• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how much this season has changed. Mercedes was absolutely untouchable and Red Bull couldn't even reasonably fight for 4th place unless Ferrari messed up. And now they even got a pole position.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how much this season has changed. Mercedes was absolutely untouchable and Red Bull couldn't even reasonably fight for 4th place unless Ferrari messed up. And now they even got a pole position.

Not just at the front.

McLaren are now a top 10 qualifer consistently and Williams are even finishing with the other cars now instead of seconds off.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Not just at the front.

McLaren are now a top 10 qualifer consistently and Williams are even finishing with the other cars now instead of seconds off.
Cyril-Abiteboul-1-725x500.jpg

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I have to agree. Season made a huge turnaround. Since canada every race been pretty good to being one of my all time favs (Hockenheim).

I complain a lot about F1 but right now it's pretty good.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still have to admire Valtteri's qualifyings considering he's racing against the literal GOAT qualifier.

Qronicle

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
I'll never be a fan of Verstappen, but very happy for him to take his first pole! The crowd here in Hungary seems to be half Dutch, so I'm surrounded by happy orange people :)
Ferrari underdelivered again, Leclerc lucky to be able to continue in Q2, and beating Vettel in the process.

It's also amazing to see how many Polish people here still genuinely support Kubica. I liked him well enough pre-accident, but it's been painfully clear for a while now he's just too slow...

Grosjean in the Melbourne spec beating his teammate is also pretty funny

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what Ferrari need is new drivers, Vettel has gone soft and Leclerc is one big disappointment, mistake after mistake, i had high hopes for him when the season started but he keeps fucking up in the races Ferrari has the car to fight for poles and victories.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
what Ferrari need is new drivers, Vettel has gone soft and Leclerc is one big disappointment, mistake after mistake, i had high hopes for him when the season started but he keeps fucking up in the races Ferrari has the car to fight for poles and victories.
Leclerc is good. Mistakes are part of the development for new drivers. Who are the better drivers out there that would outperform them?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
People said this about Max as well. Leclerc is a young guy and needs time to learn and pace himself better.

All this 'they made a handful of errors so get him out of the car' talk needs to stop.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The getting rid of Leclerc talk is nonsense. It's a completely different situation to Gasly, who I do believe should go. Leclerc is quick but a bit rough around the edges (similar to Max in his first couple of seasons), Gasly is just slow.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to agree. Season made a huge turnaround. Since canada every race been pretty good to being one of my all time favs (Hockenheim).

I complain a lot about F1 but right now it's pretty good.

It's a shame all those people who said they're quitting this year of F1 aren't watching any more.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Albon
Sainz
Norris

i think those 3 are doing much better with what they have on their hands.

Albon crashed yesterday and has had a few mistakes himself and it's hard to judge how the other 2 would handle the pressure of being at Ferrari and fighting for wins/titles.

Leclerc is keeping pace with a 4 time world champion...

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Albon
Sainz
Norris

i think those 3 are doing much better with what they have on their hands.
I believe more in Russel than Albon but I'm always open minded in F1 until we see two drivers on the same team. It's really hard to know with everyone driving on different cars, for example after last year I expected much greater stuff from Gasly (imagine how much worse Hartley would be in RB)

Damn Max is on a roll, we may still have a championship
Definitely, it helps that Mercedes seem to be in a bit disarray lately - and I mean as a team, they still have a top tier driver and a powerful car.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Ferraris are always getting a purple first sector but somehow loses time on the 2nd and 3rd.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I believe more in Russel than Albon but I'm always open minded in F1 until we see two drivers on the same team. It's really hard to know with everyone driving on different cars, for example after last year I expected much greater stuff from Gasly (imagine how much worse Hartley would be in RB)

Definitely, it helps that Mercedes seem to be in a bit disarray lately - and I mean as a team, they still have a top tier driver and a powerful car.

It's all relative isn't it. In the last three races Austria was a bust because their car can't handle the heat, Silverstone they drove off into the distance and beat everyone comfortably and Hockenheim was just a bad day where they still had pole and Hamilton led the first third of the race comfortably. I think Max will win tomorrow but the test for Honda will be Spa and Monza after the summer break which a power circuits where Red Bull have been nowhere the last two years.

Oct 28, 2017
Verstappen was great but the circuit is kind to red bull. From the rest they have good chances at Singapore and Brasil but the rest will be tough and Hamilton leads by like 60 points still.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly surprised that Ferrari have the stronger engine but lack downforce.
They could be trying to run less to take advantage of the engine, or they may just not have worked out how to get as much as Merc/RB.

Didn't Ferrari go a different way with outwash/inwash off the front wing compared to the others?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
It's not confirmed that Ferrari has the strongest PU. I think they have a slight advtange in quali mode but in race trim Mercedes is still the best engine in F1.
Also out of the corners I thought Ferrari were pulling away faster than others. I swear I remember people being surprised at GPS traces showing how much better they were than everyone else coming off corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.