2030 engine regulations should...

• more battery, more harvesting, more more more

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • the full Domenicali. No hybrid, no turbo. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • The half domenicali. No hybrid, keep the turbos. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 52 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 28, 2017
nintchdbpict000408848964.webp

Yup. Looks about right.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
Genuinely stunned that 44% say leave it alone. It's been shit for years.
the problem is and always will be these overly large and heavy cars to me. Monaco has been this way for decades, the track hasn't changed for decades apart from some minor adjustments.

Monaco was no more or less exciting when Senna was able to keep Mansell behind him with destroyed tires. If that happened today we'd have a bunch of people saying "omg Monaco so bad you can't even overtake a broken car" and yet it's remembered as one of the most exciting fights of that era.
The issue is that these cars being the way they are even driving close to each other they look like ships running through the Suez Canal
I'm saving my anger and frustrations about F1 on where the car regulations are heading instead of race tracks.

Last edited:

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
best part of this race every year is crofty desperately trying to convince anyone that monaco is exciting

Kubuh

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
More than 8 seconds slower per lap than in Q.
Smaller, lighter cars, refueling and tyres that don't need to be babysat for eternity would at least make people need to go a bit quicker. If they had to push there'd at least be a risk of making mistakes, but this way we won't have anything happen unless the mediums die completely for someone by the end.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
More than 8 seconds slower per lap than in Q.
Smaller, lighter cars, refueling and tyres that don't need to be babysat for eternity would at least make people need to go a bit quicker. If they had to push there'd at least be a risk of making mistakes, but this way we won't have anything happen unless the mediums die completely for someone by the end.
They really need to just mandate the tyres to all be used once.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Maybe they should have cars that can be refuelled mid-race and only have refuelling in places like Monaco and possibly Hungary.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Now the F1 TV commentators are going deep into Lewis' move to Ferrari. I don't even recall a segue. It was just sort of like "can we talk about something more interesting?"

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
The red flag in lap 1 robbed us of actual pit stops and now we have Russell and Tsunoda in full management mode. The slower the better. It is, in fact, poor form that Tsunoda is not 20 seconds behind Hamilton at this point.
Sure I get that, but he's on the hards. How are they not cold at this speed.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Just during this race make the fastest lap worth 30 points no matter what position you have.

Jun 9, 2023
I've been a 'fan' of this sport since I started watching around ~2000, back in the Schumacher/Hakkinen era. Perhaps this is just a rose-tinted glasses thing, but this feels like possibly the worst state the sport has been in for quite some time. It's nothing but sitting behind someone until a DRS pass takes place, or something weird happens on track with the weather or whatnot. The cars are just so mechanically and aerodynamically fragile, they just can't 'race' each other.

The cars are technically and mechanically amazing.... at running quali laps, not racing each other.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
on f1 tv they're talking about how everyone is trying to go slower than each other right now... it's like an anti-race

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
Lewis has to close the gap to Max so Red Bull won't pit immediatly after. Gotta be within a second and have a fast one