• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
So, ESPN claims thar McLaren signed a 2 year contract with Sainz. Gasly to Red Bull then?

This Lando Norris guy seems chill. *clicks follow*

Lando is fucking cool. The other day he was praising his teammate (Sette Camara) while many people in this same situation would be rubbing down the other guy just to claim that they're the better driver. Camara should be fighting for the F2 championship if he wasn't so unlucky this year, and Norris pointed that out in an interview out of the blue. That shows that he's not only a massively talented guy, but also very noble and honest, which seems a rare trait in this sport.

Last edited:

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Sainz > McLaren
Gasly > RBR

If Vandoorne stays:
Norris > Toro Rosso

If Vandoorne is booted:
Norris > McLaren

I could also maybe see...
Albon > Toro Rosso

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
I think Vettel had 3 points-less races in 2009 out of his own fault, so he really could have won that year - same for Alonso in that car.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sainz > McLaren
Gasly > RBR

If Vandoorne stays:
Norris > Toro Rosso

If Vandoorne is booted:
Norris > McLaren

I could also maybe see...
Albon > Toro Rosso

May I ask what's so special about Albon? I admit I'm not following his career, but it doesn't look that impressive on paper. He hasn't won in any series in the past.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
May I ask what's so special about Albon? I admit I'm not following his career, but it doesn't look that impressive on paper. He hasn't won in any series in the past.
Haven't even heard of him before this post, but he was 2nd to Leclerc and is currently 3rd to Russell and Norris, so he might be what you look at since the other 3 are already affiliated with Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
He's one of the best F2 drivers currently, along with Russel, DeVries, Norris, Sette Camara, and maybe Markelov and Fuoco. It's a very exciting and strong field they have this year.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
it's being said around that Alonso will race for Harding next year, in a partnership with Andretti, Chevrolet and McLaren.

Fernando Alonso
Harding-Andretti-McLaren Chevrolet

lol

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
it's being said around that Alonso will race for Harding next year, in a partnership with Andretti, Chevrolet and McLaren.

Fernando Alonso
Harding-Andretti-McLaren Chevrolet

lol

https://racer.com/2018/08/15/alonso-set-for-indycar-road-course-test/

It appears Alonso will be testing an IndyCar for Andretti the week of Sept 2nd (Jenna Fryer, AP motorsports report in the US says Sept 5) at Barber Motorsports Park. If he enjoys himself it sounds like things are full go.

Marshall Pruett of Racer magazine also confirms the buzz is about Andretti/McLaren forming a union/buying out Harding Racing and them running Chevy engines since Honda Japan doesn't like Alonso.

Marshall Pruett said:
As RACER has written more than once since the Mid-Ohio IndyCar round, Andretti Autosport and Harding Racing have been exploring a union that would allow Andretti to expand its four-car program to accommodate everything from an 'Andretti Junior Team' to field up-and-coming drivers, to housing an Andretti-McLaren effort in a dedicated facility of its own.

Mounting rumors this week have positioned the Wink Hartman-owned Harding Racing shop that stands within view of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as becoming the Andretti-McLaren base of operations in North America.

Another key factor that continues to surface is the unlikely scenario of an Andretti-McLaren effort being powered by Honda. Despite the upcoming test for Alonso in an Andretti-Honda DW12, using Chevrolet power on a full-time basis, from a separate shop, is said to be the workaround that would allow Andretti Autosport to maintain peace with Honda while starting a new venture with McLaren and Chevy.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Vettel had 3 points-less races in 2009 out of his own fault, so he really could have won that year - same for Alonso in that car.
Yeah this is what I assumed. Button only really got it because he won the first 5 or some shit and nobody consistently won after that. Put Alonso in that thing and Button would not have been the WDC.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kimi's book was released today. I haven't got the book but one notable bit was 15 day drinking-bout before spanish GP 2012, he missed tests because he hurt his ankle during it.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
Fernando Alonso:
"I have enjoyed every single minute of those incredible seasons..."

Somebody roll those McLaren radio compilations please! :P

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1534420931-111.jpg

Cute wingman.

And what a nice dog ;)

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Kimi's book was released today. I haven't got the book but one notable bit was 15 day drinking-bout before spanish GP 2012, he missed tests because he hurt his ankle during it.

Also one thing I found interesting from small tidbits finnish papers have covered about the book is that Lotus never paid all the bonuses they promised to Kimi (about 6 million). They threatened that they will change the name of the company and change their location etc. so that they don't have to pay and Kimi didn't bother to take them to court because he felt sorry for all the normal employees.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Also one thing I found interesting from small tidbits finnish papers have covered about the book is that Lotus never paid all the bonuses they promised to Kimi (about 6 million). They threatened that they will change the name of the company and change their location etc. so that they don't have to pay and Kimi didn't bother to take them to court because he felt sorry for all the normal employees.
That end to 2013 was so absurd. A race-winning team, regularly present on the podium... and they couldn't even pay their top driver to the point where he left early in the season (which ended up costing him 1 or even 2 spots in the driver's championship).

Oct 25, 2017
Vandoorne not staying at McLaren then with them not confirming their 2019 lineup. Norris or Ocon for the second seat?

Wherlin said he's coming back to F1 next season?

Would be awful if both of these mediocre outcasts end up at Toro Rosso.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017

It's easy to forget how wonderful mid-90's F1 cars looked. Design-wise and livery-wise.

Senna was really special. It's said that that Ford V8 engine was 80hp less powerful than the Renault V10 that Williams was using, plus, that Williams is considered the most advanced car to ever race on Formula 1. And that on a power circuit like Silverstone!

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
That end to 2013 was so absurd. A race-winning team, regularly present on the podium... and they couldn't even pay their top driver to the point where he left early in the season (which ended up costing him 1 or even 2 spots in the driver's championship).

Yeah. You would had thought that after that great 2012 season Lotus would had had more money for 2013 season (F1 prize money and also more sponsor money). At least to pay their drivers. Damn that team was financially mismanaged which is shame as they clearly had some serious engineering talent.