Oct 28, 2017
Now theres even rumors that this all started because Horner tried to buy out the Red Bull team with British financiers, without telling the board lol.

www.formulapassion.it

Cosa c'è dietro il caos Red Bull: Horner voleva comprare il team!

Una fonte autorevole ha raccontato a FormulaPassion.it di un'offerta presentata da Horner - e finanziatori britannici - per il team Red Bull

Basically wanted Marko and the Dutch side gone.

Also, Gerhard Berger thinks Horner will end up staying, but Marko and Newey will leave.

View: https://x.com/RBR_Daily/status/1764673785611841668?s=20

This might not be far off from the eventual outcome. I could see the team splitting, or just imploding.

This really seems like the worst outcome imaginable for Red Bull. They lose the best driver and the best engineer on the grid, all to protect a guy that couldn't keep his dick in his pants around his own employee.

I can't help but think they'll lose an enormous amount of fans as well. Who wants to support a team like that?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Now theres even rumors that this all started because Horner tried to buy out the Red Bull team with British financiers, without telling the board lol.

www.formulapassion.it

Una fonte autorevole ha raccontato a FormulaPassion.it di un'offerta presentata da Horner - e finanziatori britannici - per il team Red Bull

Also, Gerhard Berger thinks Horner will end up staying, but Marko and Newey will leave.

This might not be far off from the eventual outcome. I could see the team splitting, or just imploding.

That can't be real.

Why on earth would Red Bull keep Horner over Newey and Max? Why would Max leave the most dominant team for a team that's not even the 3rd fastest right now?

It makes no sense.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Horner desperate to be as powerful as Toto (33%) Wolff

Unfortunately for the tory helmet it's not quite as easy as making sure he gets to speak on the radio after every race win

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I need a summary.

some tabloids said Horner send dick picks to a woman/RBR employee!?
Red Bull (racing?) investigated and found nothing!?
then there were whatsapp screenshots of him texting with a woman that wasn't his wife. some people said the pictures he send looked KI generated.
and now Marko, Newey and Max want to leave the team because of Horner texting with an other woman?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wanna know where Merc was in all of this.

Has Toto been in Max's DMs the moment Lewis announced he was leaving or something?

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Why does the guy that owns 51% of the company want to protect Horner so much?

Perhaps easier to replace a driver than any of the organisation he would look to take with him, or perhaps easier to deal with than any of the damage he would look to inflict if they forced him out. Toxic team, so who knows what damage he could do to the company (specifically the multi-billion dollar Red Bull brand) if he doesn't leave on his own terms

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
I need a summary.

then there were whatsapp screenshots of him texting with a woman that wasn't his wife. some people said the pictures he send looked KI generated.
and now Marko, Newey and Max want to leave the team because of Horner texting with an other woman?

(Horner, 2024)

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
I need a summary.

What happened to
you guys read and even worse listen to too many tabloid stuff..

Raceweek 2 Saudi Arabia
OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
FIA F1 2024 |OT| Please disperse. Nothing to see here - Raceweek 2 Saudi Arabia - 7-9 Mar #NetflixSalivating

It's Raceweek 2 in Saudi Arabia. Info stolen from https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2024/Saudi_Arabia.html

Saudi_Arabia.jpg

431085786_686459640365598_356727072012071894_n.jpg
431087076_686461867032042_5048203036597012278_n.jpg

Saudi_Arabia_Circuit.png

Lap Record - 1:30:734 Sir Lewis Hamilton (2021)

2023 pole - Sergio Perez
2022 pole - Sergio Perez
2021 pole - Sir Lewis Hamilton

Last race classification
Frmu_R9XoAEYBlv.jpg

Last Race

Top 10 onboards

When
Practice 1 -
Countdown Mar 7, 2024 at 8:30 AM

Practise 2 -
Countdown Mar 7, 2024 at 12:00 PM

Practise 3 -
Countdown Mar 8, 2024 at 8:30 AM

Qualifying -
Countdown Mar 8, 2024 at 12:00 PM

Race -
Countdown Mar 9, 2024 at 12:00 PM

Listen
open.spotify.com

Bahrain GP 2024 F1 Race Review

Listen to this episode from Missed Apex Formula 1 Podcast on Spotify. Spanners and Trumpets are joined by Chris ‘Comms’ Stevens and Chris 'Catman’ Turner as they untangle the mysterious web of the Bahrain GP. From Max’s magnificence to surprising Sainz to mercurial Mercedes, no haunted...
open.spotify.com

Sergio Perez: stronger in 2024

Listen to this episode from F1: Beyond The Grid on Spotify. Sergio Perez secured a career-best P2 in the Drivers’ World Championship in 2023. But in one of the most dominant Formula 1 cars in history, Checo spent much of the year stuck in the shadow of his unstoppable teammate Max Verstappen...

Oct 28, 2017
I need a summary.

He had a sexual relationship with his PA. Possibly sexual harassment, depends on your definition I suppose. She tries to stop his advances repeatedly and he didn't do it.

Possibly a dick pick, but people can't agree if it is actually a dick or not (Google Horner file 76).

Red Bull investigated and decided to dismiss the allegations. We don't actually know what the allegations was, since RB didn't disclose anything. But reports are saying RB was spinning it as there wasn't anything criminal in there, therefor it was okay. Interestingly they never actually wrote that he was "cleared of wrongdoing".

Then a few days later 79 pages with messages was leaked and all hell broke loose.

A whole lot of other shit happened, but essentially this all seems to be a part of a bigger power struggle between the two sides of the RB parent company. With the Austrian owners, Marko and Verstappens on one side and the thai owners and Horner on the other. MBS also seems to kinda be on the Horner side, since he tried to get Max to publicly annonce support for Horner.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So let's say hypothetically Max does want to go to Merc and Red Bull really won't stand in his way.

How quickly could all of the contract stuff realistically be worked out to make it work? It would take weeks right?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
We don't actually know Max's contract details though - if there are any clauses that would actually give him an exit, if he actually wanted it.

Oct 28, 2017
They couldn't announce it a year early like Lewis?

They could annonce it sure, but the move wouldn't be before. If you are just asking when they could annonce it at the earliest, that is pretty much impossible to know. But it probably wouldn't be before summer break if I had to guess.

We don't actually know Max's contract details though - if there are any clauses that would actually give him an exit, if he actually wanted it.

That's what I thought, but three different outlets has verified independently that Max has a exit clause that means he can leave the team if Marko is no longer there. One of them is Erik van Haren, who has a pretty much completely spotless record when it comes to RB news. So seems pretty damn likely, that he actually does have such an exit clause. And Marko is saying he won't stand in the way of Max, so you can imagine a scenario where Marko quits the team and that allows Max to leave as well.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Max in a Merc jumpsuit and Alonso in a Red bull looks so fucking weird lol

GH2bdhbXgAAuLLd

They could annonce it sure, but the move wouldn't be before. If you are just asking when they could annonce it at the earliest, that is pretty much impossible to know. But it probably wouldn't be before summer break if I had to guess.
Yeah I'm just talking about the announcement.

Oct 28, 2017
Max and Russell would be such a bad teammate combo, lol. Getting a real Hamilton and Rosberg 2.0 from those two being in the same team.

Phoony17

Oct 27, 2017
Narangba, AUS

www.formulapassion.it

What's Gerhard Berger got to do with the price of cheese??

In other words, what insight does he have that makes his opinion more valid then anyone else's in the paddock?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he is slow. I'm just saying Max is insane.

Comparing anyone to Max is unfair right now.
Eh, Russel was set to win his first GP filling in for Lewis back when Mercedes had the best car and it wasn't close. I think either the pit crew fucked up their tires or he got a puncture I don't remember.

He has a lot of potential if the car is there for him. I also can't help but respect a driver who puts it all on the line to crash themselves out going for a win rather than coasting for an easy podium. Like, that's all I'm asking from LeClerc but he gives me the opposite.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
If we use the transitive property, George can match Lewis on a good day, and we know from 2021 that Lewis == Max in close machinery.

Therefore, using science and math, George is roughly equal to Max, albeit below in mental toughness which does make a difference. On a good day.

That's my F1 bro-science for the day

Last edited:

drwin

Dec 7, 2019
I think all these twitter rumors being linked are completely made up but that picture made me realize how much I want Alonso and Albon at Red Bull to be a real thing in 2025.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Switching gears for a sec and I continue to be super down on DTS. The Singapore/Sainz win was just covered in episode 8 (I think, maybe 7) and they COMPLETELY ignored the DRS strategy Sainz had with Lando.

I thought it would make for great television, the two ex teammates working together with a spur the moment trick never seen before … and nothing. As usual DTS just does vibes, never actually tries to be 1% smarter. The show refuses to evolve and now all the participants are cagey and dont say anything. Its a real shame

We need a scripted F1 show where the actors play out all the rumors and drama from the season

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Switching gears for a sec and I continue to be super down on DTS. The Singapore/Sainz win was just covered in episode 8 (I think, maybe 7) and they COMPLETELY ignored the DRS strategy Sainz had with Lando.

I thought it would make for great television, the two ex teammates working together with a spur the moment trick never seen before … and nothing. As usual DTS just does vibes, never actually tries to be 1% smarter. The show refuses to evolve and now all the participants are cagey and dont say anything. Its a real shame

We need a scripted F1 show where the actors play out all the rumors and drama from the season
Worse yet Sainz was on the radio telling his team what he was doing was intentional. It was probably the most made for TV race outside Vegas last season.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
George strikes me as the kind of guy who would privately really, really hate for Lewis to be replaced by another massive name that would once again upstage him.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
George strikes me as the kind of guy who would privately really, really hate for Lewis to be replaced by another massive name that would once again upstage him.
Who doesn't this apply to? Honestly? I don't think Lewis or Max would appreciate each other joining their team either. I think both would fucking HATE for Alonso to be their teammate. I see folks keep falling for Nice Guy Alonso, nope, not being fooled.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Who doesn't this apply to? Honestly? I don't think Lewis or Max would appreciate each other joining their team either. I think both would fucking HATE for Alonso to be their teammate. I see folks keep falling for Nice Guy Alonso, nope, not being fooled.
Max & Lewis will always think/know that they're the #1 drivers wherever they are. What I'm getting at is that George surely thinks he's about to be the new Merc #1 and have the direction of the team setup around his desires in a car. But if Max were to go there he's back to being the sidekick.

I would think he wants someone younger and less experienced to replace Lewis, no? So he's the main man?

Nov 2, 2017

That one really bugged me because they "had" to ignore the Lando stuff because it expressly contradicted the narrative they wanted to construct with the episode, which is "look at Ferrari, they've pulled together into a cohesive team and it's working!" Sainz having to construct his own race strategy to unilaterally drag Lando Norris in a McLaren along with him while the team is none the wiser and only catches on after Sainz has to openly tell them "yes I'm doing that intentionally" kinda blows up that story. And it extra does if your evidence for "it's one big team pulling together" is Ferrari deciding to do the opposite in pushing Leclerc back out of DRS range in an ultimately doomed move just so he can delay the Mercs for a little bit.

They had a great story handed to them on a silver platter, but it wasn't the story they wanted to tell, and so they ditched it and tried to stitch together one they preferred.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Who doesn't this apply to? Honestly?

Exactly. This place does seem to have an odd attitude towards George, painting him as either useless or an egomaniac that needs knocking down a peg or two. All the drivers have a well developed ego, it goes with the job, and I don't feel he is worse or better than anyone else. As for his driving, he is up there with the best, and on a good day could take on, and beat anyone.

Looking forward to all this Red Bull stuff to coming to end one way or another. It's fun for a while, but all the various rumors start to get annoying... just fucking settle it.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Lewis leaving was huge, but not world ending because we know he will be gone sooner rather than later.

Max leaving and going to Mercedes of all places would shake the face of the earth.

The entire point is moot without us knowing if Max has some [non-performance related] exit clause in place. If not, he will be staying with RB for a while even if he is unhappy.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The entire point is moot without us knowing if Max has some [non-performance related] exit clause in place. If not, he will be staying with RB for a while even if he is unhappy.
It's been mentioned above that multiple outlets are reporting that he has an exit clause. And even if he didn't Red Bull doesn't want to have an unhappy driver. Especially one that is as famous as Max with an outspoken father like Jos. They don't want that kind of drama.

If Max wants out he will be out.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
What's Gerhard Berger got to do with the price of cheese??

In other words, what insight does he have that makes his opinion more valid then anyone else's in the paddock?

He doesn't know anything. Just spewing BS like a lot of people are right now. F1 media is largely quite unreliable, but there are a few pretty good sources particularly regarding RBR like Erik van Haren, who has confirmed the exit clause that exists in Verstappens contract if Marko were to leave the team. I wouldn't put any stock into any of these other stories whatsoever.

Even if it were to happen, it wouldn't be until 2026 at the earliest. Max isn't an idiot, he's not jumping ship to go from essentially 5 guaranteed championships in a row to a shitbox. Logically, it only makes sense to make a move with the 2026 regulation changes, if there is enough turbulence surrounding the RBPT PU development (especially if Ford somehow pulls out).

I find it far more likely that Horner leaves the team, in one way or another, and business continues as usual.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's been mentioned above that multiple outlets are reporting that he has an exit clause. And even if he didn't Red Bull doesn't want to have an unhappy driver. Especially one that is as famous as Max with an outspoken father like Jos. They don't want that kind of drama.

If Max wants out he will be out.

Yeah, but honestly, RB is firing on all cylinders. He is winning every race. That doesn't seem to be changing. Why would he be unhappy? Enough to go to Mercedes of all places, who has the third or fourth fastest car. Even in Max's hands it won't magically change the physics around it to suddenly be winning races. Especially when you likely have '24 on lock, and most likely '25 too since everyone will be focusing on '26.