2030 engine regulations should...

• more battery, more harvesting, more more more

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • the full Domenicali. No hybrid, no turbo. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • The half domenicali. No hybrid, keep the turbos. Smaller lighter cars.

Votes: 52 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
Me seeing all the "was happy for Lando but now…" posts wondering why it wasn't always obvious to everyone that he was always kinda that person as glimpsed through behaviours and interviews over the years.

Obviously he never did anything as nakedly terrible as being friendly with Trump but he was always a shit.

Also smh @ the handsomeness slander this weekend. Carlos was wronged and you were all blessed to hear his opinions about it via radio.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Carlos whining on the radio was kind of sad to listen to and then he made a pass so clumsy it destroyed Piastris entire race.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Not that this should excuse adults from having basic knowledge of what is going on around the world but these are all guys that grew up spending 110% of their time racing. I don't really expect any of them to have nuanced opinions about anything other than racing lines. I like Lewis and he has his heart in the right place but even he makes some real dumb remarks once in a while that remind you "oh yah he's a racing car driver"

These aren't children, they just like right wing nationalists because they are extremely rich white people and he is one of them. Landon Norris knows exactly what Trump is and does.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
These aren't children, they just like right wing nationalists because they are extremely rich white people and he is one of them. Landon Norris knows exactly what Trump is and does.
I actually do think they are just big children racing fast cars for a living - but like I said in my post thats not an excuse.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
carlos penalty is whatever, the "mitigation factors" to make it only 5 seconds doesn't even make any sense

kmag with 10 penalty points until march 2025 lmao
that's a bold strategy

and yeah lando always seemed like an idiot, used to watch the mclaren videos when sainz was there and he's like "what if you dropped out of school at age 12 to become a twitch streamer, what could go wrong"

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
giphy.gif

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Me seeing all the "was happy for Lando but now…" posts wondering why it wasn't always obvious to everyone that he was always kinda that person as glimpsed through behaviours and interviews over the years.

Obviously he never did anything as nakedly terrible as being friendly with Trump but he was always a shit.

Also smh @ the handsomeness slander this weekend. Carlos was wronged and you were all blessed to hear his opinions about it via radio.
Obviously a lot of people here missed that one week on TikTok

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I can sympathize with Carlos probably feeling the pressure to perform as he's effectively racing for his future and Charles seemed to have the measure of him for the past few sessions, but yeah that was poor form. The radio messages made him sound like a petulant child and the overtake on Oscar felt like an act of rage instead of a measured, well executed ovetake. If he was a little more patient he could've gotten that move done cleanly as he seemed to have the faster car.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
been watching lando since he was doing formula regionals, always knew when he signed with mclaren those years ago he'll win his first gp with them. reminds me the moment when hamilton won his first gp with mclaren too

the most important thing of the race, is that the mclarens had really excellent race pace, equal and beating the RBs. you could see the race pace even before the safety car when lando was in p2. seems like those upgrades that came in for the weekend are putting in the work

from this

Lando-Norris.jpg

to this

GM2TqsuW4AABF1w

mad lad has done it the sochi curse is lifted!

Oct 28, 2017

If you follow Lando it is pretty clear that he doesn't actually know shit in general about things that don't directly affect him. The things he has been focused on since he was like 10 was racing and having a good time. Pretty much the definition of a manchild.

It doesn't excuse it, because he (and McLaren in general) should at the very least be aware of how controversial doing anything with Trump would be. But his actual knowledge of Trump's politics is probably close to nil beyond the most basic ideas.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I'm hoping Lando wakes up Monday and his phone has gone from more than just a billion congratulations into some actual "uh, you know, mate..." from his closer friends. His audience is primarily younger, non-American English speakers. Not your standard MAGA crowd by any stretch. It's quite possible he doesn't entirely know what he's done and his manager needs to spell it out for him.

Not sure why we can't just hand KMag a race ban anyway. We can do it for license points later this season, too, but wtf he had FOUR different types of penalties in one weekend. And that's not including his "unsportsmanlike conduct" issue for saying he was happy he did it! No, this is not okay. I can't think of a case of any other drivers getting 4 different penalties in one weekend, or any case ever of someone being openly proud of it and getting away with that.

Just sign Yuki to that Red Bull seat already, please.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see that somebody aside from Max won, hopefully this happens more times this season. We're already doubled the amount of non Max wins from last season, so that objetivelly already makes it better than last year! All that said, I've never liked Lando because he always had this air of apathy that rubbed me the wrong way, he's like if Melania's I Don't Care coat became a person, so all this Trump stuff just validates my initial negative vibe check for him. Fuck Zak Brown and McClaren, but these are all a bunch of rich priviledged white people. They don't care and I doubt it'll have any actual impact on them.

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping Lando wakes up Monday and his phone has gone from more than just a billion congratulations into some actual "uh, you know, mate..." from his closer friends. His audience is primarily younger, non-American English speakers. Not your standard MAGA crowd by any stretch. It's quite possible he doesn't entirely know what he's done and his manager needs to spell it out for him.
A very quick glance at threads and it does not seem to be the case.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
He's a good driver Lando, but I'm with some of the others here, he has absolutely nothing between the ears outside of his great driving skills.

bb1173

May 1, 2022
Saint had his appendix out, and won next race in Australia.

Norris was injured in the Netherlands, and won Miami.

the big question now is: who is willing to make the blood sacrifice next to beat Max?

Risk Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Norris has always been a twat in my eyes, but this definitely takes him up another notch on the moron ladder. I think I'd rather RB take 3 more championships in a row than see this McLaren team win a single one.

just saw this footage of Lewis speeding in the pitlane from the Sprint race. He actually didn't activate the pitlimiter and went 97kph which is 17kph faster than allowed.

Curious, at what speed would one get instantly disqualified? If that has ever even happened in F1.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
He's got a few days to have a damascene conversion or he will always be the maga driver with a fuckwit fanbase.

An enormous, enormous PR fuck up at every level of McLaren, a UK based team should never have got this so wrong.

He's gonna double down. And Zak will likely invite Trump to the Indy 500 as their guest to further poison the well.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The sad reality is that Trump is controverisal but he has LOTS of fans, and yes even outside of the US. I've seen a lot of hate towards mclaren but also quite a lot of praise...people unironically calling him kingmaker, jfc. and yeah indy 500 is a good shout.

I will say though that if a sponsor ends up being unhappy about this zak will do the biggest u turn on the whole thing possible, man is all about that sweet dosh.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
It's not that shocking that in the beautifully pristine F1 world there are also fans that love shitty right wing politics. Not so long ago people were coming to F1 races wearing monkey masks/blackface with shitty signs directed at Hamilton - liking Trump seems par for the course.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
I despise Trump with all my heart but I'm not going to let him mess up the good feels I got from Lando and McLaren winning. What a fantastic race yesterday. Great battles all around. Lewis looked kinda nice battling Perez. This might have been the best race this year.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Jaysus Lando you fucking dummy.

For as bad of a look as this is I can't root against Oscar. Please don't tell me he was fawning over Trump too.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I hope, HOPE this Trump Lando stuff is just awkward, bad PR training and he's just doing / saying that he's told. Otherwise oooof.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I hope, HOPE this Trump Lando stuff is just awkward, bad PR training and he's just doing / saying that he's told. Otherwise oooof.
The thing that ticked me off is this part in particular:

"Donald is someone that you got to have a lot of respect for in many ways."

Like, not only the thing he's saying here, but also being on a first-name basis and all that.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Curious, at what speed would one get instantly disqualified? If that has ever even happened in F1.
I'd assume you'd get black flagged if you'd simply purposely go as quickly as you'd want down the pitlane with complete disregard for the posted limit.

It was pretty obvious Lewis just made a mistake with his button and realized once he felt he was going too fast.

10km/h (17?) over is a lot, though, penalty points have been given for less.

beebop

May 30, 2023
So here's a dilemma. I've had some health concerns the last few weeks, nothing dire but something that has required some investigation and has been heavily in my mind. So my non-F1 following wife, to cheer me up, bought me an awesome bright orange McLaren hoodie out of nowhere last week, and Norris winning seemed like amazing timing. But now I really don't feel like wearing it, and I have absolutely no heart to tell her.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
So here's a dilemma. I've had some health concerns the last few weeks, nothing dire but something that has required some investigation and has been heavily in my mind. So my non-F1 following wife, to cheer me up, bought me an awesome bright orange McLaren hoodie out of nowhere last week, and Norris winning seemed like amazing timing. But now I really don't feel like wearing it, and I have absolutely no heart to tell her.
Making/keeping her happy is probably more important than whatever Zak Brown made you feel this weekend.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Seems that that his touche with the cone resulted into some floor damage; per Red Bull.
I mean if they say so.. that cone looked like it flew over the car and they're saying the rear of the floor was massively damaged to the point that there was a hole in it? I'd guess more likely from hitting the curb too aggressively rather than the cone l but hey if they say so.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Sainz won solely because Max's car died. Norris won out of strategy and good driving.
...and an incredibly lucky safety car, to be fair (I'm guessing that's what you might have meant by strategy).

I mean if they say so.. that cone looked like it flew over the car and they're saying the rear of the floor was massively damaged to the point that there was a hole in it? I'd guess more likely from hitting the curb too aggressively rather than the cone l but hey if they say so.
I'd guessed the mounting point for the cone might be what did the damage, it sticks out quite a bit (for a formula car).

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Whether Verstappen's relatively poor 2nd stint performance was due to a car deficiency or to a driver error, it still means they're mortal, so it's cool.

Ninman

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping Trump goes to Indianapolis to watch a Mexican winning the race. Fuck Mclaren and this confirms Lando as my least favorite driver, go Oscar!

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't believe the Verstappen floor damage either (since Max wasn't onboard with it at the time), but there's a series of pictures over the bump post-bollard that seemingly don't lie. Bits of carbon fibre flying out the back.

methane47

Oct 28, 2017
I dont agree that Carlos was to blame for the collission with Piastri.

Carlos passes piastri and Piastri then turns INTO carlos
vs
Piastri passes carlos and carlos takes avoiding action and gets run off the road.

Then... how is it possible that Alonzo got penalized 10 seconds for this same thing in china, but Carlos gets only 5?

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I dont agree that Carlos was to blame for the collission with Piastri.

Carlos passes piastri and Piastri then turns INTO carlos
vs
Piastri passes carlos and carlos takes avoiding action and gets run off the road.

Then... how is it possible that Alonzo got penalized 10 seconds for this same thing in china, but Carlos gets only 5?
In the circumstances, we find Car 55 to be predominantly to blame for the collision

In this case, we took into account, as mitigating factors, the fact that but for the slight
loss of control of the rear by Car 55, the collision would likely not have happened
and
it would have been hard but good racing. The standard penalty for a collision is 10
seconds with 2 penalty points. In light of the mitigating circumstances, we therefore
impose a 5 second time penalty with 1 penalty point.

yeah it doesn't really make any sense
compare it to STR in China

We determined that Car 18 ought to have anticipated the pace of the cars in front,
particularly Car 3 and should have prepared to brake accordingly. Had it done that, it
would have avoided the collision
. Hence Car 18 was predominantly to blame for the
collision that ultimately led to Car 3 having to retire from the race.

cut the penalty in half! this is anti-stroll stewarding

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
So when is Ferrari due an upgrade?
Ferrari is supposed to bring their first big performance upgrade to Imola, which is the next race in two weeks.

www.planetf1.com

Ferrari to debut 'version 2.0' of the 'RB20-inspired' SF-24 at Imola

"Version 2.0" of Ferrari's SF-24 will debut in Imola as the team "evaluates advantages" with an eye on 2025's continuity.

The question with Ferrari upgrades is, as always, whether or not the upgrades actually work and to what extent.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Ferrari is supposed to bring their first big performance upgrade to Imola, which is the next race in two weeks.

www.planetf1.com

Ferrari to debut 'version 2.0' of the 'RB20-inspired' SF-24 at Imola

"Version 2.0" of Ferrari's SF-24 will debut in Imola as the team "evaluates advantages" with an eye on 2025's continuity.

The question with Ferrari upgrades is, as always, whether or not the upgrades actually work and to what extent.
They're not Mercedes or Aston, surely the upgrades won't make the car worse

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
My suggestion would be don't let that orange turd ruin it for you.