• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Bottas could cost Mercedes a constructors championship next season if he keeps driving like this if Ferrari and Red Bull can compete next year.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
A Honda leaking oil onto Verstappen's helmet in the last race while all the Renaults make it to the end without any technical retirements

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alonso is a troll lol, David Couldhart ask him if he was coming back to F1 races from time to time and Alonso said, yes, but not as a comentator like many F1 drivers do, hahaha.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Pirelli tyres until 2023:

Yay, 5 more years of this shambles.

I had a lot of time for Pirelli when they were specifically asked to make dogshit tyres that fell apart after 5 laps, did so, and then got slammed for it. They were completely unfairly criticised and never got pissy about it.

But the last few years they just seem to have no clue how their own tyres work:
  • They never get the predicted strategy right.
  • They always bring at least one compound that can seemingly do twice the race distance, completely negating any contra-strategy.
  • The deltas between compounds is never as big as they predict it will be.
  • Seemingly random alterations to pressures, tread depth and composition, implemented with little to no testing, in the middle of a season.

I guess there's no guarantee anyone else would be any better, especially since there was only one other bidder.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Yay, 5 more years of this shambles.

I had a lot of time for Pirelli when they were specifically asked to make dogshit tyres that fell apart after 5 laps, did so, and then got slammed for it. They were completely unfairly criticised and never got pissy about it.

But the last few years they just seem to have no clue how their own tyres work:
  • They never get the predicted strategy right.
  • They always bring at least one compound that can seemingly do twice the race distance, completely negating any contra-strategy.
  • The deltas between compounds is never as big as they predict it will be.
  • Seemingly random alterations to pressures, tread depth and composition, implemented with little to no testing, in the middle of a season.

I guess there's no guarantee anyone else would be any better, especially since there was only one other bidder.

There was never going to be another real alternative in this contract process, especially since they would have been required to shit out the current tires for just one year.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird that Kimi had an awesome season this year and it was Bottas who was (by far) the worst driver out of top 3 teams. He really needs to step it up next year if he doesn't want to be replaced by Ocon (or one of many other drivers wanting to drive for Meercedes).

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
Kimi had an awesome season? He had one win in a great car and barely stayed ahead of a Red Bull in the standings.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
The next season can either be super awesome or dull as hell... We could end up having a 3 way title fight between Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull.

But the following could happen too:
-Mercedes fixes their tyre problems and they find more power
-Ferrari can't keep up with Mercedes and both drivers routinely steal each other points
-The Honda engine isn't better than Renault and we see Red Bull fighting with Renault and Force India for 3rd in the championship

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
It's so weird that Kimi had an awesome season this year and it was Bottas who was (by far) the worst driver out of top 3 teams. He really needs to step it up next year if he doesn't want to be replaced by Ocon (or one of many other drivers wanting to drive for Meercedes).

He's gonna get replaced, he signed a one year deal with a one year option. He finished 5th in the standings and Mercedes still won the WCC.

He was probably lucky he got a new contract before Ocon got fucked.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Only a bit. The lack of internal rivalry will be one of Mercedes strengths next year compared to the competition.
True.

But if HAM gets hit with bad engine luck again or just has a bad year becase reasons, Bot ain't winning anything to make up for it. With Nico they knew that if one of them had a bad day, the other was almost always there to pick up the pieces. Obviously we don't yet know how RBH and Ferrari will do with their new lineups.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So, how'd my boy Danny do? Looking at the number of posts during the race proper, I'll assume it was a boring as shit final weekend for all involved.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Bottas is a reminder of just how good Rosberg was and I doubt he'd have been finishing fifth in that race in the same car. I expect Bottas will have a strong start to next season but I also think 2019 is the year when Mercedes streak of manufacturer titles will end because Ferrari finally have a second driver with something to prove.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
look at this FKW
0e6e3528121c5a10ba1370ee758ba1bb.jpg

Orgun

Oct 27, 2017
So where am I gonna be watching the F1 next year? I remember hearing that Channel 4 won't have it anymore and im not paying for Sky.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
So where am I gonna be watching the F1 next year? I remember hearing that Channel 4 won't have it anymore and im not Ipaying for Sky.

If you're in the UK and you don't want to pay for Sky your two options are: VPN+F1 TV( if this still works) or less legitimate methods.

I've been watching BBC and then Channel 4 via satellite since 2010 and I'm going to miss the crew. They were a big part of my enjoyment of F1 for me.

Now I'm crossing my fingers Liberty Media will be launching F1 TV here in Sweden for next season. Viasat's contract is currently up for renegotiation.

Orgun

Oct 27, 2017
If you're in the UK and you don't want to pay for Sky your two options are: VPN+F1 TV( if this still works) or less legitimate methods.

I've been watching BBC and then Channel 4 via satellite since 2010 and I'm going to miss the crew. They were a big part of my enjoyment of F1 for me.

Now I'm crossing my fingers Liberty Media will be launching F1 TV here in Sweden for next season. Viasat's contract is currently up for renegotiation.

Ah I was worried that would be the case, guess i'll watch nefarious replays.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Kimi had an awesome season? He had one win in a great car and barely stayed ahead of a Red Bull in the standings.
Ferrari No2. And he had a lot of bad luck. I think it was his best season since Ferrari return.

edit: 12 podiums, 69 points behind Vettel, it wasn't bad at all.

Kimi didn't have an awesome season by any standards. Both him and Bottas have totally underperformed.
Kimi wasn't destroyed by his teammate, Bottas was.