• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed in Norris's treatment of Monster Munch. I don't live in the UK anymore and miss them so much, he doesn't know he's born.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
NO

Pickled Onion is bullshit, Roast Beef is the true MM.

Love Lando, he seems to be the only kid in F1 who actually behaves like a kid.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Silly season is in full effect. Thus far I've read rumors about Vettel looking to return to Red Bull. Nico Hulkenburg being eyed as a replacement of Gasly by Red Bull (would be conflicting). Ferrari looking at Ricciardo and Bottas as a replacement for Vettel. Ocon getting a seat at Renault.

I'd actually like the idea of Vettel leaving the toxic environment and general strategic incompetence of Ferrari behind to return to his old team. I'd like to see him bring the fight to Max. It would certainly be a great driver lineup. But I simply can't see that happening. I'd sooner see him leave the sport behind all together.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Not really a fair comparison. Verstappen's been embedded in a team that's now built around him for over 3 years. LeClerc's in a team where he's the number 2 driver for 3 months!

I think we can make that comparison though.

With Verstappen that killer instinct was apparent straight away.

He came in and started rocking the boat straight away.

I don't see that to the same level with Leclerc tbh

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I think we can make that comparison though.

With Verstappen that killer instinct was apparent straight away.

He came in and started rocking the boat straight away.

I don't see that to the same level with Leclerc tbh
Oh yeah I agree that Max hit the ground running but, to play devil's advocate, how many times has LeClerc beem given the shaft through no fault of his own this season?

EDIT: I'm not saying they're comparable drivers as Verstappen could be miles better, I just think that LeClerc has had a much rougher start than Max.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silly season indeed my friends. No reason for Vettel to leave, the only step up would be Mercedes but they learned in 2016 how they don't want a second driver who's fast enough to compete with the first. Going to Red Bull to snag the occasional win here and there is not quite a change, at least with Ferrari he fought for titles, plus Red Bull is not gonna want to taint their past (Vettel if he gets beaten by Verstappen) or their future (Verstappen if he gets beaten by Vettel). Leclerc is doing well and he's been dreaming of Ferrari (plus there's the Bianchi connection), no chance he's leaving anytime soon if the team is in anywhere near a good shape (and as much as people here love to mock 'em, they've been consistently up there fighting for podiums and wins even on their worst seasons for decades now).

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Yep. Last year, you got a choice on who you replaced, now you just take over for the second driver, apparently. I'd much rather be against Stroll, though, as I'm certain to be getting smoked for a few races while I learn to drive the car and find some setups that work for me. Also, I'm not some rando, I bring a lucrative resetera sponsorship with me!
I wonder if it is random and not replacing the second driver, because I joined McLaren and replaced Carlos Sainz. Surely he is first driver for McLaren, right?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Retirement, according to the article. He's recently married, disillusioned with the sport, not at a team that can win the championship, etc. etc. Not likely, but something Ferrari would want to be prepared for.

I've read that, and honestly it seems far-fetched. Nobody but Mercedes can win the title right now and aside from a couple drivers there's like Hamilton (winning most races), Verstappen (hyped like crazy and often imune to penalties) or Kubica (he must be in heaven considering his F1 career seemed over years ago) there probably aren't many drivers satisfied with the state of F1. But you know, we've seen stranger things happen. Raikkonen retired after less than 10 years in the sport, then came back and did almost as many years as he did before getting out. Anything can happen I suppose, but I don't see Vettel retiring anytime soon.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hamilton wins the title and swaps with Vettel for 2020.

Can't see Hamilton going anywhere unless they have a dominant car if he's one title away from matching the record

Not sure if Hamilton is even that interested in Ferrari - even as a pity drive towards the end of his career.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if Ricciardo to Renault was really just the first step of his master plan to extricate himself from RBR and wait for a Merc/Ferrari seat.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Ricciardo to Renault was really just the first step of his master plan to extricate himself from RBR and wait for a Merc/Ferrari seat.

Pretty sure it was mostly about getting out of Red Bull where he was destined to be a #2 driver. He got paid at Renault, and he will likely get some pretty good pickings at a top team when a slot becomes available. Even back at RedBull if Verstappen takes off.

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually like the idea of Vettel leaving the toxic environment and general strategic incompetence of Ferrari behind to return to his old team. I'd like to see him bring the fight to Max. It would certainly be a great driver lineup. But I simply can't see that happening. I'd sooner see him leave the sport behind all together.

It would be slaughter, IMO. He has nothing to bring.

chuseph14

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I'd shit myself if Danny got a Ferrari seat. Not only because I'm a ridiculous fan, but to see a Red Bull pairing back together at a different team would be amazing. And to see what happens to Vettel. I immediately poopoo the idea tho. Though the tides are changing, it's still not in Ferrari's wheelhouse to run two potential number 1 drivers.

I don't see Ric leaving until after next season at the earliest.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Why all this talk about Danny? I'd assume his contract would be for a good couple more years.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Danny didn't want to be number 2 to Max but he wants to be number 2 to Charles?
You really think Leclerc is faster than DannyRic? One's a proven race winner, the other one got passed 3 laps before the end of the race the last last GP. Riccardo is a safe bet for any team, We haven't seen anything special from Leclerc yet.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently he has a clause in his Renault contract that allows him to leave in 2020 if he gets an offer from Mercedes or Ferrari (specifically).
No shit? That would be a hell of a sunken cost for Renault if that happened. Well, I guess I cross my fingers for the guy then... could see him being a Rosberg-esque foil for Lewis.

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
9cu8u8hp3c831.jpg

Jesus christ Renault what is u doing bb

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
You really think Leclerc is faster than DannyRic? One's a proven race winner, the other one got passed 3 laps before the end of the race the last last GP. Riccardo is a safe bet for any team, We haven't seen anything special from Leclerc yet.
If Ferrari thought he was faster, he'd be in the seat.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Can't see Hamilton going anywhere unless they have a dominant car if he's one title away from matching the record

Not sure if Hamilton is even that interested in Ferrari - even as a pity drive towards the end of his career.

He'll have won 3 in a row, 5 in 6 years and be one behind Schumacher with a good couple of years left in him at the top. Win a couple with Ferrari and he'll be outright top as well as having done it with the 3 best teams in the sport. You know he'd love that shit.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I may live in a bubble but after Mercedes, Ferrari has been the strongest team in this era. Second best car of the previous era as well, winning a title and narrowly missing out on two on the one before too. If Ferrari would be a "pity drive", I wonder what other teams would be.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm waiting to play F1 2019 (it'll probably be on Game Pass soon enough like the previous two games), but they still have this "realistic career" in which the only management you do is replying to one out of 3 pre-made answers? They really need to step up their game if that's the case :\

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Mercedes to release Ocon?

Couple of things I take from that. Firstly that Bottas knows he's on borrowed time with Mercedes if he doesn't pick up. Secondly that if anyone wants Ocon then they're going to be paying a premium for him. Could last years failed Renault move be back on the cards?

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there some talk about Hamilton (like any driver) wanting to drive for Ferrari? I remember Wolff saying something like that when they were renegotiating Hamilton's contact.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Hamilton would be ready for the level of scrutiny he'd get at Ferrari.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I don't think Hamilton would be ready for the level of scrutiny he'd get at Ferrari.

He's been under a lot more scrutiny than any other driver since he's joined F1.

The press melts down whenever he utters one word wrong.

I could see OCO move to Renault to replace HUL, who in turn will take GAS' spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.