• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Quote for new page

Didn;t see it posted so apologies if it was

D1mrqEcUkAAeqO-.jpg:large

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Leclerc reminds me of a young Roger Federer. Determined, focused, glimpses of greatness and wiser than his years suggest. I think this is the beginning of something great with him, I can see a multiple world champion no doubt.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Naa As much as I'd love it to still be on the BBC, they don't have the money for the rights. Its not like Wombledon who don't even want to put it on anywhere else.

I was one of those that would gladly have paid the BBC to keep doing it if I could but it was never an option.

I'd have more sympathy for the BBC if they didn't spend £212 million on bloody football highlights (not including the exorbitant wages Lineker et al are paid) at the expense of virtually all live sport. They don't even show live coverage of The Open any more.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to post my predictions! Here they are.

Expecting a really close season up and down the lineup. The mid-field is basically impossible to predict.

WCC

Ferrari - Leclerc is able to score enough points to make this happen, beating Bottas regularly and Hamilton a few times. I think this is their year with new leadership that should be focused on keeping the upgrades coming properly through the season.
Mercedes - They'll gain late, as always, but it won't be enough. It'll be close, though.
Red Bull - As usual, I'd expect them to start the year on the back foot and then be monstrous with some upgrades. Don't think they'll get the power with Honda that they want, but the reliability will be on par with what they've gotten the last couple of years.
Renault - They've refocused and have a number one driver to help lead them for a few years.
McLaren - Yeah, I said it. Completely removing the driver pairing of 'cursed and worst' and being able to implement a new chassis which will remove the fundamental flaws from last year's car will work wonders for this team.
Haas - Quick and steady. Their drivers are good but not great and good but not great results they will get.
Alfa Romeo - Raikkonen will help a ton all around, from driving to car setup. But Giovinazzi is a big question mark.
Toro Rosso - They'll have some great results, but the drivers aren't good and they'll be testing engines a lot.
Racing . - I believe that this may be the biggest question mark on the grid. I think Stroll is putting some extra cash into the team, but it's going to take a bit to come together.
Team ERA Racing - I was against bringing in the dog from that Chemical Brothers music video to be lead driver. Sure, she has prosthetic arms but how the heck is she supposed to push the pedals?
Williams - *sigh*

WDC

Sebastian Vettel - Going to be close and will test his nerve at times. Will also be pushed by his team mate far harder than recent years.
Lewis Hamilton - He's going to be pissed.
Charles Leclerc - "Charles, it's James."

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Let's wait a few races first.
I think he's as fast as Max but with maturity. Only question is his wet weather performance. I remember he was disappointing in the wet last year, where Max is excellent. Vettel will need to be better than he has been the last couple of years to stamp his authority early.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'd have more sympathy for the BBC if they didn't spend £212 million on bloody football highlights (not including the exorbitant wages Lineker et al are paid) at the expense of virtually all live sport. They don't even show live coverage of The Open any more.
At this point I'm guessing they just don't want to lose what for them has been a mainstay for 55 years, despite falling viewing figures. This might be the last time they pay up for it.

As for wages, meh, if you're in demand you get paid. They could get some unknown to do it for £200k but nobody does that.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I have a lovely Sky ad bumper page on my screen.

E - I'm guessing most people were actually watching an ad. I got to listen to some banter in the booth.

And now I have a black star on a white background. Pull it together, people!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I inadvertently let my "Kayo Sports" (Fox Sports) $5 trial lapse so I'm watching the F1 via that today. No bollocksing around with VPN to get F1TV working (properly), and it's streaming to my work PC fine. Only as of the last 10 mins though, no idea if F1TV proper is still having issues.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Bottas, whoops.

Also, Hulk now has .5s on Danny, only 1.5 off Merc. Not horrible at this stage.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
It is so weird watching an RBR drive around and not having any connection to the team whatsoever. First time since 2006 that they haven't had an Australian driver, and I couldn't care less for them.

Watched an episode or two of that F1 series on Netflix, and I just felt sorry for them during Monaco :(

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
It is so weird watching an RBR drive around and not having any connection to the team whatsoever. First time since 2006 that they haven't had an Australian driver, and I couldn't care less for them.
Same thing for me when there were no Brazilian driver at Ferrari after so many years with Barrichello and Massa.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017

Watched an episode or two of that F1 series on Netflix, and I just felt sorry for them during Monaco :(

Claire Williams doubting her ability to lead the team was quite revealing too. I can't see a way out for Williams that does not involve being sold to someone with deep pockets.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Claire Williams doubting her ability to lead the team was quite revealing too. I can't see a way out for Williams that does not involve being sold to someone with deep pockets.

They dont even neccesarily need to sell 100%, they could sell a large majority and still be involved some how. Just...not involved with the actual car. They'd be more likely to keep her brother around running the heritage thing than her, 1000% lol

Edit: I feel like pride comes before the fall with her. The speech about being a B team over her dead body was just so insane. They're a C level team under her management thus far to put it bluntly. HAAS and Racing point are atleast able to be competent and even get a good finish now and then, the same cannot be said for Williams

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I inadvertently let my "Kayo Sports" (Fox Sports) $5 trial lapse so I'm watching the F1 via that today. No bollocksing around with VPN to get F1TV working (properly), and it's streaming to my work PC fine. Only as of the last 10 mins though, no idea if F1TV proper is still having issues.
I'm on the 14 day free trial of Kayo Sports and it worked quite well. It did freeze twice (requiring me to refresh my browser), but the quality was otherwise excellent at 1080p. It uses the Sky feed for any Aussies who are curious.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They dont even neccesarily need to sell 100%, they could sell a large majority and still be involved some how. Just...not involved with the actual car. They'd be more likely to keep her brother around running the heritage thing than her, 1000% lol

Edit: I feel like pride comes before the fall with her. The speech about being a B team over her dead body was just so insane. They're a C level team under her management thus far to put it bluntly. HAAS and Racing point are atleast able to be competent and even get a good finish now and then, the same cannot be said for Williams

She is in complete denial. They are nearly 3 seconds off the team in front of them. That's nuts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.