• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razgreez

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I'm surprised about that, because the front wing changed from inwash to outwash.

It was merely an experiment harkening back to pre outwash days when the design philosphy focused on getting as much air as possible to the underbody - which Mercedes's existing concept is still centered around ergo the low rake

OP
OP
Aiii

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Ah I see, I'll look what I can do for it. I usually dont follow F1 but it would be interesting to give it a go.

Who should I root for? :p
I was expecting you to tell me which country lol.

Also, pick someone yourself down the line, because pretty much every driver has a following, they're all decent lads.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
I'm supporting Lando and McLaren this year in general. Followed him since FIA F3 and it's exciting to see him finally hit the big time.

For the championship I'm hoping Lewis does it again, but if it turns out Ferrari are dominant, I'm Leclerc all the way.

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting you to tell me which country lol.

Also, pick someone yourself down the line, because pretty much every driver has a following, they're all decent lads.
I'm from Mexico.

Do you like
winners? - Lewis Hamilton & Mercedes
heartbreak? - Sebastian Vettel & Ferrari
plucky underdogs? - Kimi Raikkonen & Alfa Romeo
lost causes? - Robert Kubica & Williams
Thanks!

I guess I'll root for Kimi because I like Finland.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
I can never get the quote to see reply thing work. I'm interested in the fantasy league - any guidance?

Edit: Never mind - figured it out.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
How...have we not yet matched up the drivers to their counterparts in top gun yet? This seems like a massive oversight

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
Hugely excited for this coming season. Had followed F1 casually in the past and fell off after Vettels dominance with Red Bull. After watching the Netflix series I'm more excited than ever. LeClercs story is incredible and I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Charlie Whiting has passed away. :(

FIA Director of Formula One, Charlie Whiting, has sadly passed away this morning (14 March 2019), in Melbourne, aged 66, as the result of a pulmonary embolism, three days before the Australian Grand Prix which will open the F1 season. He began his F1 career in 1977 working at the Hesketh team, then in the 1980s at Brabham. He has been an integral part of the organisation of the FIA Formula One World Championship since he joined the Federation in 1988, and has been the Race Director since 1997.

FIA President Jean Todt said: "It is with immense sadness that I learned of Charlie's sudden passing. I have known Charlie Whiting for many years and he has been a great Race Director, a central and inimitable figure in Formula One who embodied the ethics and spirit of this fantastic sport. Formula 1 has lost a faithful friend and a charismatic ambassador in Charlie. All my thoughts, those of the FIA and entire motor sport community go out to his family, friends, and all Formula One lovers."

Last edited:

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, end of an era. I've seen him be the boss on the grid since I was a kid.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
That's just horrible news and the timing somehow makes it seem even worse. God damn, such a shame to lose the guy who's officiated F1 for as long as I can remember, 66 is too young. What a gut punch.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
He's been there for as long as I can remember and was a driving force behind the push to increase safety. The F1 family lost a great man today. :(

chuseph14

Oct 26, 2017
PEs are common in older people, especially after long flights. Either way, RIP Charlie. You mean so much to F1 and this loss will be felt for a long time

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Drive to Survive is making me extremely excited for the race this weekend.
At the same time, the news about Charlie really sucks. The sport is has a huge hole in it now. It's making watching Drive to Survive real difficult.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Man that's a devastating loss days before the first race, 24 hours before the first session. He's been race director for so damn long.

Thinking back on all of the radio chatter to tell Charlie about _____ cheated/cut/hit etc. He'll certainly be missed.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Shocked about Whiting's passing, used to infuriate me at times with his caution but the man cared about the drivers more than anything, which is rare in multimillion dollar elite sports. By all accounts had time for the fans too.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Just heard the news. A great guy in an often thankless job.

The drivers briefing videos from recent seasons showed what a class act he was. Incredibly tactful and professional amongst all those egos.

Incredibly unfortunate timing too. RIP Charlie.

Hardan

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. This reall makes me sad.
Charlie always seemed like the calm and sensible rock that is able to keep control of the race in all this intrigue and politics.

I hope his successor will be able to keep this control....

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Charlie. The sport lost probably one of the most underappreciated people associated with it. This'll make for a weird weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.