2030 engine regulations should...

• more battery, more harvesting, more more more

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • the full Domenicali. No hybrid, no turbo. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • The half domenicali. No hybrid, keep the turbos. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 52 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
What is the point of having tyre details on the timing screens if 90% of the time they are wrong / out of date.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Tyres tyres tyres.

Funnily enough tomorrow will probably be a straight forward one stop, but think we could be in for a decent race.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
It's really shocking how bad they are at just showing accurate information. MultiViewer has been kind of essential for that for me.
I've forever had issues with getting synch to work properly with Multiviewer and I actually don't like some of their layouts all that much so I've had to slum it with the shitty web based F1TV solution

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I miss that feeling of excitement I used to get watching F1.

I watch, but it feels like I'm just going through the motions.

It's not Red Bull or Verstappen's fault. It's just not exciting.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
It just seems like such a "dead" event. Very low energy from everyone. The drivers don't seem to care for the track because the feel of the cars seems to change every session, the commentators are subdued and puzzled because they aren't understanding how the cars look so dramatically different from session to session, and the venue seems deserted from most of these aerial shots.

It almost looks like a COVID lockdown event.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The aston martins looked awful. Its hard not to feel a nervous about their upgrades taking a similiar trajectory to last year, where they just gradually made the car more and more undrivable.

For now I'll just file it under having only 1 FP and Alonso doing zero soft tyre running and struggling to find a good setup.

Oct 28, 2017
There's something weird about this track in quali. With Academy as well we had 3 quali sessions now where it suddenly became a lot harder for cars to set good times when the track was supposed to be at its fastest.

It is very warm, don't know if the tires are simply getting overheated.

And yes Miami is just pretty bad in general. Looks boring and tacky with the fake marina and the races always turn into DRS trains.

Thinking about Miami is probably the worst track that has been added to the calender since Liberty took over.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
There's something weird about this track in quali. With Academy as well we had 3 quali sessions now where it suddenly became a lot harder for cars to set good times when the track was supposed to be at its fastest.

Yes, the tyres are very prone to overheating here. They can get cooked in a couple of corners. Careful outlaps and not pushing too hard early seem to be key. Cars that are good at warming up tyres fast especially seem very finicky.
Also it doesnt help that the off line parts of the track look super dusty.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017

And yes Miami is just pretty bad in general. Looks boring and tacky with the fake marina and the races always turn into DRS trains.

Thinking about Miami is probably the worst track that has been added to the calender since Liberty took over.
From what Norris was saying, the red tyres don't even hold up after a couple of corners. In their case. So weird to see people choose yellow tyres for qualy, haha. Anyway, I guess Max was surprised again today that he got pole. Not sure i'm a big fan of this track either, actually.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty much expecting a snoozefest of a race, but I hope to be proven wrong.

I just think the track is inherently difficult to overtake on, and this year the tyre overheating seems very extreme as well which will result in everyone managing constantly. Also the quali outcome is pretty boring, pretty much no one outside of Alonso is out of place. Crazy ass KMag made the sprint entertaining but I doubt he'll risk a race ban to do the same for the GP, lol.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty much expecting a snoozefest of a race, but I hope to be proven wrong.

I just think the track is inherently difficult to overtake on, and this year the tyre overheating seems very extreme as well which will result in everyone managing constantly. Also the quali outcome is pretty boring, pretty much no one outside of Alonso is out of place. Crazy ass KMag made the sprint entertaining but I doubt he'll risk a race ban to do the same for the GP, lol.

Overtaking actually isn't bad here. It was in the top half of tracks in 2022 for example.

oo31hywa5o3a1.jpg

And it was #4 overall in 2023:

autosport-revealed-the-2023-races-with-the-most-and-least-v0-n7ba7bfdv25c1.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Overtaking actually isn't bad here. It was in the top half of tracks in 2022 for example.

oo31hywa5o3a1.jpg

And it was #4 overall in 2023:

autosport-revealed-the-2023-races-with-the-most-and-least-v0-n7ba7bfdv25c1.jpg

Overtakes alone doesn't make for a great race unfortunately. Barcelona is pretty much always one of the most boring tracks because of the same issue. Long DRS trains with very similar overtakes.

Miami is one of those tracks that needs some chaos to have a good race. In 2022 there was a lot with Ferrari and in 2023 Max had to fight his way through the field.

This time everyone is qualified close to where their car is probably going to be. So unless we have some crazyness, I don't think a lot will happen.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Overtakes alone doesn't make for a great race unfortunately. Barcelona is pretty much always one of the most boring tracks because of the same issue. Long DRS trains with very similar overtakes.

Miami is one of those tracks that needs some chaos to have a good race. In 2022 there was a lot with Ferrari and in 2023 Max had to fight his way through the field.

This time everyone is qualified close to where their car is probably going to be. So unless we have some crazyness, I don't think a lot will happen.

You're forgetting about DR3 down in P20!

But yes I agree on the overtaking not making it a great race. The track itself though generally has a lot of them is all I'm saying.

Oct 28, 2017
You're forgetting about DR3 down in P20!

But yes I agree on the overtaking not making it a great race. The track itself though generally has a lot of them is all I'm saying.

Haha true, I did forget about that. Maybe if he is actually just on it now, he can bring some entertainment. He is right behind KMag so that alone should bring some chaos, lol.