2030 engine regulations should...

• more battery, more harvesting, more more more

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • the full Domenicali. No hybrid, no turbo. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • The half domenicali. No hybrid, keep the turbos. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 52 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if what would be a 10's penalty now needs to be a drive through. Some of these time penalties are no longer a deterrent.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Just looked at the onboards of KMag on lap 6. Hulkenberg really did cut the chicane right in front of him in exactly the same way he did, yet it wasn't even investigated. You would imagine because Haas isn't going to complain over their own driver.

To me it just shows the lack of consistency that FIA is well known for.
More because Hulk and Magnussen weren't fighting over a position, since the penalty is for going off track and gaining a lasting advantage.

Oct 28, 2017
More because Hulk and Magnussen weren't fighting over a position, since the penalty is for going off track and gaining a lasting advantage.

Teammates can fight over positions, so I don't think that should matter honestly. Rules should be applied equally. KMag was as close to Hulk and Hamilton was to him.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
40/60 Hamilton/Stroll. Alonso gave Hamilton enough space for them to avoid hitting each other if Stroll didn't turn in on Alonso.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
40/60 Hamilton/Stroll. Alonso gave Hamilton enough space for them to avoid hitting each other if Stroll didn't turn in on Alonso.
Honestly don't see how you can blame Stroll in the slightest there. He left way more than a car width of room on the inside, it's just that Alonso had to go deeper than he wanted to in his attempt to avoid Hamilton colliding with him.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
You know what, just watched the replay and the Aston's collided before Ham arrived at the scene.
Had they not collided, Ham would have had a clean run through that corner.
Fight me.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if what would be a 10's penalty now needs to be a drive through. Some of these time penalties are no longer a deterrent.

The problem is 10 seconds is so much time (especially in a sprint) that once you get one your race is ruined regardless. So at that point you lose all incentive to do anything but help your team however possible. Drive through penalties would help that, sure, but then you're talking 20 seconds for what was a 5 second penalty a year ago.

You know what, just watched the replay and the Aston's collided before Ham arrived at the scene.
Had they not collided, Ham would have had a clean run through that corner.
Fight me.

It's been discussed to death but Alonso had to stay left to avoid Hamilton, who had taken way too much speed into the corner. If Alonso had stayed on his line he would have avoided Stroll but Hamilton would have crashed into the back of him. It's obvious when you watch the onboards.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I re-watched a few of the onboards from Hamiltons perspective and Hulks and KMags and I would be very shocked if Alonso actually saw Hamilton coming - he was already way far off to the left when Hamilton was still behind Hulk and very far to the right. I doubt Alonso could even see him at that stage as it's been said these mirrors basically look directly behind you.

That said Hamilton clearly carries way too much speed into the corner so even if Stroll didn't drive into Alonso then Hamilton would have driven into someone.

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
Magnussen should get some penalty points for getting so many penalties in just 19 laps. Really poor driving standards.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I re-watched a few of the onboards from Hamiltons perspective and Hulks and KMags and I would be very shocked if Alonso actually saw Hamilton coming - he was already way far off to the left when Hamilton was still behind Hulk and very far to the right. I doubt Alonso could even see him at that stage as it's been said these mirrors basically look directly behind you.

That said Hamilton clearly carries way too much speed into the corner so even if Stroll didn't drive into Alonso then Hamilton would have driven into someone.

You can see it here

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
F1 camera crews milking that Newey nameplate shot for everything it's worth. I'm already tired of it and the race hasn't even started yet.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
There is some truth to what Humanity is saying, at the moment Alonso looked in the mirror it was only the Haas that was right behind him - however we can't assume Alonso, the most prolific mirror-user on the grid, was only aware of the Haas. He clearly avoided taking the inside line and was aware enough of someone coming up the inside to leave the lane open.

Going with what we know and have seen I'd call it safer to assume Alonso could somehow tell Lewis was coming in hot.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Too many complaints about this circuit across other forums and social media. I really like the layout. Shame about the location.

The technical sections seem to generate mistakes more so than at other circuits.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Too many complaints about this circuit across other forums and social media. I really like the layout. Shame about the location.

The technical sections seem to generate mistakes more so than at other circuits.

Sure feels like if it weren't in the US it wouldn't get as much flak as it does. It's a fine layout.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
My dislike of this track has nothing to do with it being in Miami. It's a poor racing layout.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I just hate those high walls 2 inches outside of the track limits everywhere. When I play such tracks in the game I actually feel claustrophobic haha.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
yea miami sucks, its one the worst tracks in f1 history

and it also sucks that excellent german GPs like hockenheimring or nürburgring while excellent tracks and for many fans and drivers, the holy grail, dont attract the same attendance as a track like miami does because it doesn't drive the same fake over indulgment like miami or jeddah etc does. thats why we have no german gp, because f1 organisers based current (say since 2019 hockenheimring attendace) as lacking… based on schumacher era… fucking SCHUMACHER ERA, he was a worldwide sensation let alone german sensation ofc he's going to bring an attendance like no other. i feel spa is a traditional amazing track that is on verge of same fate of german GPs unfortunately

today, you need fake marinas, overpriced food, celebrities filling the grid who dont give a fuck about f1 for 363 days of a year, cringe celebrations, in order to have a gp. because all that matters to liberty media is everything but the racing

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
yea miami sucks, its one the worst tracks in f1 history

and it also sucks that excellent german GPs like hockenheimring or nürburgring while excellent tracks and for many fans and drivers, the holy grail, dont attract the same attendance as a track like miami does because it doesn't drive the same fake over indulgment like miami or jeddah etc does. thats why we have no german gp, because f1 organisers based current (say since 2019 hockenheimring attendace) as lacking… based on schumacher era… fucking SCHUMACHER ERA, he was a worldwide sensation let alone german sensation ofc he's going to bring an attendance like no other. i feel spa is a traditional amazing track that is on verge of same fate of german GPs unfortunately

today, you need fake marinas, overpriced food, celebrities who dont give a fuck about f1 for 363 days of a year, in order to have a gp
There was a truck race at Nurburgring in 2014 that had 3x the attendance of the F1 race at Hockenheim the same weekend. Germany simply isn't that interested in F1.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Magnussen gets 3 penalty points for the 3rd time he left the track and gained an advantage, stewards specifically note he gets the penalty points for doing it 3 times. Now at 8 for the past 12 months.