• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I always love it when the drivers act like regular damn people on camera.

Kudos to Haas for making their title sponsor an even bigger joke than Mission: Win Now!
Confirmed GP for 2020. (in no particular order).
  • Albert Park: Australian Grand Prix
  • Bahrain International Circuit: Bahrain Grand Prix
  • Shanghai International Circuit: Chinese Grand Prix
  • Baku City Circuit: Azerbaijan Grand Prix
  • Monaco: Monaco Grand Prix
  • Circuit Gilles Villeneuve: Canadian Grand Prix
  • Paul Ricard: French Grand Prix
  • Red Bull Ring: Austrian Grand Prix
  • Silverstone: British Grand Prix
  • Hungaroring: Hungarian Grand Prix
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Belgian Grand Prix
  • Monza: Italian Grand Prix
  • Singapore: Singapore Grand Prix
  • Sochi Autodrom: Russian Grand Prix
  • Suzuka: Japanese Grand Prix
  • Circuit of the Americas: United States Grand Prix
  • Interlagos: Brazilian Grand Prix
  • Yas Marina: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
  • Hanoi: Vietnam Grand Prix
  • Zandvoort: Dutch Grand Prix
Current GP that are out of contract come end of 2019 season.
  • Circuit de Catalunya: Spanish Grand Prix
  • Hockenheim: German Grand Prix
  • Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez: Mexican Grand Prix
Is the alleged new Brazil track for 2021? And I didn't know that Hanoi was coming next year already. I have extremely low expectations for it and Zandvoort, but it would take skill to somehow be worse than Barcelona.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
First and only live race of the season on Channel 4 now. Probably going to watch all the sessions since there's no guarantee they'll even have F1 next year.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Is the alleged new Brazil track for 2021? And I didn't know that Hanoi was coming next year already. I have extremely low expectations for it and Zandvoort, but it would take skill to somehow be worse than Barcelona.

No idea on the future of the Brazilian GP. The Rio track seems unlikely to happen anytime soon however. Ideally InterLagos can secure a deal, maybe we will hear something when we get to Brazil later this season. Hanoi track layout somewhat reminds me of an even more boring version of the Korean GP circuit. Zandvoort is a fantastic track to drive on, racing and overtaking though? It isn't the best, very narrow and hardly any heavy braking zones.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
D_RBN6oUEAAei63.jpg_large-700x367.jpg

How does he still have a seat?!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't joking I fucking love Formula E, thinking about making an OT once these finale's are on youtube to entice people in to watching this year's season ahead of the next one.

I'd like Da Costa or Mitch Evans to win.

Good idea, I'd sub to that immediately. I was skeptical after the first races because while the order would drastically change from race to race, I feared it was due to the new regulations and cars, and there weren't a lot of passes or exciting moments. I think we all remember how the first race went: quite literally a train from start to finish except for the leading 2 cars crashing each other out in the final corner of the final lap. Nowadays however every race is full of passes, tactics, unpredictable shit, and all this on mostly street circuits. It's easily one of the most entertaining series right now, and I know people love to shit on it because "lulz burnout F1 drivers", but those who follow other series know that the likes of Buemi, Di Grassi, Lopez or Abt aren't exactly "not even good enough for F1" trash.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good idea, I'd sub to that immediately. I was skeptical after the first races because while the order would drastically change from race to race, I feared it was due to the new regulations and cars, and there weren't a lot of passes or exciting moments. I think we all remember how the first race went: quite literally a train from start to finish except for the leading 2 cars crashing each other out in the final corner of the final lap. Nowadays however every race is full of passes, tactics, unpredictable shit, and all this on mostly street circuits. It's easily one of the most entertaining series right now, and I know people love to shit on it because "lulz burnout F1 drivers", but those who follow other series know that the likes of Buemi, Di Grassi, Lopez or Abt aren't exactly "not even good enough for F1" trash.
That Mexico E Prix when, I think it was Rowland, lost all his power right at the end and lost pole position.

Man, what a fucking race.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Mexico E Prix when, I think it was Rowland, lost all his power right at the end and lost pole position.

Man, what a fucking race.

Yeah, that shit was bonkers. The whole final lap was unbelieveable to follow.

See, this is the kind of unpredictable madness I miss from Formula 1. There's occasionally a bonkers finish like Spa 2008 (or Brazil 2008, for that matter), but it's too damn rare to have anything exciting to happen in the final laps of the race. We come from a race where it just happened in F1 too, and it was the first time since... when? Austria 2016 maybe?

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that shit was bonkers. The whole final lap was unbelieveable to follow.

See, this is the kind of unpredictable madness I miss from Formula 1. There's occasionally a bonkers finish like Spa 2008 (or Brazil 2008, for that matter), but it's too damn rare to have anything exciting to happen in the final laps of the race. We come from a race where it just happened in F1 too, and it was the first time since... when? Austria 2016 maybe?

I rewatched that video and it's so damn good!

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What planet is this?

"Gasly tops FP1".

Also, +1 for an FE thread.
Right, I'll do it next week when the NY races are on YT.

The annoying thing about FE is that it's a pain in the ass to try and watch, I'm in New Zealand, they don't even show it live on any channel. I have to wait a whole week and avoid spoilers so that I can watch it on their YT channel.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Right, I'll do it next week when the NY races are on YT.

The annoying thing about FE is that it's a pain in the ass to try and watch, I'm in New Zealand, they don't even show it live on any channel. I have to wait a whole week and avoid spoilers so that I can watch it on their YT channel.

It's unnecessarily difficult here in the U.S. as well. FE races are broadcast on one of the many Fox variants but never near when the actual race takes place. Qualifying usually goes up fairly close to the actual event but the race itself sometimes takes days to air.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

If it happened every week it wouldn't be special.

Just this season we've had Bahrain and Austria with absolutely mental finishes, how much more often do you want it?

If people want more "messy" races it would be very easy. Just fill the F1 grid with a bunch of hasbeens and neverweres like FE does, it leads to mistakes and mistakes lead to excitement.

Last edited:

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Not Formula 1, but I'm going to the Formula E race here in Brooklyn tomorrow. Anything I should know beforehand or make sure to check out from people who've previously gone?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it happened every week it wouldn't be special.

Just this season we've had Bahrain and Austria with absolutely mental finishes, how much more often do you want it?

If people want more "messy" races it would be very easy. Just fill the F1 grid with a bunch of hasbeens and neverweres like FE does, it leads to mistakes and mistakes lead to excitement.

Bahrein was fun but... mental finish? The leader had a car issue 2/3rds in and was passed without any chance to defend himself by two other cars before a SC saved him from further position losses. The other key event (Vettel spinning out) happened a lot earlier. We had one race this year where the winner wasn't a done deal coming into the final laps, and we seem to be lucky to get one of these races per year nowadays as normally the positions after the only (the one and only, usually) pit stop are then set in stone.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does that video purposely glitch out at the moment the event happens? That video is showing nothing

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Oh god no. Please not refuelling.

Formula 1 bosses are discussing bringing back refuelling in 2021. Jean Todt, the president of governing body the FIA, said he would like to bring back the practice, which was outlawed before the 2010 season.

Todt said a final decision would be made on the basis of a study on the potential effects. "Personally, I would like to see refuelling, but I am happy to see a study on the positives and negatives," said Todt.

However, Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "My recollection of refuelling, was that you wouldn't pass any cars on track, because you would either short-fill or long-fill the car in the pit lane."

"So while it was a fascinating race for tacticians and strategists, it was a very static boring race on track. And that's why we moved away from refuelling."

Status
Not open for further replies.