• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
fia_formula_one_worldgbsnm.png

2019 FORMULA ONE SEASON

2019 RACE CALENDAR
17 March - Grand Prix of Australia - Melbourne
31 March - Grand Prix of Bahrain - Sakhir
14 April - Grand Prix of China - Shanghai
28 April - Grand Prix of Azerbaijan - Baku
12 May - Grand Prix of Spain - Barcelona
26 May - Grand Prix of Monaco - Monaco
9 June - Grand Prix of Canada - Montreal
23 June - Grand Prix of France - Le Castellet
30 June - Grand Prix of Austria - Spielberg
14 July - Grand Prix of Great Britain - Silverstone
28 July - Grand Prix of Germany - Hockenheim
4 August - Grand Prix Budapest - Hungary
1 September - Grand Prix of Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
8 September - Grand Prix of Italy - Monza
22 September - Grand Prix of Singapore - Singapore
29 September - Grand Prix of Russia - Sochi
13 October - Grand Prix of Japan - Suzuka
27 October - Grand Prix of Mexico - Mexico City
3 November - Grand Prix of the United States of America - Austin
17 November - Grand Prix of Brazil - Sao Paulo
1 December - Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina

2019 FORMULA 1 GRID
mercnfk5y.png

Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport
Engine: Mercedes
Drivers: 44. Lewis Hamilton, 77. Valtteri Bottas

ferrariiwjde.png

Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow
Engine: Ferrari
Drivers: 5. Sebastian Vettel, 16. Charles Leclerc

rbrnnklj.png

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Engine: Honda
Drivers: 33. Max Verstappen, 10. Pierre Gasly

renaultx4j27.png

Renault F1 Team
Engine: Renault
Drivers: 3. Daniel Ricciardo, 27. Nico Hülkenberg

haaswejeb.png

Rich Energy Haas F1 Team
Drivers: 8. Romain Grosjean, 20. Kevin Magnussen

mclarenbski2.png

McLaren F1 Team
Engine: Renault
Drivers: 55. Carlos Sainz, 4. Lando Norris

racingpointqkkrp.png

Racing Point F1 Team
Drivers: 11. Sergio Pérez, 18. Lance Stroll

alfaromeoe2jen.png

Alfa Romeo Racing
Drivers: 7. Kimi Raikkonen, 99. Antonio Giovinazzi

tororossouyjv2.png

Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda
Engine: Honda
Drivers: 26. Daniil Kvyat, 23. Alexander Albon

williamsx7kbf.png

ROKiT Williams Racing
Drivers: 88. Robert Kubica, 63. George Russel

2019 RULE CHANGES
  • The fastest lap driven during a race will now award both the driver and his team one championship point, provided the driver is classified in the top ten of the race results. If the driver classifies outside of the top ten, no point will be awarded.
  • New front wings, width has been increased to span the tires, endplates have been simplified and wing-elements have been simplified to decrease the wake trailing a car and making it easier to follow and overtake other cars.
  • New barge boards have been made smaller and are repositioned, once again to reduce the wake created by these elements.
  • New rear wings, same as front wings, made wider and simplified to reduce the wake trailing the cars. The wider size also increases the DRS effect, increasing the speed gain.
  • New brake ducts, simplified to allow for less aerodynamic elements.
  • After a Safety Car period ends, drivers may not overtake other cars before they pass the finish line. Previously overtaking was allowed from the safety-car line.
  • There are now 5 dry-weather tire compounds. From hardest to softest designated as C1 to C5 respectively. Three compounds will be selected by Pirelli ahead of the race and color coded and named as White Hard, Yellow Medium and Red Soft.
  • Drivers are now weighed separately from the car. A minimum weight of 80kg is set for the driver and his seat, if the driver weighs less, ballast weight will be added to the seat.
  • Car weight including driver weight is now 740kg, up from 733kg.
  • The full limit is increased by 5kg to 110kg of fuel for a race. Allowing for less fuel saving during the race.
  • Cars will no longer be scrutineered by the FIA before the race weekend. Instead, random checks by the stewards will occur and teams will self-scrutineer and sign a declaration that their car complies with the regulations.
  • End-of-race signal has been changed from the chequered flag (which will still be waved ceremoniously) to a chequered light panel, to avoid mistakes by guest flag wavers waving too early.
  • New helmet regulations require stronger helmets with increased impact protection and energy absorption. They also have 10mm narrower visors.
  • Two extra lights are placed on the wing-end plates on the back of the car, to compliment the centered light.
  • Drivers now wear biometric gloves to check a drivers pulse and blood-oxygen rates, so medical staff can check their vitals after a crash where they can't communicate with a driver.

DISCORD
We have a Discord, feel free to join us by clicking the link hidden in the quote:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

FANTASY LEAGUE
The Official Era fantasy league is also up at the hidden link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Era F1 logo courtesy of deim0s

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm looking forward to the season. Hopefully Ferrari can keep it together for a full season to challenge Mercedes. I can't really type that with a straight face, lol

Cars will no longer be scrutineered by the FIA before the race weekend. Instead, random checks by the stewards will occur and teams will self-scrutineer and sign a declaration that their car complies with the regulations.
Can't imagine anything will go wrong with this

End-of-race signal has been changed from the chequered flag (which will still be waved ceremoniously) to a chequered light panel, to avoid mistakes by guest flag wavers waving too early.
LOL

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: Gasly will have more crashes than points by the 5th race before he is swapped with Kvyat therefore sealing the greatest sports comeback in history.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have that tingling feeling that Red Bull felt like 2019 was the year Renault truly became the lead Renault engined team and went with Honda to get the first class service you can only get as a works team, as well as having an excuse of "but Honda tho" after Renault start kicking their asses.

At least that's what I'm hoping for lol, I just really want Ricciardo to not have made a very bad choice.

OP
OP
Aiii

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I have that tingling feeling that Red Bull felt like 2019 was the year Renault truly became the lead Renault engined team and went with Honda to get the first class service you can only get as a works team, as well as having an excuse of "but Honda tho" after Renault start kicking their asses.

At least that's what I'm hoping for lol, I just really want Ricciardo to not have made a very bad choice.
Renault have consistently promised upgrades in reliability and power before every season start and have yet to deliver.

Meanwhile, Red Bull had their Renault data, alongside the Honda data, and chose to move to Honda despite having the option to stick with Renault.

Worst case scenario here is that it was a lateral move and they'll have gained nothing power wise, while still taking a couple of engine penalties here and there. So yeah, Renault will still need to hope they've managed to close the gap to the top 3 a little bit and that at least 3 of those six cars fail, and hopefully they can beat the 4th to get a podium. I really wouldn't be holding my breath on this one. We might see a Renault on the podium somewhere, but it might just as well be an Alfa or Haas, tbh.

To be honest, I suspect Red Bull are a lot closer to the top two than this time last year, so I don't think we'll see much change on the gap from F1 to F1.5

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Lovely OP.

I'm thinking it'll be a closely fought championship battle between Hamilton, Vettel and Leclerc.

Red Bull taking a few wins and Renault close behind.

McLaren doing better than previous seasons with Lando impressing.

A tightly packed midfield and Williams sadly coming last with Kubica doing well, but Russell having the advantage over the season.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the new Fastest Lap rule. I wonder what it will bring in reality.

Given the gap between the top teams and the others, it'll mean that the last of the top drivers will just do an extra stop 2 laps from the end because he's got 90 seconds advantage on 5th/6th/7th anyway and can do well with an extra point.

Dec 29, 2017
I think the battle for World Driver's Championship will be closer than last year. With the title being decided in Abu Dhabi. Hamilton will most likely win number 6. Ferrari will have a strong year. Vettel will edge out Leclerc but not by much.

Red Bull's move to Honda will be more of a lateral move. I think they'll still score more points than last year but still be the number 3 team.

Alfa Romeo will improve and will battle Renault and Toro Rosso for 4th. With Haas and Racing Point the best of the rest.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Leclerc will take wins off of Vettel on tracks where Ferrari are stronger.

Bottas wont take wins off of Hamilton on tracks where Mercedes are stronger.

Ferrari win 11 races and the WCC, Hamilton wins 10 races and the WDC.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for creating a new topic. Can't wait for this season. Vettel better bring it this year. I don't want the championship to be a 1 driver sprint.

Also, really excited to see what Chuck Norris / Lando Calrisian can do with the Mclaren. As a motorsport and F1 fan, it's hard to see Mclaren languishing in the back.

P.S Can we do a prediction as to how many front wings are gonna go in the first race? Those things look massive.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
To celebrate the start of the new season I thought it might be fun to play a guessing game!

Below are the reported driver salaries (without bonuses or driver sponsorship estimates) paid by the teams to their star drivers.

The list is in order of highest salaries to the lowest, can you guess the F1 salaries?

Source:
Disclaimer: The source could be nonsense.

Some of these are quite surprising.

2019 F1 Driver Salaries

Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
£40,000,000
Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
£30,500,000
Daniel Ricciardo (Renault)
£26,500,000
Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
£10,000,000
Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
£6,500,000
Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo)
£3,500,000
Nico Hulkenberg (Renault)
£3,500,000
Carlos Sainz (McLaren)
£3,000,000
Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
£2,500,000
Sergio Perez (Racing Point)
£2,500,000
Romain Grosjean (Haas)
£1,400,000
Pierre Gasly (Red Bull)
£1,000,000
Lance Stroll (Racing Point)
£900,000
Kevin Magnussen (Haas)
£900,000
Robert Kubica (Williams)
£430,000
Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso)
£230,000
Lando Norris (McLaren)
£200,000
Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo)
£175,000
George Russell (Williams)
£140,000
Alexander Albon (Toro Rosso)
£130,000

Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) £40,000,000
Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) £30,500,000
Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) £26,500,000
Max Verstappen (Red Bull) £10,000,000
Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) £6,500,000
Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo) £3,500,000
Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) £3,500,000
Carlos Sainz (McLaren) £3,000,000
Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) £2,500,000
Sergio Perez (Racing Point) £2,500,000
Romain Grosjean (Haas) £1,400,000
Pierre Gasly (Red Bull) £1,000,000
Lance Stroll (Racing Point) £900,000
Kevin Magnussen (Haas) £900,000
Robert Kubica (Williams) £430,000
Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso) £230,000
Lando Norris (McLaren) £200,000
Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo) £175,000
George Russell (Williams) £140,000
Alexander Albon (Toro Rosso) £130,000

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think the battle for World Driver's Championship will be closer than last year. With the title being decided in Abu Dhabi. Hamilton will most likely win number 6. Ferrari will have a strong year. Vettel will edge out Leclerc but not by much.

Red Bull's move to Honda will be more of a lateral move. I think they'll still score more points than last year but still be the number 3 team.

Alfa Romeo will improve and will battle Renault and Toro Rosso for 4th. With Haas and Racing Point the best of the rest.

Did you purposely not mention Rokit Racing because you are dead sure last place is the best case scenario.

Just looking at the OP they def arent ready for F1.
legit if they were a new team joining the fun, we would have all been laughing our asses off, while crying to see Kubicas return to F1 be to Rokit.

The livery even looks cheap compared to the other teams....didnt early photoshop days gradients go out of fashion.

<-- Pretty much just realized how much he likes hard color cuts and textured gradients.
Rattle can paint jobs dont even fly on the Le-Mons cars these days.
They atleast have stencils and try.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Kubica, Vettel, Hamilton, Ricciardo, Verstappen press conference on Thursday. Finally we have a 6-man press instead of the 3-man.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Really digging Alfa Romeo and their lineup this year. Think it'll be a fun team to watch.

Is a shame Williams are proper dogshit, but at least McLaren look a little closer to the midfield teams now.

Kubica, Vettel, Hamilton, Ricciardo, Verstappen press conference on Thursday. Finally we have a 6-man press instead of the 3-man.

Firstly, you listed 5 drivers not 6, and secondly, Thursday press conferences have had 6 drivers for ages.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was at the Red Bull factory today, as it happens. There's a pretty positive energy than I've not seen over the last few years, and it wasn't just the coconut flavour Red Bull.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
If true, Ricciardo earning almost 8 times more than Hülkenberg shows just how important image and likability really is. Those two are at pretty much the same level talentwise.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
If true, Ricciardo earning almost 8 times more than Hülkenberg shows just how important image and likability really is. Those two are at pretty much the same level talentwise.

Also, to be honest, I never really bought Ricciardo's "Renault is a work in progress, a new challenge, it's time for change" etc schtick, especially after seeing the "I want to win" stuff from the Netflix doc. Renault bankrolled him hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.