Oct 28, 2017
That's the point though. If you accumulate 2x 10 second penalties nothing stops you from staying on track and just getting time added to your race time, while you slow everyone down to advantage your team mate.

If you get 2x 10s time penalties and have not yet served one, giving a drive through solves both of those problems because it HAS to be served (unless it's not handed down until the last couple of laps or after the race, obvs.)

I don't hate the idea of converting two 10 second penalties to a drive through if you haven't served the first.

What I was arguing against was more the idea of generally increasing the penalties (again) so drive throughs are given more readily for stuff like overtaking off track. An argument you see a lot these days, especially on Reddit.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Gran Turismo penalties... forced deceleration for x seconds at a certain point on the track (i.e. on the main straight, off the racing line, like a penalty box).

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
They should have a little zapper built into the seat and each time you cut the corner it gives you a little electric zap

Sagaris

May 25, 2019
They should split the time penalty and apply half of it to the drivers team mate too.

kidding!

Skydog

Oct 27, 2017
Radio of the race "Tell McLaren to be telling him, because they need to be telling him". Classic goofy Sainz

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I'm still shocked how much they ruined the Ferrari colors with that hp blue. It's amateurish looking. The car, the drivers, the engineers...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the 220 people Horner was talking about recruiting from Merc were mostly HPP people coming over to work on the Red Bull Powertrains stuff.

"I don't know how many people we or RB have employed from McLaren this year. Mercedes, we have taken 220 people out of HPP into Red Bull Powertrains.

"So, when we are talking about losing people, I would be a bit more worried about the 220 than maybe one or two CVs."

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
More like a man who was pushed wide and (correctly imo) thought he deserved that place, and knew a position switch would have to happen fast if he wanted a shot at the podium.
Had his team let him past his slower team mate earlier it wouldn't have even happened.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
US House committee chair has officially opened the investigation into FOM regarding the Andretti rejection. I guess they didn't get their requested response by Friday like they had requested: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-andretti-rejection-us-house-judiciary-chairman/10608200/

Nice quote from them here, lmao:
For example, Formula 1 alleged that a new team could only add value to Formula 1 by 'competing for podiums and race wins.'

"However, the FIA had already analysed—and approved of—the technical capabilities of Andretti Cadilac to compete among current teams, and most current teams in Formula 1 do not meet Formula 1's standard of regularly competing for 'podiums and race wins'.

As discussed before, the US has full jurisdiction to investigate this under the Sherman act for anti-competitive behavior, as the MLB is the only sport exempt from the rules.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017

100 years ago the Supreme Court ruled that pro baseball was exempt from the Sherman Act, probably because the justices were baseball fans, and baseball was branding itself as the national pastime.

Just about every other major sport tried to get the same deal in subsequent cases, but the (new) justices essentially said "the original baseball ruling was a mistake, so we're not going to extend it to any other sport. But we'll keep it for baseball because of the importance of precedence, yada, yada."

Every once in a while there is speculation that the court could take up a case and overturn the original baseball ruling, given that everyone agrees it was stupid and unfair, and baseball is not as popular as it used to be.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
100 years ago the Supreme Court ruled that pro baseball was exempt from the Sherman Act, probably because the justices were baseball fans, and baseball was branding itself as the national pastime.

Just about every other major sport tried to get the same deal in subsequent cases, but the (new) justices essentially said "the original baseball ruling was a mistake, so we're not going to extend it to any other sport. But we'll keep it for baseball because of the importance of precedence, yada, yada."

Every once in a while there is speculation that the court could take up a case and overturn the original baseball ruling, given that everyone agrees it was stupid and unfair, and baseball is not as popular as it used to be.
Interesting, thanks. Especially with MLB being international too.

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Is it set in the strategy room for Ferrari in 2022-2023?

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Man, I really wish Imola was this weekend. Really want to see the impact that Ferrari's sizeable upgrade has. If they can just find 2-3 tenths relatively to RBR, we're cooking for the rest of the year.

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
17nlowaxuczc1.jpeg

That's a look.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Just came across the Norris quote about Trump. Woof... kind of sours that win for me honestly.

I'm still shocked how much they ruined the Ferrari colors with that hp blue. It's amateurish looking. The car, the drivers, the engineers...
For me, it's just the car that looks hideous as i think the drivers and crew look kind of great. Not something I'd want to see from them all the time, but here and there its totally fine. The car though, is a crime that someone needs to be arrested for. The car with the giant HP logo would actually look better if the car was also all blue but people wouldn't stand for that so instead we get this Ferrari red and HP blue hybrid nightmare.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Hmmm...maybe Sainz's engineer will slide to Charles to make room for the man, the legend himself, Peter "Hammer Time" Bonnington?

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm...maybe Sainz's engineer will slide to Charles to make room for the man, the legend himself, Peter "Hammer Time" Bonnington?
Have to wonder whether Lewis wants him. They have a great relationship but he's been either letting or helping Lewis make some mental setup choices in the last 2 and a bit season's.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they do make bit of a difference but the track doesn't look as wet as it would in actual rain. Without seeing a car behind another in the spray it's hard to tell. I think the ground effect aero it's always going to make a solution hard but I think the actual wheel covers need to direct the spray out to the sides rather than trying to stop it going airborne completely.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
No more checking :(

Also, I agree with DBT85, I think Lewis needs a clean break, mentally and physically. I don't know if Bono going with him would be beneficial at this point.