• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How dumb is the Haas marketing team? Someone is going to lose their jobs for this.

You have got to vet partners, especially a shady one like this.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
How dumb is the Haas marketing team? Someone is going to lose their jobs for this.

You have got to vet partners, especially a shady one like this.

The vetting process should have gone a little like this.

VP of marketing Haas F1

"Hey Haas marketing team..I am both thirsty and in need of a bit more vetting of our potential new sponsorship partner. How about you head out and buy me a can of Rich Energy...what's that? You cam't find their amazingly successful product for sale?

Hmm we might want to hold off on the announcement...get me a coke instead."

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
The whole backstory to this must have gone over my head.

How exactly did these people manage to get themselves a prime spot on a formula 1 car?

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The vetting process should have gone a little like this.

VP of marketing Haas F1

"Hey Haas marketing team..I am both thirsty and in need of a bit more vetting of our potential new sponsorship partner. How about you head out and buy me a can of Rich Energy...what's that? You cam't find their amazingly successful product for sale?

Hmm we might want to hold off on the announcement...get me a coke instead."
The vetting process went like this:

VP of marketing

"This Rich Energy company seems super shady."

Gene Haas

"Did the check clear?"

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
The vetting process went like this:

VP of marketing

"This Rich Energy company seems super shady."

Gene Haas

"Did the check clear?"

Yeah. I doubt Haas were going to have another title sponsor if Rich Energy (or rather, their bank) hadn't stumped up the cash. So it's basically bonus money for Haas that they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

Dec 29, 2017
I kinda preferred their old livery anyway.

f1-haas-f1-livery-unveil-2018-haas-f1-team-2018-livery-7498840.jpg

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
Mental, from beginning to end. The drama and excitement that's been missing from the racing has been made up in silly season antics since the end of 2018 season.

Oct 26, 2017
Man, that entire Rich Energy story was a roller coaster from beginning to end in flat out "WTF?"-ness. The amount of shady money that must be flowing in that shell company must've not been worth the heat it was attracting from observers everywhere. I can't wait for the exposé that'll come out from this in the future about how Haas ran with this idea. It's going to make for gripping reading.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
The livery is boring, but I hope they keep the color scheme. I like the black and gold, I just think they could do something different with it to make it more exciting.

Also, BYE Rich Energy. You won't be missed.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the Haas cars and team will look like tomorrow?

I guess they will keep the logos to not risk breaching any kind of contract while they look at the legal stuff?

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
Take this with a pinch of salt until properly verified but apparantly the termination Tweet was a result of Rich Energy investors sacking William Storey.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.