• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
I read that too. It really is so odd, the revs make no sense. And massive inconsistencies with Barcelona
I agree, really baffling. Also another great piece of information is in the first comment about ERS issues - either they have a issues with ERS harvesting/delivery (which would point to unit overheating) or they used ERS in more aggressive way to compensate for something else.

We will see in Bahrain, but if they really have ERS issues and they will not fix them, they will be sitting ducks at Bahrain.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really sad for Kubica. It will be a really hard year for him to readapt, the car is awful and Russell is really quick.
It'll definitely take a few races to see how well he can adapt to current Formula 1. I fully expected him to make rookie mistakes in Australia caused by not racing in single seaters since his accident. And to be fair the incident at the start of the race could've happened to anyone.

As for the race, I'm glad Valtteri won for a change, but I'm hoping that Ferrari will be stronger in Bahrain and that RBR will continue to improve. Would've been a shame if Mercedes had an easy win this year.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Random stats n facts time:
  • NOR: First rookie to make it to Q3 on his debut since his teammate, SAI did so in 2015.
  • HAM: 8th pole position in Australia, but with only 2 wins to his name, makes it his worst pole to win conversion rate at any GP.
  • HAM: 13th consecutive season with at least 1 pole position.
  • BOT: 4th GP win, and with a gap of 20.8 secs to 2nd place, is a bigger margin than any race win from the 2018 season.
  • BOT: First ever driver to score 26pts at a GP, by taking the race win, and bonus point for fastest lap.
  • Racing Point: Scored their first points...
  • RBR Honda: First Honda powered car to finish on the podium since 2008.

Last edited:

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It'll definitely take a few races to see how well he can adapt to current Formula 1. I fully expected him to make rookie mistakes in Australia caused by not racing in single seaters since his accident. And to be fair the incident at the start of the race could've happened to anyone.
Pretty much. Also I have to say, for me Kubica has nothing to prove, I just admire that he was so determined to return to the sport even after all these years and at this age.

Oct 25, 2017
Marko "The best part of the package is the Honda engine. We need to improve the chassis."

tenor.gif

Never doubted the Asaki beast. Newey better pull his finger out for Bahrain, ffs.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
2nd place is still 2nd place, the gap to BOT didn't matter. HAM's race was 'done' after covering VET.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Funny thing is that HAM did not feel the effects of this until he switched to medium compound. After that issues with rear of the car appeared.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Funny thing is that HAM did not feel the effects of this until he switched to medium compound. After that issues with rear of the car appeared.

Uncorroborated, but someone on Reddit claimed they were at the race and saw a bit fly off his car when riding the T1-T2 kerb. (Which could have been after the tyre change.)

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Lewis, according to motorsport, thinks it happened around lap 4, when he began to lose contact with Bottas. There was a lot of debris on the track at the start of the race, for sure.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Don't know why we are discussing the 20 second gap. Sure Hamilton had a problem but Bottas wasn't pushing in the end (except for the fastest lap). It could be way more seconds but he didn't have to...

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
For those with the F1 subscription, does it work on more than one mobile device? As in can I be logged into my phone and tablet during the race, one for streaming, one for live timing?

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why we are discussing the 20 second gap. Sure Hamilton had a problem but Bottas wasn't pushing in the end (except for the fastest lap). It could be way more seconds but he didn't have to...
The only reason seems to be that the media wants to have something to talk about.

Everyone who knows racing knows that the early pit stop caused Ham to have to drive slower for more laps than Bottas.

But it seems the F1 media was more interested in creating a rival for Hamilton than stating the obvious or taking anything away from Bottas.

Oct 27, 2017
For those with the F1 subscription, does it work on more than one mobile device? As in can I be logged into my phone and tablet during the race, one for streaming, one for live timing?

EDIT: Just saw the two mobile devices so let me change my answer. I've been able to put the onboard camera for Kimi on my phone and had the main race feed on my laptop with the same F1 TV account.

The FAQ answer on this says only one video stream per account but then says live timing is ok even though that comes through as a video feed so I don't really know.
It is possible to connect to three devices at the same time. Once you log into a fourth, your device with the oldest connection will drop.

We will only allow one video stream per account at any one time so you will not be able to watch across multiple devices. You can of course watch video on one device and keep track of key stats like live timing and tyre info. Please note, head to head / battle mode is considered as one stream.

For additional help and support, please email [email protected].

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What about the last two years would make anyone assume Bottas suddenly has a 20s pure performance advantage over Hamilton?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
EDIT: Just saw the two mobile devices so let me change my answer. I've been able to put the onboard camera for Kimi on my phone and had the main race feed on my laptop with the same F1 TV account.

The FAQ answer on this says only one video stream per account but then says live timing is ok even though that comes through as a video feed so I don't really know.
Thanks this is perfect. I was hoping to do what you described, feed on one device, live timing on another.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Marko "The best part of the package is the Honda engine. We need to improve the chassis."

tenor.gif

Never doubted the Asaki beast. Newey better pull his finger out for Bahrain, ffs.

Random stats n facts time:
  • NOR: First rookie to make it to Q3 on his debut since his teammate, SAI did so in 2015.
  • HAM: 8th pole position in Australia, but with only 2 wins to his name, makes it his worst pole to win conversion rate at any GP.
  • HAM: 13th consecutive season with at least 1 pole position.
  • BOT: 4th GP win, and with a gap of 20.8 secs to 2nd place, is a bigger margin than any race win from the 2018 season.
  • BOT: First ever driver to score 26pts at a GP, by taking the race win, and bonus point for fastest lap.
  • Racing Point: Scored their first points...
  • RBR Honda: First Honda powered car to finish on the podium since 2008.

Moss and Wax. *now* it's an F1 thread :)

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
The aim of the game is to win by the smallest margin possible.

Take the least life out of all the engine bits that you only get three of. Take the least effort out of a body that has to last for 21 races.

Lewis had the rest of the field covered, and it's pointless to try and catch your team-mate when he's 10 seconds up the road on 10 lap fresher tyres around a circuit that sees ~5 overtakes per race if you're lucky.

Let's see how things sit after China.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Anyway, I know it's too early for this but I can see RB beating Ferrari this year. I mean, they always had a good car, and now they have a decent engine it seems, it was just one race but still good thing Honda had zero retirements, contrary to Sainz's Renault. Vettel's chances look slimmer than last year imo, two rival teams, instead of one and a stronger teammate.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I know it's too early for this but I can see RB beating Ferrari this year. I mean, they always had a good car, and now they have a decent engine it seems, it was just one race but still good thing Honda had zero retirements, contrary to Sainz's Renault. Vettel's chances look slimmer than last year imo, two rival teams, instead of one and a stronger teammate.

I agree, Vettel's chance was last year and he missed it, this year is going to be harder unless somehow Ferrari has a rocket and they couldn't take advantage of it in Australia. With more or less equal machinery I put my money on Hamilton or Max to win the title or at least to be in front of Vettel in the case of Max.

Is early to tell anyway but I have zero confidence in Vettel's mental strength if things get difficult with his teammate or because he will have to fight against more rivals, not only Hamilton.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, Vettel's chance was last year and he missed it, this year is going to be harder unless somehow Ferrari has a rocket and they couldn't take advantage of it in Australia. With more or less equal machinery I put my money on Hamilton or Max to win the title or at least to be in front of Vettel in the case of Max.

Is early to tell anyway but I have zero confidence in Vettel's mental strength if things get difficult with his teammate or because he will have to fight against more rivals, not only Hamilton.

Well Melbourne isn't anything to take as a metric for future developments...

But I could see Bottas taking points out of Hamilton, whereas LeClerc won't take them out of Vettel as he clearly has number 2 status (very clear from this race). But Max may take them out of Vettel.

So it may take a while for gaps to form even if Mercedes have a stronger car as Ham/Bot trade blows.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Are people seriously questioning Vettel's state of mind for a race in which he ran a risky strategy and had an engine issue which made him run like a whole second slower than he could go? Okay then.

Jul 19, 2018
Are people seriously questioning Vettel's state of mind for a race in which he ran a risky strategy and had an engine issue which made him run like a whole second slower than he could go? Okay then.

More for last season when he repeatedly cracked under any pressure and threw away a golden chance for the WDC. He's likely to have far more competition this year...

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Watched my first race finally yesterday and quite enjoyed it - fun stuff seems to be in the middle of the pack for sure. I had expected to see Hamilton dominate so that was a surprise at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.