not selling that well outside of PlayStation.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
He's probably just saying that 6 months might be a little too early and they'll need more time to port the game on PC

I'll get the PS5 version anyway, can't wait even a day longer to play this game

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I guess I didn't realize this was a timed exclusive on PS5 at all. That's pretty disappointing; guess I'll have to wait to play it later.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
One day SE will realize what other Japanese publishers did and start using full potential of multiplatform release for FF games, one day. Until then they can lose money on their precious NFT ventures and question why FF is not selling that well outside of PlayStation.

True. Why would customers trust their time and money on SE products when they prioritize NFTs and one plastic box? Our household will just keep ignoring their stuff on every platform until they actually improve day-1 availability.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
If it were another game, I would've taken it more seriously but the reveal trailer literally showed it as a console exclusive with a PC mention. An honest mistake at that but regardless if it doesn't extend exclusivity like FF7r, it should come around 6 months later unless SE is stupid and further delays the PC version cause time is money and launch sales have less and less of a potential as the date moves further away from its actual launch.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Title: "Yoshida dismisses rumors"
Subject: Yoshida essentially saying "We haven't announced a PC version"

Those don't line up.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
In agreement with others that this just sounds like him not wanting to say anything about it this early. Usually their pc ports haven't really had that much fanfare till they're pretty close to release, which yeah, won't be that soon due to exclusivity.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't release exactly after a 6 month period tbh. Even if it was supposed to be, maybe it was changed/payed for by Sony to be longer.

Everything's possible, which is why I'm buying this on PS5 and double dip at some point if they don't fuck up the port. Wouldn't be the first Final Fantasy with a shitty PC port.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
True. Why would customers trust their time and money on SE products when they prioritize NFTs and one plastic box? Our household will just keep ignoring their stuff on every platform until they actually improve day-1 availability.

They release a lot of stuff I like, that's why I keep trusting them :p keep the games coming and I will be happy.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Do you guys not have PS5s???

But yeah, this is probably a dressed-up non-comment, ultimately.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
He's probably not allowed to talk about any potential ports of unreleased products via some contract or another so this is just a nothingburger

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I think the only time PC version was mentioned was from the reveal trailer during PS5 stream and they already edit that out for the subsequent uploads so it was more of a mistake on someone's part and not really an official confirmation.

So I guess he's technically not wrong. They didn't say anything about releasing it on PC, just that it won't be available on other platforms until 12.31.2023 lol.

Nov 28, 2017
I refuse to believe SONY paid for more than 6 months - a year, and SE not leveraging that time in $$$. Should have been normal outing, after how VIIR performed in unit sales.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
SE is the most greedy company out there, that's for sure.

They always try to get some anti-consumer deal out of any relevant game, if it's a big JRPG they will try to deal with Sony, if it's a smaller 2D HD game they will try it with Nintendo, we have even cases like Octopath Traveller 1 that is available on Switch, PC, Xbox and not PS because surely MS paid for the Xbox port and the Gamepass deal.

And of course for the PC version they will try to make it Epic Games Store exclusive to get more money and deliver the most barebones port (like with FF VIIR).

Sometimes I wonder if their games don't seel enough to justify being a decent publisher and publishing their games on all systems day one as the players want.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

As long as Sony is paying big for that exclusivity to make up the difference, I doubt they ever will.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if business-wise there's a 6 month exclusivity window, but that doesn't mean the game can just release on PC then. They'll be focusing on the PS5 version and porting games is a fuckton of work.

Reminder that FFXIV was supposed to be on Xbox, but it isn't because Yoshi-Ps team is literally too busy.

Porting games isn't easy.